How does Wyrdstone Hunter Skill work?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Shuai The Great, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    One of my Warlock upgrade the Wyrdstone Hunter Skill. The description of that skill is Increase likelihood of finding shards, but nothing have happened.

I want to know how the skill works , and if two or more warriors of my wayband have upgraded that skill , will it works multiply ?
  2. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    I'd like to know this too. I have the skill unlocked on three characters on one Warband and It doesn't appear to do much. If anything I notice more random shards on the ground with my Skaven WB who doesn't have this skill at all..
  3. Shuai The Great Private

Message Count:
    Yeah , I have a Necromancer, two warlock, and a vampire, and all of them can learn this skill. So i want to know
  4. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    If it is similar to how the skill works in the table top it impacts the Wyrdstone you are awarded at the end of the battle, during the Exploration Phase, so I would guess that there is some random element that determines the number of additional shards you get after a battle and Wyrdstone Hunter provides a beneficial modifier. In the table top you got a re-roll (not always better in Mordheim) however in this case it may just add to the "roll" hence increasing your chances of a better result.
    Deadhiel likes this.
  5. Auretious Taak Corporal

Message Count:
    Ahh, but the re-roll was nort compulsory and it is always better to have the option to re-roll the dice in the tabletop then not.

The question for warband skirmish is whether the skill is always beneficial or not.
  6. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    Yes it's optional but you have to take the new die, even if it's worse. Sometimes when you roll a 3-4 you really have to think about it. I think that the way things likely work with the coding the Exploration chart for shards found are likely converted into percentile and the skill Wyrdstone Hunter likely just adds +XX% to the 'roll' with better outcomes having higher numbers.
  7. Kendofarfar Private

Message Count:
    I think it seems to add a wyrdstone to the playing area. Random location and you have to pick it up yourself. Never tried having it on more than one character though :)
  8. Cypher Corporal

Message Count:
    It doesn't ad Warpstone to the map (at least I do not think it does) it increases the Wyrdstone you are awarded in the post battle "Exploration" Phase. Ever notice how despite loosing and despite a scenario display 0 Wyrdstone in its description you still sometimes are awarded Wyrdstone? This is your roll on the "Exploration Table". Wyrdstone Hunter likely increases that roll by +XX%.