Effective Builds

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by FlaminGallahs2089, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:43 AM.

1. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    For rookies and casual players who dont want to have to try everything out and test for themselves.
    What is a effective way to start your warband? (Skills, Models, Numbers ect.)
    (If you have an insight on all factions that would be useful)
  2. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    I have personally found for all characters investing in at least 2 wounds increase upgrades is needed, otherwise you have to be a master strategist every game to make sure they avoid damage but can still deal it out.
    I have also found that most versions of armour are more negative than positive (considering price, mkvement reduction and added armour) these are anything but Jack Oplates and the highest level stuff, Vampiric Playes, Full plates and Gromil.
  3. FlaminGallahs2089 Private

Message Count:
    One problem I am finding with Undead is how to build up dregs, Do i focus on weapon skill or wounds or intangibles?
    Do I go for a little range, a heavy armour unit or a two hander?

Also Comet Maul vs Gromil sword vs Gromil Axe vs Gromil Two Hander
    Which is best and what other weapons (close range) are useful and in what circumstances?
  4. Shangular Corporal

Message Count:
    For Dregs, I'd build up Armor Training (so they can move normal with Gromil), Wounds and then WS and attacks. With Undead, your Vampire will be doing most of the killing, the Dregs can just mop up on stunned models while they level. Since dregs have no access to speed skills, they won't be able to hide well or move fast and thus will get shot up or charged first, and will get stunned. Hence building up wounds is important for these guys.