Factions

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Mendeleev, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Mendeleev Private

Message Count:
    Hi there,

I thought to a simple think to deversify the warbands. Why don't you extend the splited faction to every race ? I mean, in the tabletop and in your alpha, Mercenaries are split into 3 cities : Marienburg, Middenheim and Reikland. The good think for your is that make basicaly 3 faction with one, easier to develop.

Now, you could extend this to the other races : 3 thematic roster per race.

Undead :
    - Necromencer (more magic)
    - Von Carstein (more fight)
    - Lahmians (fight and control)

Dwarfs : (common, you need to make the dwarfs^^)
    - Karak-a-karak (more gold)
    - Karak-Kadrin (more slayers)
    - Zhufbar (more black powder)

Etc,...

It could add deversity for the player for not so many work from the devs.
    Tykkefar and OverWatch like this.
  2. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    An interesting idea! It would be a departure from how the tabletop was set up, though I have to say I can't wait to see what blackpowder delights the dorfs bring to the party ;D
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    If we was to do something like this, I'd like to see it being done in a similar way to how we've already done with the Mercs. This means them being visually different, as well as having different abilities. This could be a lot of work for the team, but I don't think we've had much chance to speak about DLC as of late. So this will be an interesting topic!

BUT with that being said I could be wrong, and the team could share some different opinions... So I'll have to have a word with the rest of the team to see what they think about this.
  4. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    About the factions, I know you guys are trying to stick the the table top game, and I really like that. But are you guys going to ONLY use the original 6, Cult of Chaos, Skaven, Mercenaries, Undead, Sisters of Sigmar, and Witch Hunters, or will you guys use some of the Fan made ones, like the Elves, Bretonians and Liazrdmen?
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    At the moment we only have plans for the following factions (but this could change):
    • The three Mercenary Warbands we currently have in-game (Reikland, Marienburg, Middenheim).
    • Skaven.
    • Undead.
    • Cult of the Possessed.
    • Witch Hunters.
    • Sisters of Sigmar.
    Lem213 likes this.
  6. Miette de Corbin Corporal

Message Count:
    Carnival of Chaos has always been popular.

Orcs and Goblins are good draw for players not familiar with the Warhammer world (especially squigs!)
  7. Lem213 Private

Message Count:
    I played them for about 2 years before GW sort of killed Fantasy, and that is how I fist learned of and played Mordhiem.
    OverWatch likes this.
  8. Ghoulsverne Private

Message Count:
    *cough*
    Shadow Warriors
    *cough*
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  9. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    I don't know what you are planning for the DLC - I've heard mentions of faction/race specific weapons and loved it! The ability to make choices in a game.. and for those choices to bring unique value to my experience, is a really engaging aspect. With that said I'd love faction/race specific skills. Aka enhanced stealth skills for skaven / resistance skills for undead etc. Would help diversify the new dlc a lot!
  10. Jmstoic Private

Message Count:
    I'd appreciate a look into rebalancing the initial 3 human factions. The Reiklander seems to have no drawbacks. The marienburger squad has a huge drawback in lack of strength skills. I'm starting to really regret the marienburger choice.:(
  11. Gorvar Private

Message Count:
    What is this?! The devs refuse adding the Dawi to the dlc roster?! Do they want to be in the Domaz Kron?!

I agree with the suggestion of having three different holds to choose from.
    I would recommend instead of Karak-Kadrin to replace it with Karak-Hirn.
    Zhufbar would have acces to blackpowder ubits such as Thunderers while Hirn would stick with Quarrelers.
    Slayers would be the Freelancers for the dwarves.
    Agreed with Karaz-Az Karak with having more gold, makes sense for the hold.

Perhaps a bit much but if you ever would introduce a revenge function, like a enemy warband beats yours and you want payback, you get a extra bonus for "settling" the grudge.
  12. Brother Gottlieb Private

Message Count:
    Are there going to be "special" warbnd choices?Ogres, Rat Ogres, warhounds for Witch Hunters, giant rats etc?
  13. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Giant rats, Rat Ogres, and Ogres are all in the works! As is plenty of DLC (including Skaven which are next to come)

We're expecting to be able to release new updates on a fortnightly basis...