Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Game kNight, Aug 11, 2016.

1. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Hi all,

I'm 29 and from London.

I've played Warhammer for about 16 years, and Mordheim for not quite so long. It's always been one of my favourite games, if not always the easiest to find people to play against.

Soon as I saw the app I downloaded it, even though I'm normally against paying for apps without testing them first.

I apologise in advance if I come across as rude in any of my posts. But I've always had a great love for the table top game, and I would like to help make the app as fantastic as possible. I'm sure not all of my feedback will be welcome as I will mention most criticisms I have, but if I didn't like the app or think it was worth the effort you can be sure I would just delete it and not say a word to anyone. I only do it because I care!

Thank you for reading, and I hope we spent a long time talking!
    ScubaSteve05 and morjax like this.
  2. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

First off, welcome! I think this game has benefited and will continue to benefit because of people like you who have a great love for the game. Porting Mordheim to mobile platforms is a special chance, and the app is better because of user feedback from people who want the best Mordheim possible. So, no need to hold back on comments, suggestions, and critiques - if you think the game can be made better, let the dev team know! I'm sure they can't implement everything we suggest, but they've been very receptive throughout development so far :)

Welcome aboard, friend!
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Hey Etherkye,

Sorry for the late welcome! It's my first day back at the office today since Warhammer Fest over the weekend, so it's great to see such a pleasant message from a new member of our community. Welcome aboard buddy!

The reason we invite people to join our forums is so that they can voice their opinion, so don't apologise for wanting to get involved, that's exactly why we want you here after all. I can see you've already got involved in several discussions (which I'm yet to catch up on) so I'll be sure to check everything you've wrote and get back to you on any questions you've asked.

Hope to see you a lot more around the forums and look out for my Warband "Robin Hoods" hopefully they give you a run for your money ;)
  4. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    I'll let you know if I see them!

I'm not met a fully shooting warband yet. Although with a defence of almost 50 on each of my warriors, I should be able to get enough of them to the other side!

It only takes 1 hit from a greatsword to kill an archer!
    ScubaSteve05 likes this.
  5. edward Corporal

Message Count:
    Hello everyone, I've recently started playing and I'm really enjoying this take on the franchise. I was a little unsure what to make of it at first, as the game seemed very stripped back but I have since found the meat of what made Mordheim great as a tabletop game is here too.. Excellent!

I've noticed it really heats up my device, unsure whether this is something other people are experiencing or maybe mine just tends to run hot. Pixel XL. It can get a little choppy too and if I charge and play at the same time the phone will sometimes turn itself off completely, but hey it does look good.

It'd be nice to be able to delay a character's turn, strategically speaking. For example my marksman might want to wait til my warrior has cleared from the fray down the turn sequence so he can take a couple of potshots, instead of moving or wasting his turn entirely.

I'm all for permadeath and injuries, though I'd like to see ingame currency available to manage them. If there was some way to tie in premium currency with permanent cosmetic options and possibly some premium non-p2w equipment that'd be really cool and not ostracise players who aren't familiar with the boardgame ruleset being applied in parts here.

Looking forwards to more weapons (pesky slings and claws perhaps?) skaven, wardogs and all the other things that make Mordheim fun. Warpstone mechanics too possibly? SO much content possible here.

Cheers for having a crack at this for the mobile platform!
    ScubaSteve05, OverWatch and morjax like this.
  6. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Welcome, Edward! My device also tends to run a bit toasty when playing for extended periods (gen 1 moto x). I chalk it up to all the wyrdstone I'm moving ;D If you're looking for a charger that can keep up, the Anker Powercore+ chargers are beasts. Theycharge my devices faster than wall plugs :D I'd also highly recommend Volutz cords (the best cords that nobody knows about?), but as I recall, the pixel takes the superior USB C connector. Wonder if Volutz makes USB C...

Passing turns has been floated a couple times. I'm still in favor of it, but I also would probably vote for more maps, warbands and gear first if I'm being honest - all those extra flavors will really spice up the leaderboards!

There is currently the fate coins that can be used to mitigate injuries and deaths (which is not completely in line with the tabletop). Currently, there's lots of discussion going around about how this might be implemented outside a strict purchase of the fate coins (watching ads, very rare drops, daily quest/reward for playing X amount). No word from the devs on what the absolute final plan is, but it seems they're taking it all under consideration.

Skaven is currently in development and I CAN'T WAIT!
  7. Rob10424 Private

Message Count:
    Hi all, I've been a fan of the GW universe since the 80's, playing , collecting and painting the actual miniatures for many of the games over the years. I just started playing the PC version and liked it so when saw the IOS version, I jumped on it. I'm really looking forward to the DLC races, especially playing Skaven.

Morjax, I'm a a subscriber and am watching all your videos, along with Game kNight's. Thank you for those!
  8. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:

Welcome, Rob! Another brave captain joins the fold! Looking forward to hearing about your warband(s) exploits and (mis?)adventures. when Skaven arrives, let's go head-to-head :cool:

Thanks of course for watching - I'm glad I get to share things like this game with you <3
    Rob10424 likes this.
  9. Jmstoic Private

Message Count:
    Greetings everybody!
    I'm Jmstoic, and my sole Warband is the The Swordfish. I appreciate any feedback on their performance, if you fight them. Unless you'd rather just keep whipping them for shards.

I played a number of Necromunda campaigns over the years, but no Mordheim.
  10. Gorvar Private

Message Count:
    Hello everyone, my name is Gorvar and i'm a alcoholic.....wait, i'm a dwarf so there is no such thing! HUZZAH!

Real talk, name's Gorvar and I've been a enthusiast of Warhammer Fantasy and 40K for about 15 years now although it has only been resurfaced the past two years now ever since the release of Total Warhammer and Vermintide.
    I'm a big fan of the Dawi and all their grudge bearing shenanigans. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying non-dwarf games such as Mordheim since I do like the lore of Warhammer Fantasy.

I read White Dwarf when I was younger and glimpsed a few battle reports of Mordheim but never really got a chance to play it....till now.
    Loving the app so far, love the little stories each battle creates and how your warband grows as a result.
    Really enjoy it and I can't wait to do some fighting for Vlad Van Carnstein when the Undead are released.
    .....and maybe some dwarfs if we get lucky ;P
  11. monoblack Private

Message Count:
    Hello everyone! I am 34 and am from Kansas. I wish I had found this game sooner! On my phone this phone gets me all misty and nostalgic for the tabletop GW games I haven't played in a long time. I think a friend and I picked up Necromunda around 1995 and I still think it is my favorite game ever. I picked up and played everything GW until the early 2000s when I was in college and switched back to MTG. I played Fantasy Dark Elves and 2nd edition 40k Tyranids in local tourneys. I once managed to win a Rogue Trader pin. Mordheim, Gorkamorka, and Inquisitor were all super fun the few times I got to play them. So... I loved playing tabletop games and I put so much time and money into buying and building painted armies but could never get a consistent group to play regularly. After another afternoon of flaky gamers not showing up at our local Hobby Town to play outside of a tournament I looked at all my figs and realized how much time I spent preparing and how rarely I got to play I quit. This app is just close enough to the tabletop skirmishes I love and being able to build a gang and play one game after another is just amazing. I just started playing a few days ago and I can't get enough. I saw on this forum that the game is hopefully going to be expanded a lot so that is how I justified buying the Marienburg warband to support it. I would have much rather paid to be playing some undead or even orks but I can wait. I have never even considered beta tested anything but I hope I can give that a shot. I know I can stay positive and constructive when things get frustrating! Ha!
    OverWatch, Gorvar and morjax like this.
  12. Nacor Private

Message Count:
    Hello Everyone, can't get enough of this game. Already got my friend and brother playing. I'm an old Dark Elves player and LoTR table top play in Brisbane Australia. Enjoy playing against my Nacor's rangers, cause I love raider your corpse for stones. HA HA.
  13. ScubaSteve Major

Message Count:
    Hello I am Steve and I am from USA I have been playing Mordeim since it was released in 1999 and this app is by far the best version of the game out there. I have played Mordheim Warband skirmish a lot and I absolutely love it. You have all done a fantastic job. I am a former GW employee who worked in their main office and now I am a professional board game designer. I know games and I know design and believe me this app is something special. Thanks guys for all your hard work.
    morjax likes this.
  14. LathotHead Major

Message Count:
    Hello all! LathotHead here. I've already made a few posts elsewhere in the forums but figured I'd throw one up here like the rest.

I've been playing GW games since about 1995. 40k, Necromunda, Mordheim, Epic 40k, Battlefleet Gothic, even Man-O-War (if anybody even remembers that game anymore). I've had a good number of years experience in computer game design and production, and at least as many if not more in board games.

I have to say, y'all have hit the nail on the head with a ten ton hammer and driven it thru the ground. It's so similar to the old game that nostalgia sets in every time I load up a new match. Except it only takes 5-10 minutes to play a game... not an hour or more including measuring, dice, lookups, rules disuptes, etc... The way it's been creatively adapted to a free to play business model is very well balanced in my opinion, It doesn't come off as greedy, but it works. The art style is amazing (LOOOOVE the graphic novel style). I've always thought that was a perfect art style for mobile games because it allows for a good amount of detail without high resolution models.

This has been my 'got a few minutes to kill' go to game since I installed it on my tablet. I've not been disappointed yet... Except for when I was playing offline and one of my guys died in a battle and I couldn't use a fate coin to revive him because I didn't have internet. But I got past that.

Y'all have really hit it out of the park and I am SO glad somebody came out with a Mordheim adaptation. Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan was a great adaptation. Now Mordheim.... HOPEFULLY the Necromunda adaptation in the works will be good too (crossing fingers). But MWS, even though relatively new and still going through the early stages of the release cycle, The amount of work and changes and effort y'all have put into each Thursday release shows the dedication you have to the project. I tip my hat to y'all, and hope more people continue to come to this game and make the community grow and the game prosper.
    OverWatch and morjax like this.
  15. morjax YouTuber & Moderator

Message Count:
    Lat we've chatted elsewhere, but officially: WELCOME!

I personally can't wait for PVP, to further get my tabletop fix ^_^

Anyway, keep the great feedback and participation coming. As you know, the community is often what makes of breaks a promising game ;D
  16. LathotHead Major

Message Count:
    quote for truth that even some developers don't realize!
  17. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Ok, so, jumping on the bandwagon too.

I'm Watley, aka the Grand Fubar. I'm from rural Australia, have been gaming since 1983, and Mordheim tabletop has been one of the great loves of mine. When I found this app, I had to give it a crack, and I love it. I started lurking on the forum recently, I don't usually get involved in this kind of thing much, but the Mordheim addiction is too great, and I really like to get involved, at least inasmuch as chucking my two groats in here and there.

Back in the day, I played Witchhunters, Sisters and Dwarves the most, with a bit of dabble in the Cult. My best mates girlfriend bought my Skaven, and then proceeded to kick arse for several years, much respect to the Skaven and the girlfriend. So, I'm really looking forward to future releases, particularly the Sisters.

Anyway, there you have it. I can be a bit blunt at times, and possibly rude, but I call Australian on that one, and dont intend to cause offence. It's just our culture. Call me out if I've gone too far.

So, may we meet on the streets of Mordheim and beat each other up merrily.... and drink together afterwards, when the ambulance has come
  18. Jelvob Private

Message Count:
    Hold that bandwagon!
    Hi
    I'm Jelle from Belgium, 35, and i recently discovered this gem on Android by accident (wish i did that sooner!)
    I'm a gamer and you can take that very general..I like boardgames, cardgames, miniature games, computer/android/Playstation games and i could spend my whole life doing just that.

I've played Mordheim very briefly back when it was still sold in stores but never gotten around to really finding a player group who would invest in it so my skaven never got that far..
    I'm glad i've found this (and also that GW will bring back Necromunda btw) so i can get back into the fray. It's been very long so i don't quite remember which stats do what exactly etc (some more ingame explanation would be okay for those who don't know ANYTHING about these kind of games)

It's an awesome game and i love this app
    OverWatch, morjax and TheWizardWatley like this.
  19. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    Hey everyo........ ahh cack the wagon's gone......I'll just give it a minute.......sacred feth how long does it take to come bac....AHA!!

Hello! Name's Matt but I go by Buggritt quite a bit, if you've seen this handle (that's right, I speak old-school) anywhere before there's a good chance it's me. I've been a fan of GW since 2nd edition 40k and whatever-edition-warhammer-magic-was fantasy. Sadly too many of my friends prefered guns to bows and apart from a few battles here and there I didn't get to play enough Mordheim.

Skirmish is the game I've been looking for since getting an iphone. I'm very psyked about PvP and Witch Hunters (watch out heretics!)
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  20. 10 Snake Gathering Private

Message Count:
    I've just started playing. So far I like the game, but think there should be some way to earn fate points. I for one like the watch the video for fate points idea, or tie it to completing achievements, or maybe something like 1 each day that you play. How long do hired swords stay with you since you have to hire them with fate points? So far I'm at the 50+/- wyrdstone point. I'm not sure what determines who your opponents are. Is it only based on the number of soldiers? The one thing that I see being a potential issue foe my warband is that I have been very slowly getting gear for my warband, and they are leveling up, but should one of them die, it would be nearly impossible for me to replace them, but nor can I afford to hire a new warrior to start getting them some gear and Xp so they will be able to fill the inevitable void that will surely come from the eventual death of one of my current warband soldiers.
    TheWizardWatley likes this.