Grudge bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Blackstaff, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    I've noticed some strange issues with the dwarven grudge ability. As described, it works against non-humans and non-dwarves, but in fact it works against the human members of Undead and Possessed, and not against elves.

Considering the War of Vengeance (aka War of the Beard) which occurred between dwarves and elves 2,000 years before the time of Sigmar, I believe the grudge should work on elves. And not on those poor dregs and darksouls who do not have entries in the Book of Grudges.

Anyone else noticed this issue?
    Algirdas25 and CzaRus like this.
  2. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    also it shouldnt work on halfflings , lore wise
  3. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    I think the reason of that is the kind of their faction, dregs and ghouls are considered "undead" and possessed are considered "possessed" not humans. Maybe daemons? If blessed water works on them, be sure they're daemons.

About elves on human bands, they disserve hate xD
    CzaRus likes this.
  4. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    Non-humans, non-dwarves. I understand that it could work on those with mutations, ghouls, Possessed (those who are no longer human); dregs and necromancers, despite their affiliations, are human.

But really I posted this because of the elves. Lore wise and game balance wise, grudge should work on them. All I'm seeking is consistency with the description of the skill and how it works in game, which should not be that much to ask.
  5. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    I've looked into this, and grudge does not work on halflings, who apparently are short humans, or beardless dwarves. ;)
  6. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    they fixed that ? yey
  7. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    I'm not sure if there was a fix; I wasn't sure of halfling susceptibility to grudge until I recently attacked one in melee. Usually my shooters handle them. There are several different abilities and spells that give the attacker reroll, so being attacked by a grudge bearing dwarf does not necessarily mean the grudge caused the effect.
  8. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    Updating this as I playtest more. The grudge works against human hirelings on Possessed and Undead warbands, such as Warlocks and Pit Fighters. But it works on Ogres on any warband.
  9. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    I'll make this my last post here, so as to stop cluttering the airwaves.

There are two fixes here, one easy and one presumably more difficult. The easy way is to change the skill description to say something like "all members of non-human and non-dwarven warbands are subject to the Great Grudge, as are Ogres on any warband".

The hard way is of course to change the programming to fit the skill description. I'm not pushing for that, just that the problem (which I do not actually think is a true bug) be addressed.
  10. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Can you please update the wiki with how the skill actually functions? These precious pieces of information need to be centralized somewhere... Thanks!
  11. Blackstaff Corporal

Message Count:
    Couldn't find a section on Dwarves in the wiki to update...
  12. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    They're kind of new. You should create new pages, as needed. Just copy-paste from other pages like Skaven (I know these are well filled, I've done them) and edit accordingly for the Dwarves (so that the format is all the same).