Early game and tutorial

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Chris Jackson, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Charles Moir Private

Message Count:
    There could be a sort of "journal" feature that you could bring up to look through past instructions that you might have missed. I accidentally skipped the instructions. If there were any I cant recall. But yeah, a sort of journal where you can read past instructions and like story bits or whatever else it could be used for. In early game before you get used to the controls it would be nice to check this journal when you forget them.
  2. gamechamp1996 Private

Message Count:
    i found that it helped me get to know how to play the game and what to do, but it would have been more helpful if it showed you information when you hovered over a building or unit, plus it would of been useful if they told you how to use each unit so there is no confusion as to what to do with a truck, or jet troopers etc.
  3. Mr_Disappointment Private

Message Count:
    I feel the tutorial wasn't very informative and pretty much just bland; I was confused on what to do from the get go and didn't know my objective or what I had to do.
  4. Dane Private

Message Count:
    Because the character who pops up to tell you important things doesn't move, it doesn't attract much attention, so I think to skip it rather than read it, which can make me miss some important information. If it was more eye catching I'd be less likely to skip it.
  5. AkshaySoni Private

Message Count:
    Tutorial is very basic and doesn't even tell you how to play the game. It did take me a while to figure out what to do which should have been covered due to the game having a tutorial.
  6. Mckhi Dellamonica Private

Message Count:
    The tutorial is very vague even still after reading the text it is not clear and there seems to be no way of going back and re-reading. It would be helpful if floating on screen tips alerted after sometime for example if progress isn't being made or you're idle it should pop up on screen what your current or next objective is, from experience coming back to the game after a week of not playing i dropped in and completely forgot what i was supposed to do.
  7. Jasondepadua14 Private

Message Count:
    The tutorial is easy to understand but the abandoned harvester is hard to distinguish from other destroyed buildings on the battlefield map.
  8. Kyle Thompson Private

Message Count:
    I think you should have the 'Objective' or 'Objectives' in each level in top right corner, that why people will know what to do when doing each level. That way, it will be more clearer for other people
  9. Marcus Clarke Private

Message Count:
    I definitely think that the tutorial needs some sort of visual indicator to guide the player through each operation. Also I found that there was nothing to refer to if you skipped a piece of dialogue.
  10. Tom Price Private

Message Count:
    I think the tutorial was very vague, it didn't tell you much on what you had to do, I think they could add more to it so that it gives you an idea of what to do.
  11. connorvada Private

Message Count:
    In the tutorial when the characters pop up there is a lot of raiding to do got broad of it and what they did say did not helped me much. Did not know what to do the and the harvester are hard to see they look like the buildings.
  12. James Cook Private

Message Count:
    The game is not that clear and made it very hard to get through the levels, I was stuck on the probe level for quiet some time. Need more detail in the descriptions for missions to make it more clearer.
  13. peterzab96 Private

Message Count:
    The tutorial is simple and easy to understand, but it does need work. it needs to let the player know all of the features that the player can use.
  14. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The Tutorial we know is somthing we need to work on so please feel free to come back with specific suggestions. We will soon add a Tutorial "Story" thread with the text from this first few missions. Our aim is to rework the tutorial so that it is more than just directions on what to do but an introduction to the world narrative as well. What is going on who is fighting who etc. When we do this t will be good to get your feedback on the story as well as the directions.

It is also worth toggling between the 2D and 2D views when testing this feature. the 3d is new and missing some of the flashing objective markers that are in the 2d. These will come.
  15. Curtis Greenwood Private

Message Count:
    While playing the 2D version of the game I found that the first mission is not as straight found has you would think. After I was told that their was a 3D version and the game didn't let me change my 2D version game to the 3D one. Before I was able to get on the 3D version I had to make a third account. Because I didn't want to start again I just went back to my first account and played the game in 2D. I would like the game to let you change from the 2D version to the 3D version at anytime.
  16. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    What platform and browser are you playing on? There should be a 3d button at the bottom of the screen when playing in 2d and vice versa.
  17. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    On re reading I'm assuming you first signed up without using the special link. 3d is currently only enabled for testers using the special link.
  18. Chris Jackson Private

Message Count:
    He is trying to use the special link Ewan, I have had this issue with a few of the testers not being able to see 3d even with the link. I have emailed you a DXdiag for the machines they are using today.
  19. Curtis Greenwood Private

Message Count:
    Yeah, when I Made my second account I was using the special link that Chris Jackson gave me in class and I wasn't able to get on the 3D version
  20. Xenoblade Hero Private

Message Count:
    The tutorial level needs a little bit of work, and I wholly agree with the idea that a journal should be added to recap information. Also, a more engaging scenario to start off with that introduces the mechanics you learn throughout the next four levels could streamline a players experience
    Ewan Lamont likes this.