How do I get my Warband's Marksman to fire multiple shots?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Itinerant, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Itinerant Private

Message Count:
    I keep going up against Warbands that fire multiple times with bows, rifles and crossbows.

How do I do that with my warband? The only weapon I've found which does it is the Repeater Crossbow, but that just fires twice. Some archers have fired at me three or four times. There's an Ambush skill, but my opponents seem to be firing multiple times even after someone has moved into range for the first time.

Does the attack stat make a difference? If I get more attacks can I fire more?
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    You can fire multiple times by upgrading the "Quick Shot" skill in the shooting skills tab.

Some weapons grant an extra shot if you have the right mastery as well (another skill). You'll notice that some weapons have figures in brackets, these can be unlocked by acquiring the corresponding mastery (depending on the weapon you have). The repeater crossbow has this function.You'll notice that where it says "Shots" in the description it says: 1(2).
  3. Glashnik Private

Message Count:
    Can pistols also fire multiple times with quickshot?

I.e. - if I have a pistolier with two pistols; if I give him quickshot, will he fire four times instead of twice?
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Sorry for not answering the question about Attacks that totally slipped my mind. Attack increases only apply to melee weapons, as they're in the combat skill tab!

All ranged weapons can fire multiple times using the Quick Shot skill, but only if you haven't moved your unit beforehand. Many weapons require you to reload, however, as do the pistols. So in regards to being able to fire 4 times, you would certainly be able to do so, but you would need the Hunter skill to be able to ignore that reload penalty.
  5. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    No, pistols can only fire 3 times even with hunter.
    And no archer can fire 4 times. When you get shot from invisble marksmen it's quite possible he has 2 archers with quickshot who are very close to each other. When you don't see the shooters it might give an illusion of 4 shots.

The only weapons that can fire more than two shots are repeater xbow and repeater handgun.
    morjax likes this.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I was under the impression you could take 4 shots, after doing some testing it appears you can't, so you're right in saying that my apologies for any confusion.

I was referring to pistols, as that was the weapon in question. You're correct in saying that you can't take 4 shots with a lot of other weapons, but all ranged weapons have the ability to take more than one shot due to the Quick Shot skill.
  7. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    As we are on the topic of ranged weapons can someone please describe to me the difference between the hochland long rifle v. The same but with 'augmented sight’ ...all the stats are the same! Do we just pay over 150 extra gold for aesthetics??
  8. Marquand Major

Message Count:
  9. Itinerant2 Private

Message Count:
    I got signed out of my first account and haven't received any e-mails from this website, not in my junk folder either, so I've made a new account. I don't know how long it'll last, I haven't received any confirmation e-mails for this one neither.

I don't have the Quick Shot ability for my Marksman.

I have the Mastery Skills, Thrown Weapons skill, and BS increase skill. That's it.

It's not locked like, for example, Mighty Blow. Quick Shot is just not there.
  10. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    What warband are you?
  11. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    That's odd. You should receive email notifications when someone replies to threads you're watching.

If someone has responded to your messages you'll see you have a new alert when you sign in, just keep checking this from time to time if you are still not getting any emails. I'll have a look to see if there's anything I can do to help on that front in the mean time...

Sounds like you're Middenheim. I should have made this clear before, but as Middenheim you don't have access to a lot of the ranged abilities that other Warbands do.

Reikland & Marienburg have access to these skills!