In game messaging for Tactics

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jon1332, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Jon1332 Private

Message Count:
    This was a topic brought up a while ago when we were talking about friends features but its gone now. Who thinks an in game messaging service would be good? Maybe not instant messaging, but almost an email in box sort of thing, This could lead on to alliances with people and make it a bit more competitive. It would be cool to pick someone off the highscores and send them a message. Just something to talk about?
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    This could be interesting, what does everyone else have to say?
  3. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    I agree completely. No instant messaging... we don't need it ;) but a mailbox (and maybe an alliance system later) could be nice :)
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    An alliance system? As in if people raid you, another person can give you free resources or donate units?
  5. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    just borrowing units could be nice (of course there must be a limit)... for example you can "gain" 1/3 of number of units (if u have 9 slots, u can gain 3 extra ones) for offensive or defensive moments
    You can "decide" in advance how many (and which) units you want to attribuate to "alliance defences"
    you can dispose of them normally but when someone of the alliance is attacked (or is attacking) he can "pick" of the "common pool"
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I can see this whole 'borrowing units' topic turning into a new thread completely as its such a big discussion. I'll open one based on this in a few days :)
  7. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    yeah I've always thought this is something Tactics needs. where your 'intel' is and you get all the settings and customisation of factions a new messaging box there would be cool. Also I think the highscores table needs changing. It's very slow and not very clear on low ranks. i think it should be made 'scrollable' instead of a click to load 10 approach... new topic?
  8. Elvelyn Major

Message Count:
    This sounds cool, but what would happen if the troops you borrow are destroyed?
  9. Dorsai Corporal

Message Count:
    they are gone for good ;)
    OverWatch likes this.
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Interesting topic! I do like the messaging concept a lot though, definitely something I can see on Tactics in the future.
  11. BenjiBands Private

Message Count:
    I agree this would be awesome to have in Tactics
  12. billybob Private

Message Count:
    I think something like this would be cool, what about group chats?