Halfling waband rating concern

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AlphaTwitch, Jan 19, 2019.

1. AlphaTwitch Private

Message Count:
    Ive recently been playing a warband of 4 halflings. Altho it has been lots of fun, ive been starting to feel that it is quite unbalanced. which leads me to the question "do the halflings scale diferently to other warriors?"

The 4 halflings i have are levels 15, 12, 13, 13 with a warband rating of 61. This jumps up to 84 if they all have armor and 100 if all equipped with companions. Having access to both shooting and speed skills brings up the old Riekland ambush problem, Although having just 4 warriors is less of a concern, it is quite over powered compared to other warbands with a similar rating.

After playing a couple of games agasint a Witch hunter player, my opponent graciously brought this to my attention, i didn't realize the lvl differences was so great with similar warband ratings

Witch Hunters 6, 3, 3, 2 Warband Rating 42
    Halfling Mercs 15,12,13,13 Warband Rating 60

I am bringing up this issue because i believe it needs to be looked at, but i'm not too sure what can be done about this, so i will leave it in the hands of the Dev team ;) I can see why halflings may be viewed as "much weaker" than normal warriors, but their individual rating may need looking at. I have been trying to raise my warband rating to find more balanced matches, but my rating goes up soooo slowly.

1 last question. Does the crit hit bonus from melee weapons apply to ranged? when equipping my skaven with cleavers their crit goes up to 75%, but i am unsure if this applies to melee or ranged
  2. AlphaTwitch Private

Message Count:
    I just lvl'd up one of my halflings, putting a 6th skill point into BS. My warband rating went from 100 to 101, is this normal?
  3. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    For the record, Witch Hunters was me, but the above levels were after the last game vs Halfling. For that game, levels were 5, 2, 2 and 1.

The problem with such imbalance is that it may well make new players rage quit this game. That's not good to build up a community.
  4. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    A question: Did the warband with higher levels use their skill points? Some players save them up so even though you have all level 20 warriors for example, you can manage to a low rating.

I think the key driver is that melee skills are weighted much higher than missile skills. So if you’ve put points on certain Combat skills like Attack increase it will push you to a higher rating quicker. I think this was done because the game is very much close combat oriented. Once you’re in close combat, shooting is mostly nullified except for pistols.

The old rating system used to mirror the TT version and was based on experience so in your example above the higer level warband would easily have a higher rating. But I guess too many people complained that it was unbalanced so we have the rating system we do today.
  5. AlphaTwitch Private

Message Count:
    I have spent all the skill points i have available. Going to start working on str and melee abilities to try and bring my rating up quicker
  6. Jesse Shaffer Major

Message Count:
    I’ve been playing a warband of four Halflings and one ranged Middenheim captain and, I must say, it really has been great fun. If the game had an easy mode, this would be it. I have another warband, the “Wyrd Warlocks” consisting of two necromancers and three warlocks and I totally want them to face halfling hoards. That would be encredibly fun.