How does Wyrdstone Hunter Skill work?

One of my Warlock upgrade the Wyrdstone Hunter Skill. The description of that skill is Increase likelihood of finding shards, but nothing have happened.

I want to know how the skill works , and if two or more warriors of my wayband have upgraded that skill , will it works multiply ?

Deadhiel

Corporal
I'd like to know this too. I have the skill unlocked on three characters on one Warband and It doesn't appear to do much. If anything I notice more random shards on the ground with my Skaven WB who doesn't have this skill at all..

I'd like to know this too. I have the skill unlocked on three characters on one Warband and It doesn't appear to do much. If anything I notice more random shards on the ground with my Skaven WB who doesn't have this skill at all..
Yeah , I have a Necromancer, two warlock, and a vampire, and all of them can learn this skill. So i want to know

Cypher

Corporal
If it is similar to how the skill works in the table top it impacts the Wyrdstone you are awarded at the end of the battle, during the Exploration Phase, so I would guess that there is some random element that determines the number of additional shards you get after a battle and Wyrdstone Hunter provides a beneficial modifier. In the table top you got a re-roll (not always better in Mordheim) however in this case it may just add to the "roll" hence increasing your chances of a better result.

Auretious Taak

Corporal
In the table top you got a re-roll (not always better in Mordheim) however in this case it may just add to the "roll" hence increasing your chances of a better result.
Ahh, but the re-roll was nort compulsory and it is always better to have the option to re-roll the dice in the tabletop then not.

The question for warband skirmish is whether the skill is always beneficial or not.

Cypher

Corporal
Yes it's optional but you have to take the new die, even if it's worse. Sometimes when you roll a 3-4 you really have to think about it. I think that the way things likely work with the coding the Exploration chart for shards found are likely converted into percentile and the skill Wyrdstone Hunter likely just adds +XX% to the 'roll' with better outcomes having higher numbers.

I think it seems to add a wyrdstone to the playing area. Random location and you have to pick it up yourself. Never tried having it on more than one character though :)

Cypher

Corporal
I think it seems to add a wyrdstone to the playing area. Random location and you have to pick it up yourself. Never tried having it on more than one character though :)
It doesn't ad Warpstone to the map (at least I do not think it does) it increases the Wyrdstone you are awarded in the post battle "Exploration" Phase. Ever notice how despite loosing and despite a scenario display 0 Wyrdstone in its description you still sometimes are awarded Wyrdstone? This is your roll on the "Exploration Table". Wyrdstone Hunter likely increases that roll by +XX%.