Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Game kNight, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Game kNight Private

Message Count:
    Hello buddies,

What a great announcement from Legendary Games - it warms my heart to see Mordheim getting so much attention. I feel that it would be nice with a thread where people could introduce themselves and maybe communicate their motivation for wanting to join the testing phase. I'll begin with myself:

My name is Tobias and I live in Denmark. Back in 1998 I applied for a job at the only Games Workshop shop in Denmark in Copenhagen (I lived 400 kilometers away) as it was the only job I could see myself in. I was 18 at the time. After 3 interviews and ahead of 60 other applicants I managed to secure a position in the playground store. I worked for Games Workshop for 3 years and were up for the position as manager for the store, but were set aside for another who had larger arm-movements than me.

I still have my love for Games Workshop and the games they have produced. I was there in the early days of Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Gorkamorka - and lots more along side of Warhammer 40k and Fantasy. I've collected and painted miniatures for the most of my life since I were 6 years old, but I can no longer find the time to paint and play on a regular basic.

Now I'm 36 and I have a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a house and a car. I'm almost done with my education to socialworker. Some may know my from my YouTube channel, Game kNight where I have been covering the PC rendition of Mordheim: City of the Damned for the better part of a year now. I really enjoy sharing my gaming experiences with my viewers and often involve them in the games progression.

Playing games like this on the PC or phone is amazing for me as it doesn't involve painting and setting up. I do paint a bit with some roleplaying friends from time to time still.

I feel I would be able to provide ideas and thoughts for the game if I get my hands on the game for testing.
    OverWatch likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Welcome Game kNight! Pleasure to meet you and great to have you on board. I myself have looked at your YouTube channel before, which is where I found you initially and I can tell you're a big fan of Mordheim which is awesome. As of yet we're going to have our hands full with the Warhammer Age of Sigmar open day this weekend but when we get round to looking at applicants for testing someone of your stature would definitely be an ideal candidate! So I'm sure we'll be in touch fairly soon. Until then have fun on the Forums and I hope to hear from you again!
  3. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    I thought I better introduce myself here. I’m Ewan and I’ve been doing a lot of the design work for the game though I see it as largely “translation” as we try and make the game feel like a really good long running table top campaign all be it with thousands of friends rather than half a dozen. Feel free to ask anything and we will try and answer and I hope to meet most of you virtually on the field of battle.
    Game kNight and OverWatch like this.
  4. Brascus Corporal

Message Count:
    Well this certainly sounds awesome to me. I'm Nick a.k.a Brascus on YouTube. Like GamekNight I'm a big fan of Mordheim, though I've only been able to play it in the last couple years thanks to its emergence on digital platforms.

The thought of playing Mordheim on a mobile platform while I'm out and about is extremely appealing, and I hope I can provide input and assistance during development.

Plus as a bonus, it may give me the opportunity to actually win a multiplayer match against GamekNight. ;-)
    OverWatch likes this.
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Hey Nick! Glad you like the idea of Mordheim arriving to mobile devices, and it's great to see another fan of the game. So welcome my friend.

I've actually just looked at your YouTube channel and watched a few of your videos, cool stuff! Keep up the good work. I see you like playing as Scaven... You'll be happy to know we're bringing Scaven to Mordheim: Warband Skirmish, so you'll have the opportunity to cause some havoc again with those pesky rats ;).

I think you'd make a great tester, just like Tobias! We're looking for people that love the IP, want to get involved in shaping the game and feel like they could bring some intuitive ideas to the table. So I'm sure I'll be in touch shortly. Until then, if you have any questions feel free to ask away and feel free to take a look around the Forums and post at your leisure!
  6. Spirant_Frame Private

Message Count:
    This is awesome! A big thanks to Game kNight for referring this company to myself and others.

My name is Michael Lovelace, aka Spirant Frame on YT and Twitch. I am 29 years old living in North Carolina in the USA. Like Game kNight and others from the YT community I am a big fan of Mordheim, though like Brascus I've only been able to dive deeper into it since the release on a digital platform. I have a long history of table top gaming thanks to support from my father and his friends who first got me into D&D in 1989. After that I started leading a group of friends since elementary school, and on through my college years. (Those kids in stranger things, totally us)

The ability to play in these settings digitally has been a huge boon to maintaining an Adult life, though I do miss painting miniatures and making terrain pieces. I live as a self employed Blacksmith and general "Maker of Things" while supplementing with a second job to pay for a house so I can do some terrain sculpting on the real life scale.

I am excited for the upcoming release of Mordheim on the mobile platform because then it becomes so much easier to get new players introduced to it. Sharing is caring after all.
    OverWatch likes this.
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Very nice to meet you Michael, and glad to have you in our community! You have an interesting background like the rest of GamekNight's friends, and that's awesome as we're really looking for people that are fans of Mordheim and that could contribute in a great way. Your experience being a Blacksmith might even bring out some fresh ideas on what we could include in the game, so I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you! :)

I imagine you've probably played your fair share of City of the damned, and like City of the damned we'll be featuring quite a lot of Warbands into our adaptation of Games Workshops Mordheim. With that being said, what's your favourite Warband to use and what Warband would you love to play as in our game Mordheim: Warband Skirmish?

Feel free to explore the Forums and post anywhere you like. As I've said to Nick, we'll probably be in touch relatively soon to talk more about Testing opportunities as I feel you'd definitely be a suitable candidate!
  8. Mortz82 Private

Message Count:
    Kudos to Gameknight for making me aware of this :)

My name is Jan Morten and ive been a Warhammer fan since i first lay my hands on the first Gotten and Felix Omnibus, from there ive been diving into WH40k and basicly anything Warhammer Related, i work on a Platform Supply Vessel so this means i am out of contact with "proper" internet for 4 weeks at a time. I have not been able to play much tabletop Warhammer games but ive been playing digital games ever since Shadow of the Horned rat showed itself on the PS1 and have tryed most thats been released ever since :)

My all time favorite races in the Warhammer universe is without a doubt the underfolk (commonly known as skaven)

Murder-kill all man-things!
    OverWatch likes this.
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Very nice to meet you Jan! We're so glad that Tobias has made his friends aware of us and Mordheim: Warband Skirmish. As I've said before we're looking for fans of Mordheim / Warhammer to join us, help contribute towards the development of the game and just have fun sharing ideas with the rest of the community.

Interesting to know how you first got started with Games Workshop stuff, I got into it all quite late actually! It was my older brother who first introduced me to Warhammer 40k through the mountain of models he owned. At the time I wasn't even aware that Games Workshop related video games existed... But when I was introduced to games like Dawn of War a lot of time seemed to "vanish". Like you I think Skaven are absolutely fantastic! But I'm torn between the Cult Of The Possessed and Skaven for my all time favourite... They're both really wacky which is what I love about them.
  10. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Sup, folks! I know I know some of you, but greetings to those I don't! Looking forward to seeing how this develops, and also getting a chance to break it a few times between now and then! ;)

I'm 'morjax' on YouTube as well, and in addition to playing a decent bit of the Mordheim: City of the Damned PC port (in part within the Mordheim YouTube League with Brascus, GamekNight, SmartTrigger, Muuk, Darin, Lum and DavidIsTrying), I am also a player and longtime fan of the tabletop. I used to stay up late with a flashlight under my covers reading the rulebook, and pouring over all the excellent pictures, flavor, and warbands (not to mention dreaming up what skills I wanted to grab next)!

Ever since I played the tabletop, I have always thought it would make an excellent PC game, if implemented right (android/iOS didn't exist back then ;). I have gotten a ton of mileage from CotD, and look forward to what goes on here!
    ScubaSteve05 likes this.
  11. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Hey Morjax, and welcome to the community. I was actually going to contact you after watching one of your YouTube videos on Cotd, so I'm glad you followed us on social media so I could drop you a message about our game ;).

You'll definitely have some interesting things to bring having played the tabletop. Like I've mentioned in another thread we're trying to keep it as true to the tabletop as possible, so if you have any feedback for us on that front feel free to let us know! You've already provided some great feedback for us so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    ScubaSteve05 likes this.
  12. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Yessir, more to come. If I get too nostalgic on you, just let me know :D
    ScubaSteve05 and OverWatch like this.
  13. Game kNight Private

Message Count:
    So great to see the buddies showing up to support this game! :)
    OverWatch and Brascus like this.
  14. Big Muuk Corporal

Message Count:
    Howdy folks! Big Muuk here! I hope I'm not too late to the party! I run a small YouTube channel featuring Mordheim Guides and Gameplay. I am at the upper end of the age range for your average gamer, but that only means I am more experienced. ;) I've got the whole wife, four kids and a job thing going right now, so my days of binge gaming are in the past.

Game kNight tipped me off that y'all are making Mordheim portable.... That would be absolutely ideal for me. I spend a lot of time by myself with just a cell phone for entertainment. I played Mordheim on the tabletop when it first came out. I still have the box! While I never got to work in any of the game shops, I spent enough time there that I was often confused for an employee. I've since moved to a smaller community and the closest game shop for me to play or meet players at is a three hour drive away. If I were able to play on my phone during my down time.....

Anyway, I am not quite up to speed with what y'all have planned for the game or what all y'all have included so far. I'll get caught up and help in any way I can. I look forward to playing my Mordheim YouTube League buddies and crushing them under my boot while laughing maniacally!

Or losing and crying myself to sleep. =)
    ScubaSteve05, OverWatch and Brascus like this.
  15. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Howdy Big Muuk! Pleasure to meet you. Not too late, we're still looking to invite players in to test out Mordheim: Warband Skirmish so if this is something you'd be interested in... Just let me know!

I sadly haven't had the chance to play the tabletop personally :( as like I've previously said I'm relatively new to the Games Workshop scene. Glad to know that we'd be bringing something out that would be beneficial to yourself, having Mordheim portable is definitely something that we believe a lot of people will love! Especially for some one like yourself that doesn't have X amount of hours in the day to play games... You can just come back to the game whenever you want.

Well, so far we think we've made great progress on the game! And the outcome from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar open day we attended (which is where the public first got there hands on the game) was completely overwhelming, we really wasn't expecting the great response that we got.

Any way, hope you enjoy the game Big Muuk! You've got a few challengers, so good luck.
    ScubaSteve05 likes this.
  16. TorNis Private

Message Count:
    Hello everyone.
    I am TorNis, and I represent TorNis Entertainment from Twitch

I am full-time broadcaster that streams hardcore games, doing challenges, and #BreakingGames (finding AI exploits, bugs, abuses, destroying games on hardest setting, testing games for quality etc)

I found out about Mordheim universe through my father(he is basically same as me when it comes to gaming), he was playing Mordheim: City of the Damned for months already, and since I like strategy/turn-based games, like X-COM and I have multiple awards on Twitch for that section, I decided to give it a go and oh boy, I got consumed by it.

Streaming it now non-stop for several weeks (rip other games that I was planning T_T), now with #DeadlyChallenge by Game kNight.

Then I found out tweet by Legendary Games about this mobile adaptation announcement. So here I am c:
    (tfw when Legendary Games twitter were already following you but you never followed back, until now :p)
    ScubaSteve05, Game kNight and morjax like this.
  17. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Welcome aboard TorNis! My name's Edward ("PennaDSGN" on social media). I run the community side of things here at Legendary Games, as well as help out with Graphic Design work. For example I created the logo for the game, I also designed certain aspects of the UI and hope to get more involved as time goes on...

Hopefully our game consumes you as much as City Of The Damned has ;). I'm fairly certain we're all fans of strategy / turn-based games here in the office... I myself am a huge fan of X-COM and have put a lot of hours into X-COM 2 that's for sure.

So has streaming became a full time job for you? (If yes, that's awesome. Well done!) I'm glad you've mentioned the fact that you play games to try and "break" them. Part of the reason we're looking for testers is to eliminate any bugs we can, and locate them as fast as possible as well. So with that being said I think you'd be perfect for Testing! If this is something you're interested in... Just let me know and I'll drop you a message covering more details.

Don't hesitate to share your ideas with the rest of the community, and most importantly... Have fun!
  18. daggermaw Private

Message Count:
    Hey there, I'm daggermaw. I'd say I heavily represent the table top Mordheim gamers. I picked up Mordheim TT from a GW in Greenwich village the day it was released back in 1999. Since then I've probably played over 20 different campaigns with a variety of players. All the way from small 3 warband campaigns to large 20+ warband league style campaigns. For a short time I even worked at a GW in NJ in 2007 where I reinvigorated a campaign there.

The table top is probably my favorite game ever, flaws and all. I've played and completed City of the Damned, and while I enjoy it, and think it's a good game I think it's just enough of a departure from the TT to be a different game. It's good, but not quite the Mordheim I love.

I'm super pumped for this iteration as it sounds like you guys are hoping to make it more grounded in the TT. Either way, I'm never going to complain about any new mordheim games.

I think the fact that new games are coming out 17 years after the initial release and probably 10 years since it lost official support speaks volumes of the concept and background of Mordheim.

Very excited.
  19. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Daggermaw, I like your style! :D
    ScubaSteve05 and Game kNight like this.
  20. NebuHSV Private

Message Count:
    Hi, my name is Sven and i live in the very north of Germany. I'm 35 and a huge fan of fantasy games since i've played Hero Quest and Claymore Saga as a kid. I've been playing various fantasy and TT games like Warhammer, 40k, Demonworld and more, but Mordheim was my favourite since the release. I was part of a WWFRPG- group for a while, too. Unfortunedly I had just one friend who shared my hobby so i spend many hours in my room going through the fluff and theory.
    Since i have a wife and three younger children time is my most valuable resource. I represent the typ of player that has short amounts of time <30min, several times a day. I'll give you an example. I really like the shadowrun games of harebrained. While i've played through the first two games (SR returns and Dragonfall) in few weeks on my mobile i've bought the third one (Hong Kong) on release date Jan 2015 and am not even close to finish it until now because it is PC only.
    I can not spend hours and hours straight testing a game and going through the deeps of a forum. What i can do is playing the game several short periodes a day.
    And while i read the forum regularly it took me 2 days to write this post because it is so long. Feedback and shorter post of course are no problem.

My human charakters of WFRPG all were from Talabheim, one of the most underrated regions of the warhammer world imho ;)
    ScubaSteve05 and Game kNight like this.