Help with weapon damage

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Haunt, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Haunt Private

Message Count:
    Hi all,
    I really have a problem at the moment. I am doing most of the time only about 1-2 damage points ( while taking 4-6 ) one of my characters has mighty blow, carrying a flail and has strength 54.

I have not a weapon mastery however. How can I increase damaged? Crossbow seems to work better however.
    Do I miss something with the weapon skills?

Thanks
  2. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Generally weapon training allows you to use the weapon, weapon mastery unlocks its full potential. If the enemy you are fighting has high WS or high armour or both that will reduce the damage you can do.
  3. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    What is your character's strength value before you calculate in Might Blow and the increase from the Flail, 44?
  4. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    As stated, getting weapon mastery, and strength will increase the amount of damage you can do with a particular weapon, and increasing weapon skill will increase your chance to hit. Skills like mighty blow can help too (possibly combined with heavy 2-handers, or flails that can double damage on a charge for extra "fun").
  5. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    @Morjax is there any minimum damage roll?

Pretty messed up if you can get 50-80 attack strength and you still do get 1 damage.
  6. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Not to my knowledge, but it would be nice if the range, both minimum and maximum, increased as strength increases. Even professionals can strike a poor blow, but the average should be much better as they gain experience. (in the tabletop, I believe you were guaranteed some level of offense if your strength was X above their toughness).