Favorite Warbands

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Spirant_Frame, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Spirant_Frame Private

Message Count:
    In the introduction tread the question was asked "What was your favorite Warband? Which Warbands would you like to see introduced?"

The first Warband that drew me into Mordheim was the Beastmen Raiders. There was something about having a Minotaur next to a drunken Centigor charging down those mean streets of Mordheim that made me say "Yes please."

That being said I love all chaos bound Warbands. I would love to see a veritable Carnival of Chaos in the form of several Warbands.
    Game kNight and OverWatch like this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Awesome! Beastmen Raiders isn't something we've discussed. But we're open to ideas, so thanks for that! I've just had to educate myself a bit on the Beastmen Raiders Warband, personally I'm not that familiar with them (shameful I know). They look like they'd do some serious damage nevertheless so I can definitely see why they'd catch your eye right off the bat... A Minotaur, just imagine the destruction!

You will be glad to know however that we do plan on adding the Cult Of The Possessed. So I'm sure you'll have fun causing anarchy with them...
    Game kNight likes this.
  3. Brascus Corporal

Message Count:
    It was already confirmed to me that my favorite war band will be included. I'm a Skaven player through and through. Whilst Spirant_Frame enjoyed charging through the streets full force, I like to jump my opponents in the alleyways and poison them into a stupor!
    Game kNight likes this.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Like you, I'm also SO excited for Skaven. I like to take the Ninja approach when possible... So I'm really looking forward to lurking in the shadows with the rats!
    Game kNight likes this.
  5. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    For the time being, I'm Middenheim all the way, but I like to dabble in a bit of everything :)

edit: I L-o-v-e-d the Dwarven treasure hunters in the tabletop. Their racial bonus was thick skulls, providing similar effect to a built in helmet versus stun checks and the like!
    Game kNight and OverWatch like this.
  6. Mortz82 Private

Message Count:
    Having already said it i am also a follower of the Horned Rat, now should there be a substitute for the Underfolk it would have to be the Undead. Which in their own right has the right idea, alot of cheap expendable fodder to tie up and weaken the opposistion whilst the more experienced troops swoop in and finish them off ;)
    OverWatch, Game kNight and morjax like this.
  7. Game kNight Private

Message Count:
    Lizardmen! Never got to play them as they came out after I ended my work with Games Workshop - but the little fellas are my favorites thru and thru!
    OverWatch likes this.
  8. Big Muuk Corporal

Message Count:
    I played Skaven and Middenheimers on the table top. I had just started getting into the Witch Hunters when I moved from the area. Having played them on the Rogue Factor version of the game, I absolutely love them.
    OverWatch and Game kNight like this.
  9. daggermaw Private

Message Count:
    Orcs and Goblins have always been my favorite across the warhammer universes and were thus my first warband for Mordhiem. But over the years, I've made and played, Skaven, witch hunters, possessed, reiklanders and pitfighters. I'd have to say my favorites are tied between Skaven and Possessed. Both for different reasons, I like the skaven when i want to play a sneaky hit and run warband. I play possessed when I just want to make a crazy over powered possessed ,odel to smash face with.
    Game kNight likes this.
  10. NebuHSV Private

Message Count:
    My first warband were the witch hunters, but the moment they were intruduced i played the dwarf tresure hunters. I still have the white dwarf featurig them. My playstyle fits to the fewer elite charakters (wich is a disadvantage in mordheim, i know) and, the main reason, i really like dwarfs!
  11. Mendeleev Private

Message Count:
    I played the Dwarven and the witch hunter... but I'm a fan of every official warband (some fan made warbands are overpowered).

And I'd love to see Orcs and gobbos... it's a unofficial warband but... who doesn't like squigs ? =D
  12. daggermaw Private

Message Count:
    what do you mean it's an unofficial warband? It's an official warband, was printed in White Dwarf, and the annual. They're part of expansions, just like dwarves, ostlanders and averlanders.
  13. Locan Private

Message Count:
    I look forward to playing witch hunters and sisters of sigmar. Those two have always interested me.
    OverWatch likes this.
  14. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    For me, it was witch hunters with their cute little vicious man eating puppies and Dwarf Treasure hunters. Loved them both! So much character there.
    morjax likes this.
  15. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Man eating puppies, ouch! Well you'll be glad to know Witch Hunters will be making an appearance...
    Diknek likes this.
  16. Yeovil Private

Message Count:
    Reiklanders, Middenheimers, Witch Hunters and Dwarf Treasure Hunters, these are my current miniature warbands, although I am kit-bashing Bretonninans soon. So these are the ones I would love to see on the game. During the demo I played Middenheimmers, and it was very cool :)
  17. Steve Gibbs Private

Message Count:
    I started with the Hammers of Middenhiem and then procured a Skaven warband, Pirates, Dwarves and Orcs. My two favorites were the Dwarves and the Orcs.

There were some other ones I was working on rules for but they never made it into the Town Cryer. My favorite setting was Khemri and exploring the dungeons there.
  18. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    As much as I've loved playing as the Reiklanders, I've had a sudden change to Middenheim... They're my favourite at the moment I'd say! Who knows once the new Warbands come into play though, I'm most looking forward to Skaven personally.

Would be cool to see some of your painted models! (If you'd like to show them that is) Feel free to post them in the "Creative Section" I'd definitely love to see what sort of models you've got...
  19. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Seconded! Yeovil: show us your models! =D
  20. Zagoradin Private

Message Count:
    Mordheim will not be complete without Skaven, Witch hunters, undead and the Sisters of Sigmar.

But my favourite would be Marienburg Warband :)
    Steve Gibbs and OverWatch like this.