Eagle Eyes vs Throwing Stars

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Someone knows if the skill Eagle Eyes (any target counts as being 6 squares closer) synergies well with Shurikens? These have notoriously low range. Will this actually increase the range of the thrown weapon (but desperately inaccurate at that new range)? Or make it more accurate at normal range? I need to invest 3 skill points to get there with my Skaven team (2 for Blackpowder Mastery, a necessary prerequisite that I don’t otherwise need, obviously, since I’ll be Throwing Stars). And I want to know before I spend my hard earned experience on something that may just be totally pointless. Thanks! ;)
  2. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    It increases range of sight, so you can spot bad guys nore easily, and makes yer weapons preform better at their range, but does not increase it. Always worth a skill point.
  3. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    But is it worth 2 or 3 skill points? Two in the case of my Assassin (starts with a pip in Blackpowder Training), and 3 for all Verminkins.
  4. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    You will switch to OP Skaven pistols sooner or later, worth it
    Cyberaddict likes this.
  5. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    Your range of vision affects the percentage of success on hitting targets? That's new to me, I thought it was depending just from the BS, enemy range, and weapons range. If this is true, more initiative will give marksman more accuracy doesn't it?
  6. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    Initiative don help with your chance of hiting target
    but eagla eays make that your enamy is counted as 6 squares closer , so it improve your chance of hiting target
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Actually, range DOES help. Look at item 1.d., under Ranged on the Combat Mechanics page : https://forums.legendary-games.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-combat-mechanics.6729/

So, target 7 squares away will be treated as 1 square away, and the hit chances should thus be higher (and also damage, because it is a derivative of the hit%).

Initiative doesn’t affect combat range at all. It simply is a check roll to reveal hidden units (this check is modified by Lantern). Whether range affects the chances of this check, like it does for ranged hit%, is something I don’t know. But Perception and Hide skills double or halve the range at which such a check is at all possible (while Eagle Eyes would at +6 to that range, after multipliers).
  8. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Yes, that is what I said
  9. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    I tried this time ago and it was not like this, I mean, I I tried with a skaven pistolier time ago, and before checked the chance of impact on a enemy at a range of 4 squares, then unlock the skill, test again in the same condition and nothing changed, just the same percentage. I think it's just for spotting enemies 6, I may test again but it's not working as you guys say I think.
  10. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Thanks. I’ll eventually test it anyway, and will post the results here and archive them on the wiki, so people will know in the future. Anyway, for now, I decided my Skaven need more Initiative. I had a couple of though fights today, and all because I wasn’t the one to go all first.
  11. Perl Fisher Private

Message Count:
    I tried Eagle Eyes with Reikland pistoliers, and it made no difference on chance to hit. A target counted as being 6 squares closer would make a huge difference to a pistol wielder, but I didn’t see any, and I think either the skill or the description is broken. I don’t know if it works with long guns, but I would bet it doesn’t with shurikens.