Hey, when i played a pvp match, i meet a cheating guy

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Shuai The Great, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    when i played a pvp match, i meet a cheating guy:(
    1. he is Reikland
    2. his warriors can move quite far away that over 30 or much longer
    3. his shooters can fire at will, Ignored all obstacle (and through a few walls ) and them can shoot even if involved close combat
    4. my spells were harder to be cast , and always fail

who is that:mad:
  2. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    The shooting is a bit wierd currently. What was he shooting at you in close combat? Was he using pistols of any kind (includingc rossbow pistols)? If so, that's normally allowed, it's an extra attack unless they have 2 pistols and then it's all their attacks. Second, I've noticed that sometimes you think you are in combat with someone but you end up not being - usually it happens when you go to fight multiple people in close combat, you kill one and can't attack the other one in contact with you. These same warriors then seem to be able to fire missile weapons unhindered. The ignoring cover thing is a bit messed up, it's very hit and miss whether you get those weird shots that from some angles look like there is no gaps in the cover, or whether you are concealed, try and hide more at least until within charge range of everything.

To your second point on movement. the default human move/run is 4 spaces. Most people end up at 3 for a while because of the weight of armour. Whilst I've not added sprint to any of my human warriors yet, that does add one to the run characteristic so that gets extra movement. Were any of his warriors using crimson shade or magic for the flight of the zimmeranmovement spell? Those could be other explanations here.

To the 4th point, it could have been one of those games where your 99% chance toc ast spells fail a few times ina row, I've had it happen to me both pvp and in ai games, it's frustrating to say the least, but magic is very powerful so the failure here and there is a balancing thing. But yeah, could be an issue here or it could just be bad luck that game.
    Cypher likes this.
  3. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    o

Oh no , his gay was using Hochland long Rifle and involved in close combat with my gay, but he still can shoot .
    And his warriors can run 30 squares or more which was not using Flight Spell.

I think that was cheating or using some bugs which i don't know
  4. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    Did you remember the name of the Warband? Without something more to go on it would be very difficult for the developers to try to investigate. Try to see if you can encounter the same player a second time and try to note the name of the Warband. As Auretious Taak mentions much of what you experienced could be due to irregularities in the game and not any malicious or intentional manipulation of the code or system.

Shooting is so inconsistent for me that I only use pistols (crossbow, blackpoweder, warplock) although the AI seems to always be able to line up shots I can not for the life of me figure it out, much prefer the table top in this respect. I wish there was something similar to the charge function that allowed you to see the range and chance of hitting with a ranged attack before committing to a move. Perhaps allowing one toggle between "ranged" and "mêlée" similar to how you toggle between spells or tail attack.

Line of sight and line of effect are difficult to see sometimes but it does appear that there are times when you are shot through solid obstacles and I think the more we are able to provide detailed information regarding the map, location, building etcetera the greater chance the developers can look into the matter and address it.

The most important factor to having these types of concerns resolved is being able to provide as many details (and screen shots) as possible so that the lovely chaps Legendary Games can adequately investigate the matter.
  5. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:

Thank you for your answer. :D
    But his warband name is just Reikland Mercenaries :(
  6. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    What is your rating? Or do you remember the rating of his Warband?
  7. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    My rating is 470, his rating is 500 or more which i had forgotten. He has a long Rifle man, 4 bow man, a throwknife man and a warlock.
  8. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    A captain with flight spell and infiltration (don’t know if humans get that skill) could easily make 30 squares if both spells cast plus there move, 12+4 x 2 but the spell animation should be readily visible.

Ok, scratch that thought. Looks like they can’t get that skill.. or at least my midden WB can’t.
  9. Shangular Corporal

Message Count:
    Only Skaven can get the Infiltration skill. 18 would be max (12 flight, 4 base, 1 Sprint, 1 Crimson Shade) for a single turn. The only way I can see him moving 30+ squares is if he had the highest initiative and he passed his first turn, then got 2 turns in a row so it may look continuous.

But no way the long rifle should be able to target you if you are in close combat.
    Deadhiel likes this.