Elven cloak appears to not work

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Raptor, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Raptor Private

Message Count:
    I've got a captain in a 100 rated team, he's got an elven cloak and 38 defence but somehow nobody ever seems to miss him.

Is there a way to circumvent Elven Cloak that I don't know about?

The statistical improbability of him never being missed by anyone is starting to surpass the astronomical.
  2. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Elven cloaks only work vs ranged, right? Could be that
  3. CzaRus Private

Message Count:
    Guns&Elven bows have -15 to enemy defence, your cloak deletes this stat, basically leaving you with a crossbow against your defence. Mind you, 38 is quite pathetic defence.
  4. Cabernicola Private

Message Count:
    Does elven cloak bonus work for melee attacks, or only ranged? In the description it says only "hit chance", so I suppose iit works for both types.
  5. CzaRus Private

Message Count:
    I'm sorry to tell ya m8, but it doesn't. It only works at range. And if the enemy is close enough, don't rely on it.
  6. Cabernicola Private

Message Count:
    Ok Good to know. The description it's pretty confusing, it crearly reads "-15 hit chance for enemy", and the reference to ranged attacks is only in the "lore" text.
  7. CzaRus Private

Message Count:
    Yeah, it sure is. But at least it isn't complete OP nonsence, like if it did -15 in melee as well, armour in the early stages would be nearly pointless, as your enemy wouldn't be able to hit you anyway.
  8. Lord Bl00d Private

Message Count:
    I don’t think the elven cloaks work.
    If anything, my characters with elven cloaks get hit MORE often by ranged attacks than the characters without the cloaks!