Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Game kNight, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    Welcome! I too am all for earning fate coins.
    Your warband rating determines your opponents. However they will be in a range so you'll have some tough battles ahead.
    One of them will die. Get your head around that and plan as best you can, it's one of the Grim Truths of life in the City of the Damned. Alongside that remember: it's ok to take a profitable loss, keep to the shadows and never underestimate two pistols to he face.

EDIT: and your fate-bought guys will stay until they die or you find someone better.
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  2. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Truth there.
  3. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Actually not a bad idea for the cheapskates amongst us, maybe have a mission ranking system that allows a very slow and small accumulation of spare fate points, just to cover those really nasty situations that could leave the warband totally screwed. Admitting I'm a cheapskate, by the way, tho I have bought fate for those types of situations, and to try out the other costed options. At least, it's not too expensive.
    Buggritt likes this.
  4. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    I pride myself on my budget gaming. I played league of legends for five years and only bought a champion and skin because it was for charity. For me to buy an iOS game is almost unheared of and I've almost never bought extra stuff for one until I hit Mordheim. I firmly believe that game devs deserve some of my cash if they make a game the grasps me though and I've already decided that I will be buying the Witch Hunters. This is a game that I am more than happy to support.
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  5. 10 Snake Gathering Private

Message Count:
    Personally I'd rather have the fate points to hire the hired swords over their healing capabilities now that I think of it. Maybe make hired Swords purchasable with gold, or make fate points purchasable with gold.
  6. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    We're getting off intro-topic but please open a new thread in 'suggestions' about this if there isn't one already
    Overwatch and TheWizardWatley like this.
  7. Jeff Private

Message Count:
    Hello gang. I've played tabletops for 20 odd years including the old Mordheim. I am really stoked about this rendition and have already pumped monies into it. You'll find me captaining the Gristmantle Company, based on my tabletop warband, and the shifty Tilean Mercantile Combine. If you encounter them as AI, please be nice to them. They're truely good lads.
  8. Jawajambalya Private

Message Count:
    Hi everybody! Im ryan (aka Jawajambalaya) 29 from seattle Washington U.S. wife and kids the whole shabang i work nights so cant play often as i like but i try. I got into 40k in th early 2000s never played much (finance situation) but my old roommate had a tau army he lent me on occasion been hooked ever since. Ive kept my warband (blackpit kravenpaw) since the beginning rated 17 somthing very happy with almost all original characters! Check us out let me know how my skaven fair against your umies!
    morjax and Ewan Lamont like this.
  9. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
  10. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    Welcome to the streets of the damned!!
  11. Captain Thorrek Private

Message Count:
    Heya guys, I'm Captain Thorrek. I've been gaming for around thirty years now, but my first true foray into GW games proper beffan with 3rd Edition Blood Bowl back in '94. Since then I've done Warhammer Fantasy Battle, the PC versions of Blood Bowl and Mordheim, and am now enjoying this version of Mordheim, and working on my Space Marine Ork Chapter. As you can tell from my Blood Bowl start, I gravitate towards the hobby's wackier side.
  12. Jawajambalya Private

Message Count:
    Finally the top 200
    Captain Thorrek likes this.
  13. 2mBrick Private

Message Count:
    Hello all,

I feel like a something of a newcomer - I started playing Warhammer Fantasy in June 2014, so I got to play it for about a year until they End Timesed it, at which point I played Age of Sigmar for about a year until I didn't have any free time for modelling and playing/got sick of it. Most recently, I've been enjoying Blood Bowl.

I've heard of Mordheim, but obviously I was very much late to the party. When I heard about this game I was quite excited. I've been playing on-and-off since last August. At the moment I mostly play Undead, but I've toyed all of them except Middenheim. I'm not very good (partly due to lack of strategy, partly due to reasons described below), but I try my best.

The final thing of note about me is that I'm almost (but not quite) completely blind. Yup. Let that sink in. I have enough residual vision to play the game, but I have very serious tunnel vision so I can barely see the whole phone screen. So yeah.

I look forward to discussing this game with you guys,
    -2mBrick
    Buggritt and Amaan Shawkath like this.
  14. Fabio Calderon Private

Message Count:
    Hello all. I knew about GW because of videogames and about Mordheim from MCotD on which i spent almost 1000 hours, and I have read most of the rulebooks as I find the stories and fluf very enjoyable.
    I got this game from the Android release day and have been playing casually with some off months, I have purchased every band to support the game but I have played mostly Skaven and Reikladers, the game has progressed a lot and I'm really enjoying it a waiting for all the other bands specially Sisters and hopefully Dwarves treasure hunters.
    Many thanks to the developers.
    Ewan Lamont and Amaan Shawkath like this.
  15. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    Many thanks for keeping the faith Fabio, we will try not to let you down. :)
  16. Keovar Corporal

Message Count:
    Hey all, I'm Keovar, though you probably won't see that name on any warbands. I don't have a lot of experience with GW, outside of the boardgames Warhammer Quest and Talisman. I may still have a copy of the Warhammer FRPG book from years ago, but I haven't had the pleasure of actually getting to play it. I played a bit of the Dark Omen computer game too, though it's been well over a decade. Anyway, I don't have a lot of the background familiarity with the various stats, but I'm puzzling it out as I go and enjoying the vs. AI skirmishes.
    Is there a guide somewhere, for referencing what the ranges of stats are, which units can use which equipment, etc? I've tried an Undead band over the last couple days and while the store sold me a dire wolf, there didn't seem to be anything in the description telling me why I couldn't use it. I haven't found any clear documentation, but I'm guessing the wolves can only be used by vampires. Then, when a vampire finally showed up in the crypt, I didn't have any way to tell if his stats were good enough to spend fate on.

So I left my undead on hold and decided to try another human, trying to keep things more simple. He's doing much better, so I guess I must be learning, but it would still be great to have a guide to reference when new questions inevitably arise.

Thanks!
    — Keovar
    Ewan Lamont likes this.
  17. FlaminGallahs2089 Corporal

Message Count:
    Yep I am probably the newest to this (about a month ago i learnt what the druki are).
    Only really got into warhammer a year or two ago because I love the stradegy games and total wars adaption was amazing.
    But since i lack a gaming PC i have been looking for an adaption ever since.
    This seems to have quenched that thirst, so I am pretty damn addicted atm.
    Though I still lack alot of knowledge in lore and stradegy.
    Ewan Lamont likes this.
  18. Wizard9er Corporal

Message Count:
    Greetings Wizards, Psykers, Chaos Sorcerers, Witches, Witch Hunters, Dwarfs, Elves, Humans, Greenskins, and Deadites

Did I miss any one? Good, I love all things Warhammer.

You might see my Warband roaming around, we are the Reikland Clergymen.
  19. Deadhiel Corporal

Message Count:
    Howdy Folks o/ Bruce here a.k.a Deadhiel. Long time Warhammer TT player, lover of Mordheim, Necromunda and Bloodbowl.

Played ton's of MCotD so I'm pumped to see Mordheim Skirmish on ios :) Warbands currently are Clan StabStabStab, The Blackguard & The Grateful Dead *grins sheepishly*

Love the game! Well done dev! Look forward to fighting you one and all.
    Ewan Lamont likes this.
  20. Arnold Private

Message Count:
    Hey there,
    I´m Arno from the north of germany. I´m quite familiar with the warhammer fantasy world, own an old skaven and darkelf army and played both the fantasy roleplay 1 and 2 edition. My favorite from warhammer always was Mortheim, which i played for nearly 5 years and had warbands of mercanaries, skaven, dwarfs, beastmen, undead, posessed, witch hunters and some self developed warbands.
    I played the computer game Mortheim, city of the damned a real long time (i think 1500 hours) and now, i play your game for nearly a year, perhaps 1 games a day. My first ernest warband were the reiklaenders Merrymen, than i started a skaven warband, and soon after a second skaven warband, Ratten im Gemäuer. After failing with the undead i now play my second skaven again, pushing them to the 6000 Points.
    Great game, great job, i like it very much ...
    Auretious Taak and Ewan Lamont like this.