Female Heroes please

And not just Sisters of Sigmar. Maybe in the customization options, allow gender to be selected?
If they're wearing dresses/skirts, you probably wouldn't have to change the armor options - no need to sexualize them. Rule of cool - add some ladies!

Thanks!

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
And not just Sisters of Sigmar. Maybe in the customization options, allow gender to be selected?
If they're wearing dresses/skirts, you probably wouldn't have to change the armor options - no need to sexualize them. Rule of cool - add some ladies!

Thanks!
At the moment I can't see this being something we're going to be able to do before release. Female models would probably create a lot of work for the team, especially for our artist Sam!

But I wouldn't write the idea off completely. I'm sure once we have the Sisters of Sigmar in place we'll be able to have a better look into this...

Thanks for your input!! :D

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Mordheim has always need a steadying 'female' touch. Just with plenty of armour and some BIG hammers......
Sisters will be a really nice addition to the game... can't wait till they're in! They will be coming as DLC ;).

Images of the original models will be great for reference though. Our artist (Sam) has based the models he has created off of the original Mordheim tabletop models!

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty jazzed about DLC. Wish I knew what sort of timeline was planned for new warbands, but I understand that it's generally good not to say too much until things are pretty final (less hype, at the cost of less chance of missed time targets, disappointments )

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
I'm pretty jazzed about DLC. Wish I knew what sort of timeline was planned for new warbands, but I understand that it's generally good not to say too much until things are pretty final (less hype, at the cost of less chance of missed time targets, disappointments )
The most I can really say on this is that Skaven will be the first DLC to drop!

Apart from that there's not really much I can say until (like you said) the DLC become more concrete and I can start to show off bits that Sam puts together, and demonstrate how it looks in-game etc.

Having Alpha access though means you'll more than likely be testing DLC once it's functional, so you've got that to look forward to my friend ;).

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
The most I can really say on this is that Skaven will be the first DLC to drop!

Apart from that there's not really much I can say until (like you said) the DLC become more concrete and I can start to show off bits that Sam puts together, and demonstrate how it looks in-game etc.

Having Alpha access though means you'll more than likely be testing DLC once it's functional, so you've got that to look forward to my friend ;).

I figured as much (and honestly, it's a prudent approach). Either way, should be fun ^_^

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
I figured as much (and honestly, it's a prudent approach). Either way, should be fun ^_^
The last thing we'd want to do is mislead the community in any way! Or promise a date we can't stick to. But once I know more, you guys will definitely know more :D ! You can count on that

Bogianen

Private

Thanks!
good point

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of DLCs:
Is every faction going to have itsown armour/weapon design? I'm curious about Witch Hunters - are they gonna have hats? :)

Given Sam's given each of the human bands each their on flavor, I wouldn't be surprised if they have some customized look. Also, there's already a framework for excluding certain units from certain equipment (some warriors can't take certain skills, some can't take certain gear), so I see a distinct possibility for warband-specific gear (slings for skaven, hats for WH, special sigmar gear for the ladies, etc).

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Speaking of DLCs:
Is every faction going to have itsown armour/weapon design? I'm curious about Witch Hunters - are they gonna have hats? :)
We do have plans to bring unique weapons/armour into the game! I can't speak for Witch Hunters at the moment, as they haven't been worked on yet. BUT Skaven on the other hand (currently in the works) we have already got unique weapons and armour in place for.

We tried to make the mercenaries as different as we could (visually) so we've definitely got that idea in mind for the other factions we bring to the game. And like Morjax quite rightly pointed out, each warband has their own set of skills.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
That is awesome. Can't wait for the WH. I have a question: do (for example skaven) have limited access to heavy armour and equipment?
We're really looking forward to being able to release DLC too... It was awesome to be able to show off Skaven in their alpha state at Warhammer Fest. Definitely caught a few people's attention!

Skaven will have their own set of unique weaponry/armour (just like how the human mercs currently have). There will still be lots of variety but there will be mostly light armour types for Skaven, with the exception of a few heavy armour types, but definitely not as many as what the humans have.