Infinite Melee Attacks

First off, thank you to the development team for their hard work in creating this game. I have poured hours into it and am very pleased with the product overall. Now, let me get to my quere.

While I have been playing, I have encountered two scenarios; one for myself and one for my opponent, that has enabled a character to make a flurry of attacks in melee where I thought the top end was 8 or so with skills and the like. Wierd thing is, it occured as I was facing off 1 v 1 so no Close Combat Master bonus attacks. He just seemed to keep swinging doing 0-2 damage each time.

If anyone has any suggestions as far as what has occured, I would really appreciate some insight. The game in question will be the last game on my account as of 11:42pm EST.

Thanks guys!

I am just going to say that Frenzy is overpowered. Doubling attacks crazy even though it is my favorite "injury" and I am guilty of exploiting it I don't think it is a good idea. Maybe one extra attack from Frenzy is fine but doubling base attacks makes it OP.

The thing is that Frenzy was originally a double-edged sword from Nercomunda. Is was quitea bit different there. It doubled your base attacks but it also made things harder to hit. Necromunda was a more modern game, so everyone had guns. Having the guy with a rocket launcher running off to club people in melee was not a good thing.

Here its quite beneficial because character can live a lot longer so its not impossible to have a character with Frenzy, 3 attacks, an Ostland Greataxe, Armor Training, Sprint, heavy armor, lots of hit points, etc.

Stupid is just purely negative. Frenzy is more useful than not.

I am just going to say that Frenzy is overpowered. Doubling attacks crazy even though it is my favorite "injury" and I am guilty of exploiting it I don't think it is a good idea. Maybe one extra attack from Frenzy is fine but doubling base attacks makes it OP.
It's based on the table top game. It does have the drawback of the fact you MUST charge the nearest enemy.

Sigh. I used to work for GW I know the table top game very very well and it was OP then too. Charging the nearest enemy is almost never a drawback.

Im think you are referring to Ogre mercenaries and the like. I havent actually thought of them yet because they would be so broken the game would collapse.

Imagine a character with 20-30 hit points with 4-5 attacks using an Ostland Greataxe, Fear, 6/12+ movement...and then add Frenzy.

Would be a awesome idea for a boss character.

Not everything in Mordheim table top is flawless since it is based off of an older edition of Warhammer.

I remember when GW officially released Beastmen Warbands. The Beastmen in the old edition had two wounds apiece and were both stronger and faster than men but they had the same gold cost as any other human warrior. The result was Beastmen warbands slaughtered all other warbands since they were near impossible to bring down.

Eventually beastmen were changed in warhammer so they had a base of one wound but in Mordheim they reigned supreme. Sooooooo not every rule in Mordheim is perfect and now is a good time as any to fix problems with the game and balance it out.

Besides this version of Mordheim is already superior to the table top in my opinion.

Im think you are referring to Ogre mercenaries and the like. I havent actually thought of them yet because they would be so broken the game would collapse.

Imagine a character with 20-30 hit points with 4-5 attacks using an Ostland Greataxe, Fear, 6/12+ movement...and then add Frenzy.

Would be a awesome idea for a boss character.
I was more referring to a frenzy person charging them and getting his butt whopped :p

I never saw that version. I remember Beastmen way back in what, 5th edition late 90s, were supposed to have 2 wounds but I only ever had 1 army book then, Dogs of War(really miss those Pikes).

Beastmen in the Cult of the Possessed Warband have higher cost than regular human but are still Toughness 4 and 2 wounds. They are elite soldiers.

The actual Beastmen raiders are all only 1 wound, except for the Minotaur.

I was more referring to a frenzy person charging them and getting his butt whopped :p
I know but you connect "big guys" with "frenzy" so I had to roll with that setup.

The madcap Mushroom consumable can actually give you a one-use of Frenzy.