Introduce yourself

Mendeleev

Private
Hello there !

I'm Benjamin from Belgium, or Mr. Mendeleev on Youtube. I have a tiny channel where I basically play some warhammer games. I grew up with the warhammer and was involved in the community like crazy. I let game workshop behind me because I'm a old school fan and... you now, age of sigmar made me sickˆˆ

But I'm soooo happy to see a project like this rising ! I never stop to play mordheim with my friens so we will spend hours on your game for sure.

I'm also starting to learn game development (I started my first game on Unreal Engine 4), more for my pleasure than for a buisness perspective, but I have some basic skills in graphics (I worked in post production for movies).

I'm so hype for this game and would be honored to join the testing crew !

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hey there, I'm daggermaw. I'd say I heavily represent the table top Mordheim gamers. I picked up Mordheim TT from a GW in Greenwich village the day it was released back in 1999. Since then I've probably played over 20 different campaigns with a variety of players. All the way from small 3 warband campaigns to large 20+ warband league style campaigns. For a short time I even worked at a GW in NJ in 2007 where I reinvigorated a campaign there.

The table top is probably my favorite game ever, flaws and all. I've played and completed City of the Damned, and while I enjoy it, and think it's a good game I think it's just enough of a departure from the TT to be a different game. It's good, but not quite the Mordheim I love.

I'm super pumped for this iteration as it sounds like you guys are hoping to make it more grounded in the TT. Either way, I'm never going to complain about any new mordheim games.

I think the fact that new games are coming out 17 years after the initial release and probably 10 years since it lost official support speaks volumes of the concept and background of Mordheim.

Very excited.

Hey Daggermaw and welcome to the community... Really awesome that you found us and are interested in our adaptation of the table top. Seems like you've got a vast amount of Mordheim knowledge, which could really help us out. If you're interested in testing out the game (like a lot of these guys are currently doing) then let me know and I'll drop you a message covering some details. Other then that, hope you enjoy your time on the forums and feel free to contribute wherever you feel you can!

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi, my name is Sven and i live in the very north of Germany. I'm 35 and a huge fan of fantasy games since i've played Hero Quest and Claymore Saga as a kid. I've been playing various fantasy and TT games like Warhammer, 40k, Demonworld and more, but Mordheim was my favourite since the release. I was part of a WWFRPG- group for a while, too. Unfortunedly I had just one friend who shared my hobby so i spend many hours in my room going through the fluff and theory.
Since i have a wife and three younger children time is my most valuable resource. I represent the typ of player that has short amounts of time <30min, several times a day. I'll give you an example. I really like the shadowrun games of harebrained. While i've played through the first two games (SR returns and Dragonfall) in few weeks on my mobile i've bought the third one (Hong Kong) on release date Jan 2015 and am not even close to finish it until now because it is PC only.
I can not spend hours and hours straight testing a game and going through the deeps of a forum. What i can do is playing the game several short periodes a day.
And while i read the forum regularly it took me 2 days to write this post because it is so long. Feedback and shorter post of course are no problem.

My human charakters of WFRPG all were from Talabheim, one of the most underrated regions of the warhammer world imho ;)

Nice to meet you Sven! Feel free to have a look through the Forums when you get time and join in the discussions... Would be interesting to see what sort of ideas you could bring to the table. At the moment we're only looking for those that'll have enough time to give us consistent feedback and play the latest builds we release, so if you feel like you'd be able to do that just let us know and we'll see if you'd be an ideal candidate for testing! Have fun and hope to hear from you soon.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello there !

I'm Benjamin from Belgium, or Mr. Mendeleev on Youtube. I have a tiny channel where I basically play some warhammer games. I grew up with the warhammer and was involved in the community like crazy. I let game workshop behind me because I'm a old school fan and... you now, age of sigmar made me sickˆˆ

But I'm soooo happy to see a project like this rising ! I never stop to play mordheim with my friens so we will spend hours on your game for sure.

I'm also starting to learn game development (I started my first game on Unreal Engine 4), more for my pleasure than for a buisness perspective, but I have some basic skills in graphics (I worked in post production for movies).

I'm so hype for this game and would be honored to join the testing crew !

Hey Benjamin, welcome aboard! Cool to see another YouTuber in our midst, there's a few of you here now ;). If you're just starting off in game development it may be worth you looking at Unity. Unity is a great engine, and on their website they even have some really useful tutorials which might be able to help you out. If you want to part of the testing crew make sure you participate in any of the ongoing discussions that interest you, and be active! We're looking for those that would be able to actively contribute towards the development of the game... This means joining in on the discussions, leaving us feedback and IF you get selected for testing pointing out any bugs that you may encounter whilst playing.

Azul

Private
Hi all,

just found out today about "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" development and I'm very excited about the possibilities of this app based game. I play online/offline pc, and many app games, however have a very strong love for the brutal mortheim world. As a huge fan of the mordheim table top (Beastmen and Pitfighters my fav Warband) and the City of the dammed online (I'm playing in a 16 player Mordheim league at the moment and having loads of fun) I have always been a huge fan of this sort of fantasy universe since playing my first table top fantasy army battles with friends/gaming groups back in the day.

I look forward to hearing about updates from the derv's and ideas from the community, and welcome any opportunity to help if I can.

Cheers :)

Azul

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi all,

just found out today about "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" development and I'm very excited about the possibilities of this app based game. I play online/offline pc, and many app games, however have a very strong love for the brutal mortheim world. As a huge fan of the mordheim table top (Beastmen and Pitfighters my fav Warband) and the City of the dammed online (I'm playing in a 16 player Mordheim league at the moment and having loads of fun) I have always been a huge fan of this sort of fantasy universe since playing my first table top fantasy army battles with friends/gaming groups back in the day.

I look forward to hearing about updates from the derv's and ideas from the community, and welcome any opportunity to help if I can.

Cheers :)

Azul

Great to have you on-board Azul! Just out of curiosity how did you hear about us? Would be great for us to know :D. 16 player Mordheim league definitely sounds like a blast, even though I probably wouldn't last two minutes! It's awesome to see we have another fan of Mordheim here any ways.

We do currently have testing opportunities for those that really want to help out and will have enough time to point out any bugs / leave us feedback. So if you feel like you can help out that way, let me know and I'll drop you a message covering more details. In the mean time stay active, and post to wherever tickles your fancy!

Gamescroller

Private
Hello fellow gamers!

My name is Adam and I'm a freelance gaming journalist that runs Gamescroller.

Gamescroller is a site dedicated to showcasing Indie Developed games much like the upcoming Mordheim game!

Anyway enough shameless advertising, what about me?

Well I'm a gamer about to hit 30 soon and I primarily play PC games via steam. Favouriate genres are Adventure/RPG, Card games, strategy and occasionally Action and FPS.

My poision right now is Rocket League and I've clocked up 600+ hours so far (I have a problem) and love the challenge!

I'm massively looking forward to this game by Legendary as an ex-Games Workshop player myself. All the best for the future and I hope to get the chance to play :).

See you in-game!

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello fellow gamers!

My name is Adam and I'm a freelance gaming journalist that runs Gamescroller.

Gamescroller is a site dedicated to showcasing Indie Developed games much like the upcoming Mordheim game!

Anyway enough shameless advertising, what about me?

Well I'm a gamer about to hit 30 soon and I primarily play PC games via steam. Favouriate genres are Adventure/RPG, Card games, strategy and occasionally Action and FPS.

My poision right now is Rocket League and I've clocked up 600+ hours so far (I have a problem) and love the challenge!

I'm massively looking forward to this game by Legendary as an ex-Games Workshop player myself. All the best for the future and I hope to get the chance to play :).

See you in-game!

Welcome Sir! We've spoke over Twitter on many occasions so I'm very familiar with what you do and who you're, but thanks for introducing yourself to the rest of the community. We have a lively bunch here!

Like you, I've also racked up a fair amount of hours on Rocket League. I love Basketball... I've reigned myself the Rocket League B-Ball King ;).

If you're interested in testing out the game still, just drop me a message and I'll get you set up as soon as. Apart from all of that, enjoy your stay and feel free to post wherever you like!

Diknek

Private
Thank you for doing this project guys! I have been waiting for a close to table top mordheim phone game for a while. It's honestly the perfect game to do this with!

I've been playing Warhammer and Mordheim since I was a young lad who stumbled across some sweet fantasy miniatures at at a garage sale. Found out what they were and have been hooked ever since! I started playing video games back on MS DOS and had to activate doom with a command prompt! My condition grew considerably worse when I began locking up the phone lines with my dial up connection to crush newbs in warcraft 2 and diablo 1. Anyway enough about me on with development!

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Thank you for doing this project guys! I have been waiting for a close to table top mordheim phone game for a while. It's honestly the perfect game to do this with!

I've been playing Warhammer and Mordheim since I was a young lad who stumbled across some sweet fantasy miniatures at at a garage sale. Found out what they were and have been hooked ever since! I started playing video games back on MS DOS and had to activate doom with a command prompt! My condition grew considerably worse when I began locking up the phone lines with my dial up connection to crush newbs in warcraft 2 and diablo 1. Anyway enough about me on with development!
Welcome Diknek!

Really glad you're looking forward to playing our adaptation of Mordheim, hopefully it meets your expectations!

You've been gaming for quite a while now then (before I was even born in fact), I missed out on a lot of gaming classics unfortunately... But I do want to re-visit them at some point that's for sure. I'm pretty sure the first game I ever properly played was Jade Cocoon on the PlayStation. Just out of curiosity, where was it that you found out about Mordeim: Warband Skirmish?

Just as a side note too if you're interested in becoming a Tester, just let me know... And I'll run through some of the details we'll need from yourself in order to get you set up. Hope you have fun on the Forums, feel free to take a look around and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Diknek

Private
Welcome Diknek!

Really glad you're looking forward to playing our adaptation of Mordheim, hopefully it meets your expectations!

You've been gaming for quite a while now then (before I was even born in fact), I missed out on a lot of gaming classics unfortunately... But I do want to re-visit them at some point that's for sure. I'm pretty sure the first game I ever properly played was Jade Cocoon on the PlayStation. Just out of curiosity, where was it that you found out about Mordeim: Warband Skirmish?

Just as a side note too if you're interested in becoming a Tester, just let me know... And I'll run through some of the details we'll need from yourself in order to get you set up. Hope you have fun on the Forums, feel free to take a look around and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

I believe I found out about it through Morjax' channel. So thanks Morjax! I would love to be a tester!

Primoris

Private
Hey Guys, I'm Ben.

I love Warhammer and Mordheim, and when I played the game at the Age of Sigmar open day I was hooked... I literally couldn't stay away from the stand and just had to keep on playing! I'll be using my Iphone for testing, can't wait to get playing it!

Steve Gibbs

Private
Greetings and salutations.

I'm Steve, aka grafixgibbs. I haven't played Mordhiem in a while but played it lots when it first hit the table top. I was an Outrider and ran tournaments, leagues and helped to write rules for the Town Cryer back in the day (helped with Lustria setting and Kehmri).

Looking forward to playing on my iPad.

Yeovil

Private
Hey all you desperate men and women of Mordheim!, I played the demo at the AoS Open Day and loved the game!, I have been playing the table top original game since 1999, still play on a almost weekly basis so I'm really looking forward to playing this one on Android devices!, hopefully including Android TV :D

Let's capture loads of wyrdstone!