Fear!

So it's possible to get the skill fear so that people might not attack you.

It's also possible to buy bugman's to counter this.

What it isn't possible to do is check if someone causes fear so you know to drink the potion before you try to attach them the first time.

Could there be a way to know if people cause fear, or have frenzy or stupidity?

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
So it's possible to get the skill fear so that people might not attack you.

It's also possible to buy bugman's to counter this.

What it isn't possible to do is check if someone causes fear so you know to drink the potion before you try to attach them the first time.

Could there be a way to know if people cause fear, or have frenzy or stupidity?
Any thoughts on what would be a good implementation to have for this?

We show status effects such as "Hidden" and "In cover" so we could do the same sort of thing to show that your opponents unit is a fear causing one, just a thought off the top of my head.

You only show if our people are in cover, not the opponents.

I think that when you click on an enemy it should show their stats above/around them.

On our players health bar at the moment we only use the left half (for some very strange reason) and the right half is unused. That could possibly become a split area showing the targeted enemy's health and useful information (frenzy, stupid, fear) as icons over them.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
You only show if our people are in cover, not the opponents.

I think that when you click on an enemy it should show their stats above/around them.

On our players health bar at the moment we only use the left half (for some very strange reason) and the right half is unused. That could possibly become a split area showing the targeted enemy's health and useful information (frenzy, stupid, fear) as icons over them.
That's what I meant, sorry for not being clearer. Something in that area to show whether the opponent has frenzy (or any effects which you can counter by using consumables or a skill) would be good to have in place. That way (like you stated earlier) you'll have a better understanding of when to use specific items.

We do have particle effects in place to show when a consumable has been used, so it only makes sense to have something in place to show injuries.

I've used consumables once. I kinda regret it. Using healing herbs took the turn and then they knocked me right back down. Would probably have been a better idea to hit him a few times.

But it needs to be a descriptive icon, not just some particle effects.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
I've used consumables once. I kinda regret it. Using healing herbs took the turn and then they knocked me right back down. Would probably have been a better idea to hit him a few times.

But it needs to be a descriptive icon, not just some particle effects.
Particle effects work for using consumables as you should already be aware of what it does, you're told before you actually consume it.

In terms of making the enemies status more clearer (e.g whether they have Frenzy) this was something that was brought up to Ewan (CEO) yesterday, and agrees that this is definitely missing. We'll be working on something relatively soon to get this functionality in the game as its now been added to the pipeline! You where totally right to point out that you have no real knowledge when the best time is to use consumables.

Well the best time to use bugmans beer is as soon as I know someone causes fear. It might take my turn, but I can hide, drink, then attack.

Trying to attack, failing, then drinking, means I get hit twice before I can attack back.

Ok this is getting really annoying now.

Get to charge, but miss automatically because of fear. Why am I making 2 fear checks to hit the first time!