Internet Explorer Severe Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Connor, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Connor Private

Message Count:
    Hi, this severe bugs happens when logging in using internet explorer. The bug does fix when using another browser (chrome in my case). Just reporting incase there were plans to optimise the game with internet explorer.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/200f9xy.jpg

Cheers,
    Connor Orton
  2. Kyle Thompson Private

Message Count:
    Let me guess... the page keeps refreshing, right? I let the intro movie play and also skip, then afterwards, it justs refreshes and plays again.
  3. Oliver Beales Private

Message Count:
    Aye ive heard this happen a lot from people with the internet explorer bug, i know the enhanced 3d mode of the game isnt really something internet explorer can handle at the minute, but is there any plans to fix the game so at least people can play through the game in normal mode?
  4. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    This is actually the first time we've seen this issue reported!

IE can't play the enhanced 3D version, but we were unaware people were having issues with the normal isometric version too.

So obviously this is a serious bug, and if it was reported before we must have missed it. Thanks for reporting it now and we will sort it out asap.
  5. Gavin Rummery
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Just to check, what operating system and browser version did this bug occur with?
  6. Connor Private

Message Count:
    Hi, Windows 7 and internet explorer version 10.0.9200.16660 - Cheers
  7. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    To the OP, what exactly happened? Are you getting what Oliver and Kyle are describing?
  8. Connor Private

Message Count:
    Yes it's the refreshing page bug, I did upload a picture when posting but it hasn't seemed to upload, don't know why. I've edited my original post with a link to a picture explanation.

Cheers
  9. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    Ah ok, a bit clearer now. If you can still reproduce it, could you enable the developer console in IE (hit F12) and screengrab any errors?
  10. Connor Private

Message Count:
    Hi, this might be of help: year 0 script.png