Game won't load every time after update

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Sylens, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Since the new update, Mordheim will get to the point where I tap the screen to start. Tap the screen and it may load for a second, but then just closes.

I have uninstalled, cleared my cache and reinstalled. Did not work. Sometimes it will load, but when it does it takes almost 10mins to get from the title screen to the main menu page. Sits there loading that long. Playing on an Nvidia Shield tablet.
  2. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble with our game. So it was working fine before the new update? Could you let me know your Google Play Games username, connection type and the version of Android your tablet is running so we can look into this further?

Thanks
  3. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    I use Sylens2 as my gplay uname. It uses the same email this forum account uses. On Android 7.0. And before the update, loading, freezing, and\or performance was one thing I never had any issues with. Especially something like this. I find I can get it to load if I try multiple times, and even then it takes almost 10mins to load from the title screen to the main menu.

I play on a Nvidia Shield tablet. After the update, I now get a message on the gplay download page that says "this app may not be optimized for your device." Did not have that before.
  4. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Anything? You shouldn't apologize that I am having trouble with the game. You should apologize for the awful customer service and support your company displays. No link in game to this forum or any support. I posted this 2 days ago and got a scripted response from someone who did not follow up after I answered his questions. Tell ya guys, game is 5 stars. Support is lucky to get 1. I've felt that since I first noticed no in game links to support. And this is not making it better.

I have spent almost $100 on this game. And now I can't play it. If I am posting or logging a ticket in the wrong place, can you at least point me to the right one?
  5. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Sylens, that was not an automated response, First off, thanks for getting back to me quickly with your device information. But, I did write that myself to get a general idea as to what could be causing the issue wih your installation of Mordheim and let the team know some more information so we can solve your issue. Sorry it's taken two days to get back to you, your response was at 4pm and the previous post was posted at 5am as we are in BST. But rest assured, I am looking into your query and will provide an update as soon as possible.
  6. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Here is an update on the situation. We believe it may have something to do with the recent Unity upgrade to 2018 that may have some incompatibilities with the Nvidia Shield tablet. Unfortunately, we don't have a Nvidia device on hand to do further testing on. But, we are working as hard as we can, however, to try and figure out what is causing the incompatibility.

I will provide an update as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
  7. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    I was logging on to apologize for being so nasty and impatient and find 2 replies. Well played, Amaan. I have had my share of complaints about the game, but obviously enjoy it a great deal if I've spent this much money. I don't spend money on gplay games. Find most are over priced and full of greed. This one has that aspect as well, but I enjoy it enough, I got over that.

Please let me know if I can provide any other info to help you. Update on the issue, as of now I haven't been able to get the game to open at all since Wednesday. If uninstall, then reinstall, it opens right up. And I can play for hours. Soon as I close it, it won't load again. I imagine it will work again if I repeat the uninstall/reinstall (yes I cleared the device cache after uninstalling). I'd rather avoid having to go through that if I wanna play. Thank you Amaan.
  8. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Hey Amaan. I have a thought. So I finally got impatient again and uninstalled then reinstalled the game. After the reinstall, Mordheim opened and I played it all afternoon with no problems. Even had to leave it sit in game for a couple hours and it was fine. Then I closed the game and now it won't load past title screen again.

So here's my thought and/or question. I don't have a graceful option to shut Mordheim down as a program. Because there is no "exit" in game and hitting the "back" on my tablet does not give me a "Do you want to exit?" pop up I have to force close this game. Could this force close be corrupting the program?

I am not a coder, but I am an IT instructor. So I have a strong understanding of what's going on in most cases. You said you do not have a Shield to test things on. Is there a way some one can walk me through what you guys would need to test on a Shield to solve this. I may be able to help.
  9. Omnipo_B Private

Message Count:
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue on a RCA RCT6773w22 4.4.2 touch mini tablet as well. I've done all the same things to fix it too. And I've spent about $100 playing also. I will continue to follow this thread for answers. Thanks for starting it and BTW my warband is called "Fight of the Intruders", anyone ever battle them in Ai mode? Jw.
  10. Omnipo_B Private

Message Count:
    Hi again,
    I was hoping Amaan could fix my loading problem also. Please see my previous message posted to this thread for my device info. But just in case; RCA RCT 6773w22, v4.4.2. Username: Omnipo_B and connection type: Wifi. Thanks in advance.
  11. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Currently looking into what we can do to help replicate the issue on our end, so far we haven't seen this issue occuring. Is there anything you remember doing before the issue? Do you know how many warbands you have saved and if they have had any deaths/injuries?
  12. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Hi Amaan. My account has 3 warbands saved. No injuries as I buy fate and dismiss anyone I don't want to heal. If they died, I either healed them, or replaced them. Actually, I have a couple troops with the hardened injury. I keep that one. But who has that memorized?

When I reinstall the game, it deletes them and I have to download them again.

The problem is during initial game load. "Tap to Start" tap it, and sometimes it will give you the loading meteor, then close. Sometimes it just closes. Either way, unless I reinstall every time I want to play, it won't load past the title screen.
  13. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    We may have found a possible solution to the problem, unfortuantly it has msised the current release cycle but will be out in the next update.
    Cypher likes this.
  14. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Thank you!

Can we get a general timeline on that? Weeks? Month or so?
  15. Sylens Private

Message Count:

And for future forum references, is it better to reply to your post, like this?
  16. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Thanks for the heads up you guys released a patch... :p. It does seem to have fixed the issue. I will let you know if I have troubles again. Now, to find the nearest thread regarding this game's "insert coin here" pay to play problem.
  17. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Spoke to soon. Still closes after tapping to start.
  18. Sylens Private

Message Count:
    Still same problem. Update didn't fix anything. Still can't play. Any word from our sponsors?