House Van Saar!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Van-Saar.jpg

House Van Saar is the technological powerhouse of Necromunda, its artisans and armourers creating the finest weapons and war gear of all the clans. Their power, however, is built around a dark secret unknown to outsiders and even many within the House.

Will you be controlling Van Saar in Necromunda: Gang Skirmish?​

edward

Major
I haven't played Necromunda since the mid 90's and obviously Van Saar is looking quite different from then. I'm wondering what the significance of the metallic braids/suits are? I should probably read some fluff online.

Ectoplasm

Private
I haven't played Necromunda since the mid 90's and obviously Van Saar is looking quite different from then. I'm wondering what the significance of the metallic braids/suits are? I should probably read some fluff online.
I don't know the old fluff but pretty familiar with the new stuff.

The Van Saar have a malfunctioning STC. This gives them the tech advantage over most gangs. They have the newest laser, plasma, rad, and melta weapons. But the STC is also slowly killing them all by leaking radiation. Their average life span has been reduced to like 50 or 60 years old. The body suits are a way to combat the radiation. Not really sure what the braids are for though. I didn't see it mentioned in the Van Saar entry in "Gangs of the Underhive." Though it does mention that all van saar tend to be tinkerers, so it's likely that the braids are some sort of neural interface that they use to connect to different machines and auspexes.