Hired Swords

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by FlaminGallahs2089, Jul 28, 2018.

1. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    I am running my Reiklander band 'Flamed Guards' atm and I bought some fate to get a hired sword to complete my current collection.
    Yet for the past like 20 matches at the end their is no pit fighter, which is the hired sword I want.
    I went up to 6 members to see if he would pop up still didnt (only warlocks)
    I already have a freelancer and warlock and want to complete the trio.
    Does anyone know if there are regulations i dont fit in atm or is it just bad luck?
  2. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    I think it's pure luck friend. I went the same path you did except after having 5 in my WB I got the wizard and pit fighter. Then, the next time I visited the Tavern I got a freelancer.

I haven't tested it (on non undead WB's) but I'd expect each hired sword has different stats too (my Vampire definitely did). So while a pit fighter may pop up, don't get the first one that appears unless you are happy with the stats.
    FlaminGallahs2089 likes this.
  3. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Vampires are only extreme changes atm in stats wise for hired swords.
    Vampires have up to 10wounds, 45WS, 40ST if memory serves me right.
    Warlocks have a higher startijg iniative and can unlock magic.
    Freelancer has nothing.
    Pit Fighter can get speed buffs and skill.
    But warlock, freelancer, pit fight all have same base stats as the warrior and marksman traditionally.
    (Havent used skaven)

I have had a pit fighter before, but they just wont turn up in the tavern for this band recently, I will keep trying and hopefully get one eventually, as is in times of war warriors arent always easily accessable especially the good ones.
    Deadhiel likes this.
  4. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Vamp can get a theoretical 45 WS, 45 BS, 45 Str, 55 Init, 75 Ld though it takes a stupid amount of time for one that good to pop up in the Crypt. Mine ended up with max W, WS & Str after about 38 trips. TBH I was mostly just interested in W & Str at that point :)

EDITED.. my bad, looks like 80 Ld is max, was going through my many photo's of vamp possibles and found one with 77 Ld :) God I love vampires!!
  5. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    With my vamp I think he has within 5 of every attribute maxed,
    Woulds i got 9 (18 is a cool number)
    But every other character I genrally just look for max wounds and no less than 2-3 down in other important catergories for that individual character.
    Pit fighter popped up finally, solid stats to 5W, 32Str, 33WS with solid initative also.
    Thanks for your help
    Deadhiel likes this.