Fighting for Balance

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prabdeep Bazaz, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    Our current matchmaking system works well but we occasionally get a complaint that a player feels that they were put against a too powerful warband, so we are working on an improvement based on equipment as well as XP. The most recent release is the first step of putting this in. You won’t see any change, but we ask if you can help us by downloading the update and playing a few games with all the warbands you have created. To download the latest update, click here http://onelink.to/75hkpy.
  2. Trapsinger Major

Message Count:
    Hey, I started out with my marienburger warband, and they are being consistently matched against AI opponents that do not award any survival experience.

I think maybe if you are adjusting the warband ratings for pre game matching, you may also need to adjust them for post game experience rewards.

That said the gameplay against these bands did feel more balanced during the actual game, so it seems like it will be a good change once you work out the kinks. Only played human merc vs. human merc so far though, I know that undead and skaven value gear differently, so I'll keep playing and see how those work out.
  3. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    The changes in this update were very small but in the next update is where the new matchmaking system will be put in place properly
  4. CuliDuri Corporal

Message Count:
    Is the rank of a band also used to calculate which enemies you will fight against? (And... What's the difference between the "medals rank" and "wyrdstone" rank?). Or it depends just by the individual experience of every warrior (put together)?
  5. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:

Yes, the warband rank is also used to calculate the enemies you go up against. Essentially, your equipment and skills are used to calculate the rating for each unit in your warband.

I'm not too sure what you mean by medals and wrydstone rank?
  6. CuliDuri Corporal

Message Count:
    in the main screen (where you can choose store, camp, tavern, and so on) you can see the rank points (3400 for me, ex) with a little icon medal...
    Wrydstone rank (I don't know if it's the right word) shows how many w. You have (something like 900)... The more you have, the lowest is the number of the rank (so you have a lot of them, you are the "first" in this rank).
    Is it understandable ^_^'?
  7. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Ah okay, I see what you mean. Here is an image showing what each mean and their explanation is down below:

Gold
    This is the current amount of gold your warband has to spend on items like equipment.

Wrydstone
    The wyrdstone count on the main menu shows you how much wyrdstone you have currently against the total amount of wyrdstone that you have collected.

Current Warband Rating (Medal icon)
    This shows you the rating of your current warband, this is used to put you up against opponents. This is being adjusted so it better represents your warband's overall strength.

Leaderboard
    The leaderboard is ranked in order of total collected wyrdstone, the more you have the higher you will be in the leaderboard.

Attached Files: