Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Game kNight, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Mendeleev Private

Message Count:
    Hello there !

I'm Benjamin from Belgium, or Mr. Mendeleev on Youtube. I have a tiny channel where I basically play some warhammer games. I grew up with the warhammer and was involved in the community like crazy. I let game workshop behind me because I'm a old school fan and... you now, age of sigmar made me sickˆˆ

But I'm soooo happy to see a project like this rising ! I never stop to play mordheim with my friens so we will spend hours on your game for sure.

I'm also starting to learn game development (I started my first game on Unreal Engine 4), more for my pleasure than for a buisness perspective, but I have some basic skills in graphics (I worked in post production for movies).

I'm so hype for this game and would be honored to join the testing crew !
    Game kNight likes this.
  2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Hey Daggermaw and welcome to the community... Really awesome that you found us and are interested in our adaptation of the table top. Seems like you've got a vast amount of Mordheim knowledge, which could really help us out. If you're interested in testing out the game (like a lot of these guys are currently doing) then let me know and I'll drop you a message covering some details. Other then that, hope you enjoy your time on the forums and feel free to contribute wherever you feel you can!
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Nice to meet you Sven! Feel free to have a look through the Forums when you get time and join in the discussions... Would be interesting to see what sort of ideas you could bring to the table. At the moment we're only looking for those that'll have enough time to give us consistent feedback and play the latest builds we release, so if you feel like you'd be able to do that just let us know and we'll see if you'd be an ideal candidate for testing! Have fun and hope to hear from you soon.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Hey Benjamin, welcome aboard! Cool to see another YouTuber in our midst, there's a few of you here now ;). If you're just starting off in game development it may be worth you looking at Unity. Unity is a great engine, and on their website they even have some really useful tutorials which might be able to help you out. If you want to part of the testing crew make sure you participate in any of the ongoing discussions that interest you, and be active! We're looking for those that would be able to actively contribute towards the development of the game... This means joining in on the discussions, leaving us feedback and IF you get selected for testing pointing out any bugs that you may encounter whilst playing.
  5. Azul Private

Message Count:
    Hi all,

just found out today about "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" development and I'm very excited about the possibilities of this app based game. I play online/offline pc, and many app games, however have a very strong love for the brutal mortheim world. As a huge fan of the mordheim table top (Beastmen and Pitfighters my fav Warband) and the City of the dammed online (I'm playing in a 16 player Mordheim league at the moment and having loads of fun) I have always been a huge fan of this sort of fantasy universe since playing my first table top fantasy army battles with friends/gaming groups back in the day.

I look forward to hearing about updates from the derv's and ideas from the community, and welcome any opportunity to help if I can.

Cheers :)

Azul
    OverWatch likes this.
  6. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Great to have you on-board Azul! Just out of curiosity how did you hear about us? Would be great for us to know :D. 16 player Mordheim league definitely sounds like a blast, even though I probably wouldn't last two minutes! It's awesome to see we have another fan of Mordheim here any ways.

We do currently have testing opportunities for those that really want to help out and will have enough time to point out any bugs / leave us feedback. So if you feel like you can help out that way, let me know and I'll drop you a message covering more details. In the mean time stay active, and post to wherever tickles your fancy!
  7. Azul Private

Message Count:
    Thank you very much, and yes I'd really like to help out with the testing :)
    OverWatch likes this.
  8. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Glad to hear! I'll be in touch ASAP and will discuss what we'll need from you.
  9. Gamescroller Private

Message Count:
    Hello fellow gamers!

My name is Adam and I'm a freelance gaming journalist that runs Gamescroller.

Gamescroller is a site dedicated to showcasing Indie Developed games much like the upcoming Mordheim game!

Anyway enough shameless advertising, what about me?

Well I'm a gamer about to hit 30 soon and I primarily play PC games via steam. Favouriate genres are Adventure/RPG, Card games, strategy and occasionally Action and FPS.

My poision right now is Rocket League and I've clocked up 600+ hours so far (I have a problem) and love the challenge!

I'm massively looking forward to this game by Legendary as an ex-Games Workshop player myself. All the best for the future and I hope to get the chance to play :).

See you in-game!
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

Welcome Sir! We've spoke over Twitter on many occasions so I'm very familiar with what you do and who you're, but thanks for introducing yourself to the rest of the community. We have a lively bunch here!

Like you, I've also racked up a fair amount of hours on Rocket League. I love Basketball... I've reigned myself the Rocket League B-Ball King ;).

If you're interested in testing out the game still, just drop me a message and I'll get you set up as soon as. Apart from all of that, enjoy your stay and feel free to post wherever you like!
  11. Diknek Private

Message Count:
    Thank you for doing this project guys! I have been waiting for a close to table top mordheim phone game for a while. It's honestly the perfect game to do this with!

I've been playing Warhammer and Mordheim since I was a young lad who stumbled across some sweet fantasy miniatures at at a garage sale. Found out what they were and have been hooked ever since! I started playing video games back on MS DOS and had to activate doom with a command prompt! My condition grew considerably worse when I began locking up the phone lines with my dial up connection to crush newbs in warcraft 2 and diablo 1. Anyway enough about me on with development!
    OverWatch likes this.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Welcome Diknek!

Really glad you're looking forward to playing our adaptation of Mordheim, hopefully it meets your expectations!

You've been gaming for quite a while now then (before I was even born in fact), I missed out on a lot of gaming classics unfortunately... But I do want to re-visit them at some point that's for sure. I'm pretty sure the first game I ever properly played was Jade Cocoon on the PlayStation. Just out of curiosity, where was it that you found out about Mordeim: Warband Skirmish?

Just as a side note too if you're interested in becoming a Tester, just let me know... And I'll run through some of the details we'll need from yourself in order to get you set up. Hope you have fun on the Forums, feel free to take a look around and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
  13. Diknek Private

Message Count:

I believe I found out about it through Morjax' channel. So thanks Morjax! I would love to be a tester!
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  14. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Good ol' Morjax ;) I'll be in touch shortly about testing!
    Diknek and morjax like this.
  15. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

You are most welcome, good Ser! :D

Classic morjax, amirite?
    Diknek and OverWatch like this.
  16. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    You da man. :cool:
    Diknek likes this.
  17. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Well, I'm a man at least. Or perhaps a man-child, at a bare minimum!
    Diknek and OverWatch like this.
  18. Primoris Private

Message Count:
    Hey Guys, I'm Ben.

I love Warhammer and Mordheim, and when I played the game at the Age of Sigmar open day I was hooked... I literally couldn't stay away from the stand and just had to keep on playing! I'll be using my Iphone for testing, can't wait to get playing it!
  19. Steve Gibbs Private

Message Count:
    Greetings and salutations.

I'm Steve, aka grafixgibbs. I haven't played Mordhiem in a while but played it lots when it first hit the table top. I was an Outrider and ran tournaments, leagues and helped to write rules for the Town Cryer back in the day (helped with Lustria setting and Kehmri).

Looking forward to playing on my iPad.
    OverWatch likes this.
  20. Yeovil Private

Message Count:
    Hey all you desperate men and women of Mordheim!, I played the demo at the AoS Open Day and loved the game!, I have been playing the table top original game since 1999, still play on a almost weekly basis so I'm really looking forward to playing this one on Android devices!, hopefully including Android TV :D

Let's capture loads of wyrdstone!