Introduce yourself

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Thank you,

I have messaged you my friend. I'll keep active around here and help out people where I can. Some days I may not be able to post though depending on the hours at work and such.
As long as you don't completely disappear on us that's fine ;)! Will check my messages now and get you all set up and ready to play.

DarkPerin

Private
So, I am still around. I'm not sure I want to take up one of your testing slots if they are limited. I am not sure how much I'd have to say. That said, I am watching the game being played on Morjax's channel, and I could still give feedback. I am very much an android user, however.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
So, I am still around. I'm not sure I want to take up one of your testing slots if they are limited. I am not sure how much I'd have to say. That said, I am watching the game being played on Morjax's channel, and I could still give feedback. I am very much an android user, however.
Not to worry, if you change your mind at any point just drop me a message! I'd be able to get you set up on the Android device that you're using. You could still give us feedback by watching Morjax's videos it's totally up to you, but if you want to give feedback on all the latest builds that get released, getting set up on your Android device would be the best bet.

Zagoradin

Private
Hi there! I am Zagoradin and I am 37 and I come from Singapore. I operate and maintain a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DUSTOMORDHEIM/) dedicated to Mordheim as well as Dust Tactics but primary for Mordheim my first love :)

My Romance with Mordheim started with Issue #238 of the Warhammer White Dwarf Magazine in November of 1999 which came with a free miniature introducing the shiny new game of Mordheim. I bought that magazine with my lunch money, went home and scrutinize every single image and bits of the lore and after many hours of pouring myself into the magazine multiple times, I knew I found my love for the hobby and it would be Mordheim. I sold what I could and bought the boxset the very same week it came into the store and started a life long passion of collecting and playing Mordheim.

My first introductions into fantasy was from Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks (evident from my handle name), then into D&D and followed into the RPing videogames and when I first saw Warhammer Fantasy Battles (WFB) I was truly blown away. I read what I could get my hands on WFB and loved it but as much as I wanted to play, I was limited by what I could reasonably afford at that time. But nevertheless I loved the old world and the empire for all the glory and corruption ( I am a big fan of Berserk too :) ) but sadly could never afford to participate in those grand battles involving blocks of infantry and cavalry. When Mordheim came along, it was quite simply a god send to a youngling tabletop gamer like myself. With just a few models a piece of paper and some dice (the warband building element reminded me of the D&D days but gang building instead of heros characters) and some mustered up terrain I was soon commanding a gang of ruthless ruffians and cut throats down ally ways and dark streets killing and pillaging for wrydstone. Winning was never the true goal of the game, finding out what happens afterwards was the highlight and many epic moments were born.

I eventually went on to collect every official faction except amazons and take great joy in converting unique pieces for Mordheim or finding miniatures which would fit into the theme. Similarly I go on to collect terrain with the same mindset, all in hopes of building a tabletop worthy of Mordheim.

Today, finding players for the tabletop game is quite difficult but my passion for the game persist and my physical collection grows still. The PC version of the game is a great addition to the franchise but in all honesty, in between balancing working schedules and time for the family, the competition for attention on hobby and game time is stretched and limited. And hence this is where I believe this venture into mobile gaming for Mordheim holds great promise both into penetration into the RPG market as well as engagement levels. I find myself along side millions of others playing and investing into mobile game more than any other media and truly that is where the future lies.

My hopes for the mobile version of the game would be that it can provide players a true to tabletop experience ( though I am quite sceptical since attention span and mobile data/wifi connection of players may not be always constantly stable-huge challenge here) as well as providing an immersive experience of the lore, capturing the dark and depravity essence of Mordheim and of empire in the old world. If the visuals of the game are along side the visuals of MCOTD or Vermintide, I believe it would achieve that goal but I would love to explore also the plots and lore of untold tales of this forsaken ruins of a city.

And so this concludes my introduction and I hope to participate here actively and be a part of the community here and of course to be able to take part in the beta testing and provide feedback. I currently operate on Android platform and only have a very old ios device (ios 7) which I can access to participate. Please do consider me as a tester. I can be contacted here via PM or via message on my facebook page DUST O MORDHEIM: https://www.facebook.com/DUSTOMORDHEIM/

Best regards,

Zagoradin

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi there! I am Zagoradin and I am 37 and I come from Singapore. I operate and maintain a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DUSTOMORDHEIM/) dedicated to Mordheim as well as Dust Tactics but primary for Mordheim my first love :)

My Romance with Mordheim started with Issue #238 of the Warhammer White Dwarf Magazine in November of 1999 which came with a free miniature introducing the shiny new game of Mordheim. I bought that magazine with my lunch money, went home and scrutinize every single image and bits of the lore and after many hours of pouring myself into the magazine multiple times, I knew I found my love for the hobby and it would be Mordheim. I sold what I could and bought the boxset the very same week it came into the store and started a life long passion of collecting and playing Mordheim.

My first introductions into fantasy was from Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks (evident from my handle name), then into D&D and followed into the RPing videogames and when I first saw Warhammer Fantasy Battles (WFB) I was truly blown away. I read what I could get my hands on WFB and loved it but as much as I wanted to play, I was limited by what I could reasonably afford at that time. But nevertheless I loved the old world and the empire for all the glory and corruption ( I am a big fan of Berserk too :) ) but sadly could never afford to participate in those grand battles involving blocks of infantry and cavalry. When Mordheim came along, it was quite simply a god send to a youngling tabletop gamer like myself. With just a few models a piece of paper and some dice (the warband building element reminded me of the D&D days but gang building instead of heros characters) and some mustered up terrain I was soon commanding a gang of ruthless ruffians and cut throats down ally ways and dark streets killing and pillaging for wrydstone. Winning was never the true goal of the game, finding out what happens afterwards was the highlight and many epic moments were born.

I eventually went on to collect every official faction except amazons and take great joy in converting unique pieces for Mordheim or finding miniatures which would fit into the theme. Similarly I go on to collect terrain with the same mindset, all in hopes of building a tabletop worthy of Mordheim.

Today, finding players for the tabletop game is quite difficult but my passion for the game persist and my physical collection grows still. The PC version of the game is a great addition to the franchise but in all honesty, in between balancing working schedules and time for the family, the competition for attention on hobby and game time is stretched and limited. And hence this is where I believe this venture into mobile gaming for Mordheim holds great promise both into penetration into the RPG market as well as engagement levels. I find myself along side millions of others playing and investing into mobile game more than any other media and truly that is where the future lies.

My hopes for the mobile version of the game would be that it can provide players a true to tabletop experience ( though I am quite sceptical since attention span and mobile data/wifi connection of players may not be always constantly stable-huge challenge here) as well as providing an immersive experience of the lore, capturing the dark and depravity essence of Mordheim and of empire in the old world. If the visuals of the game are along side the visuals of MCOTD or Vermintide, I believe it would achieve that goal but I would love to explore also the plots and lore of untold tales of this forsaken ruins of a city.

And so this concludes my introduction and I hope to participate here actively and be a part of the community here and of course to be able to take part in the beta testing and provide feedback. I currently operate on Android platform and only have a very old ios device (ios 7) which I can access to participate. Please do consider me as a tester. I can be contacted here via PM or via message on my facebook page DUST O MORDHEIM: https://www.facebook.com/DUSTOMORDHEIM/

Best regards,

Zagoradin
Hey Zagoradin,

Welcome to our humble abode! I noticed that you shared one of our Facebook posts on your page, which we really do appreciate. Anything to help spread the word of Mordheim: Warband Skirmish definitely goes a long way.

As a tester we'd like you to contribute as much as you possibly can. This means playing all of the latest builds, leaving feedback on those builds and also pointing out any bugs you encounter too. We're looking for people that can potentially help shape the game, and not be afraid to have their own voice.

If you feel like you'd have enough time and are still interested in joining the ranks of the testers, then please do drop me a message! I'll run through with you the details that we'd need from yourself and also make you aware of what we'll need from you in order to get you into the game.

Apart from that I hope you have fun, and I can see you have got stuck right in already with posting! Which is what we like to see ;)

Hi all,

My name is Dave, I'm a 42 year old Aussie and live in London with my wife and two kids. Long time table top and PC gamer.

Played a lot of Mordhiem 'back in the day' and keen to help out and test. I have the Mordheim City of the Damned PC game and enjoyed playing that and like the idea of a 'back to the roots' hand held version of the game. Watched a few of Morjax's videos and looks interesting.

I'm an Android user, I have a Samsung A5 phone and a Google Nexus 2 tablet.

Umm... that about that :) Happy to help if needed.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi all,

My name is Dave, I'm a 42 year old Aussie and live in London with my wife and two kids. Long time table top and PC gamer.

Played a lot of Mordhiem 'back in the day' and keen to help out and test. I have the Mordheim City of the Damned PC game and enjoyed playing that and like the idea of a 'back to the roots' hand held version of the game. Watched a few of Morjax's videos and looks interesting.

I'm an Android user, I have a Samsung A5 phone and a Google Nexus 2 tablet.

Umm... that about that :) Happy to help if needed.
Hey Dave pleasure to meet you,

We're looking for testers that can do the following:
  1. Play all of the latest builds of the game
  2. Leave any feedback you have on the builds you play
  3. Make sure you point out any bugs you encounter
  4. Be an active and friendly part of the community
If you think this is something you can do, then feel free to drop me a message! I'd be happy to run through all the details with you so that we can get you set up and ready to play ASAP. Apart from that feel free to explore the Forums and delve into any of the discussions that are taking place.

Arli

Private
Thanks for the invite guys. I am looking forward to being involved in this! Mordheim is my favorite GW game. It got me into other skirmish games. Can't wait to try it out.

My name is John (Arli in most Forums). I am from Maryland near Washington DC. I have been playing miniatures related wargames for a while. Mordheim is a guilty pleasure.

If I am testing, I will be playing on a Galaxy Note 4 (not the exploding one).

Hi Legendary team and community,

I'd love to get a peek and your game and help you test it -- here's a bit about me:

My name is Huw although I tend to go by DrDastardly when the username is available. I played quite a lot of Year Zero Tactics early on and have played a few GW mobile licenses, plus I'm from an online editorial background professionally, so hopefully can offer useful feedback about the gameplay, IP feel, and copy. In general I'm more of a board game guy than a hardcore computer gamer, so possibly I can offer perspective as a more casual player than your typical tester. If included in testing, I'll be using an iPhone 6 Plus.

Cheers!

Huw

Hi All,
I am HatedByDiceGods.

I play Mordheim with my tabletop gaming group regularly and we love discussing the mechanics and lore of the game. We have played through numerous campaigns using the traditional scenarios as well as the multiplayer scenarios from the 2002 Annual. The most recent campaign we ran was a 4-way All Chaos path to glory with Nurgle represented by Carnival of Chaos, Tzeentch represented by Cult of the Possessed, Khorne represented by Beastman Raiders and Slaanesh represented by Dark Elves. We're currently gearing up for our first Necromunda campaign. We also play Age of Sigmar, X-wing and D&D.

I'm currently studying game development and have some familiarity with basic testing principles. I also once reached top 5 in the world on the Year Zero leaderboard while testing the game for an assignment (the pinnacle of my e-sports career). I hope to be able to get involved testing Mordheim soon!
:)

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi All,
I am HatedByDiceGods.

I play Mordheim with my tabletop gaming group regularly and we love discussing the mechanics and lore of the game. We have played through numerous campaigns using the traditional scenarios as well as the multiplayer scenarios from the 2002 Annual. The most recent campaign we ran was a 4-way All Chaos path to glory with Nurgle represented by Carnival of Chaos, Tzeentch represented by Cult of the Possessed, Khorne represented by Beastman Raiders and Slaanesh represented by Dark Elves. We're currently gearing up for our first Necromunda campaign. We also play Age of Sigmar, X-wing and D&D.

I'm currently studying game development and have some familiarity with basic testing principles. I also once reached top 5 in the world on the Year Zero leaderboard while testing the game for an assignment (the pinnacle of my e-sports career). I hope to be able to get involved testing Mordheim soon!
:)
Welcome to the Forums! Awesome stuff, top 5 eh? Let's see how far you can get in Mordheim in that case. If you'd like to drop me a message and let me know what device you'll be using to play the game on, I'll see what I can do in order to get you access to the game. Thanks

MrTayters

Private
Hello Mordheimers! Ive been watching this game after learning about it watching a video on youtube. I got an email this morning saying that I was selected for testing and I should come introduce myself.

I played Mordheim back in the day when it first released and really enjoyed it. I have since started to get back into skirmish wargames because quite frankly its easy on the old pocketbook. Id love to have a chance to test the game and give input if I could be of help to the team and the community!

-MrTayters

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello Mordheimers! Ive been watching this game after learning about it watching a video on youtube. I got an email this morning saying that I was selected for testing and I should come introduce myself.

I played Mordheim back in the day when it first released and really enjoyed it. I have since started to get back into skirmish wargames because quite frankly its easy on the old pocketbook. Id love to have a chance to test the game and give input if I could be of help to the team and the community!

-MrTayters
Welcome MrTayters!

If you'd like to drop me a message telling me what device you're using (Android / iOS) I'll let you know what we'd need from yourself in order to get you set up. In the mean time if you'd like to explore the Forums and join in on any of the discussions that are taking place, be my guest!

JesterArke

Corporal
Hi, I'm JesterArke! Found out about this endeavour from a share done by the twitter team of one of the games I play on my channel & had to check it out. I remember buying Mordheim when it first came out back in 1999. Still got the original rulebook. Sadly also haven't played in a VERY long time due to "adulting" consuming too much time for a lot of years (a problem I have now fixed)! My partner (also an ex player) & I have been talking for ages about starting up again. I spend pretty much all my time gaming & would love to dedicate time to helping to test this out.

Matt checking in having heard about this on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum. Being a veteran tabletop gamer and a huge fan of Mordheim since it's release way back in 1999, I'm looking forwards to giving it a whirl on my iPad. Hopefully, it will scratch my Mordheim itch between tabletop games in the ruined city.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Matt checking in having heard about this on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum. Being a veteran tabletop gamer and a huge fan of Mordheim since it's release way back in 1999, I'm looking forwards to giving it a whirl on my iPad. Hopefully, it will scratch my Mordheim itch between tabletop games in the ruined city.
Hey Matt! Thanks for joining us. At the moment we aren't able to invite any more iOS users in to test the game out but with that being said, we're looking at entering the beta stage of testing which will open up a lot more spaces.

We'd still love for any one looking to test the game out to join us. So once we do enter the beta stage we'll make sure you're all aware! I'll probably create a thread letting you all know when this is happening, I can't imagine it to be too long at all but that's something I'll have to discuss with the rest of the team.

If you want to share your thoughts on some of the discussions that are taking place then please do feel free to do so, and if you run into any problems when searching through the Forums just drop me a message! I'd be happy to help.

Hey there im Luis from germany and a big Fan of warhammer since i got warhammer Chaos in the Old World board game a few years ago.I bought mordheim city of the damned short time after the release date for ps4.And now i cant wait for warband skirmish anymore.