Grenade launchers, am I being stupid??? <Insert comment here>

So, after getting loads of grenades (that I don't use) from the daily reward, I (eventually) got a superior grenade launcher to test them.

I'd read the description for limited ammo, that unused ammo is lost at the end of the match. I guess it's like the crisps in a tube, once you pop, you can't stop. Or like a tin of tuna & once you break the seal, they just don't stay fresh for long.

Screenshot_20220102-001320.png

What I don't understand, is that each grenade in a pouch slot, is a single use grenade. The description led me to believe that once I'd started using them (frag or Krak - they were always good enough for old school SM missile launchers), the pouch would be empty when the match finishes. 'once used, remaining ammo is lost after battle'. But they're one grenade per use, so there's no remaining to be lost. In my mind anyway.

Am I the only person to find or be confused by either the mechanic or the wording?

I gave the launcher to the lookout who runs on the guilder squad & using a single frag & Krak during a match costs around 1300 credits - for a mission which earns around 600 credits. It's fun, but the rest of the gang are subsidising the fireworks. Especially when it's 2 shots & then thumb twiddling.

SOB

Does it use all the grenades or just consume the ones you fired?

I get the impression that these consumable weaponry are used as "oh shit" buttons for tough fights.

Does it use all the grenades or just consume the ones you fired?

I get the impression that these consumable weaponry are used as "oh shit" buttons for tough fights.
Each grenade I place into a gang members pouch is a single consumable item. Which makes some sense. But the description led me to believe that, for a reasonably expensive item, there would be more available, as unused would be lost. But they're either in a pouch, still unfired, or used once.

If the (expensive) mechanic is as designed, I think the wording could be clearer.

SOB