How can Rats use non-Skaven equipment???

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by arielbelkin, Feb 27, 2018.

1. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    I don’t recall axes being available? How is this done?

Attached Files:

2. DTay88 Corporal

Message Count:
    You can find that axe as a drop. Unfortunately it has the same stats as a cleaver.
  3. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    During the early stages of the skaven release, there was a glitch-hole whereby Skaven could equip human items and armour (which looked ridiculous), this has been fixed since. However, there are a few remnants of this lurking about. Some skaven still carry gear from those early days.
  4. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    So there is no way my rats will ever be able to capitalize on all the Palace Garden stuff :(
  5. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Probably not. Mind you, do they really need more of advantage?..
  6. arielbelkin Major

Message Count:
    Skaven only have an advantage if you know how to play them. Throw them into combat and they are Swiss cheese...
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  7. Jawajambalya Private

Message Count:
    Very true skaven are not to great in close combat even with all the perks they are wanting against the human warbands i think they should bring back the ability to equip SOME human equipment (i want a rat with a flat hat!) And let the human warbands equip some skaven weapons. Might add some variety to the battle just my opinion tho
  8. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Skaven have speed and attacks over humans, also black hunger (sic?), infiltration and sometimes a lot more than three attacks. You may need to take a little time to pry the armoured middenheaper out if his gromril, but all else aside, I believe you have the advantage.

Oh, skaven spells kick frickin arse... just another bonus
  9. Jawajambalya Private

Message Count:
    Attacks and. Speed yes i agree but i want to see humans using wiping blades and fighting claws rays Iong barrels but i realy want my rat to get his comet halberd or hammer back!
  10. DTay88 Corporal

Message Count:
    I support this! I have to imagine palace gardens gets needed soon but hopefully there exists a chance to still get good loot. it would be so cool to occasionally get loot specifically for another warband with a new special skill to be able to use it.
    TheWizardWatley and Jawajambalya like this.
  11. Jawajambalya Private

Message Count:
    I like that idea
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  12. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Would be good to see. I got wind of a rumour there may be more maps being added, maybe there will be more for the other warbands.

As for the poison blades etc, I doubt a human has the ability to learn to use the claws, and by rights we should be able to purchase poisons from the store for humans as a 'consumable'. I don't see however why rats couldn't use a warhammer, or why humans couldn't use the whip or the skaven version of the club, which looks a lot coooler than the studded log humes get. However, I'd draw the line at warp jezzails. That would seriously tip the balance, and until there are human warbands better suited to dealing with mutant rats and undead (witchypoos and sistas) I'd say it's best to keep it as is.