Is Elf Ranger too powerfull?

Does Elf Ranger require nerfs?

• Total voters

Bringabong

Private
Elves need a new spellbook, no flaming magic swords.
And their reroll should be once per turn.
Also limit to 1 or 2 per warband.
An all elf warband would see elf hence man with lower stats

Last edited:

Shangular

General
Read Cyber’s most recent post first. But the elf OP is related to this conversation here regarding their access to magic. The argument has been noted many times previously and to my recollection, one a single player wanted them to keep magic (interesting because I used to kill his Wardancer/Regards from Marienburg warband all the time with elves that were half his rating, but he was the only one on discord opposed). but all other players who commented would like magic removed. That is really what makes a solo elf OP because at 144 rating, they get a huge boost from fire sword and can fly around for the alpha strike. See this guy below who’s only lost 3 times in hundreds of fights. 2 of the 2 were against another solo elf and the third was against a solo merc captain who was almost twice his rating. All 3 loss really came down to an RNG battle and who got the better roll.
8641BF21-7363-4106-B669-1A3A02757721.jpeg
but take away magic, this guy is no longer OP and very susceptible to horde assist rules.

I would think removing magic access shouldn’t be a large programming undertaking. Doing so would greatly balance the game.

Shangular

General
So very recent example of my point with magic making elves OP. This morning my solo left at 144 faced at 285 warband, the Dark Elves who had a merc captain and 4 elves. Good game on both matches whoever that was. First game he won by running off with the chest, but my elf did kill 2 of his elves and captain and would have killed the other had he not run away. Second match, my elf killed his merc captain and 2 elves and he routed.

But my point here, and that player can attest if he wishes, is that if my elf didn’t have magic, like in the TT version, and couldn’t fly around and attack witha flaming sword, would he have been an OP opponent? Definitely not and as a solo elf could eventually be shot down or lose the chest as the merc captain can simply fly away with it.

Been asking for a long time but hoping devs will make elves match the TT version.

I know this game is 6 years old, but I think if it can hold out until GW releases Old World Warhammer, which takes place during the same period, it may have a chance of revival with a Mordheim 2.0 if there could be some marketing campaign aligned with GW. But some major changes would need to be made, this being one of them.

CzaRus

Major
But my point here, and that player can attest if he wishes, is that if my elf didn’t have magic, like in the TT version, and couldn’t fly around and attack witha flaming sword, would he have been an OP opponent?
The falming sword gives +20 WS to his already ridiculous (+10) WS stat (for a RANGE FOCUSED hired sword), which in total gives him +30 WS constantly, that is a bonus higher than the one of a warrior charging into cover (pit fighter + unstoppable charge = +25 WS), which is already a pretty rare circumstance. So broken

Shangular

General
LOL! GG. Here’s the one guy who thought elves should keep magic. Still think it’s balanced? My WH were half of your warband ratings yet you refused to fight my elves because you failed the magic tests. Third match it looked like you disconnected but perhaps server disconnect? Last match, close and even though I had half your rating, it was the magic that kept me in the game. Thus elves shouldn’t have magic as majority of players have stated. A7DC579D-D5B1-4E51-A7E0-9DDCB26584A6.jpeg
heres the 3rd match below. Not sure if you intentionally disconnected because your elves failed their sword spell cast. But in that situation, I like my chances due to….OP magic.
3939B1DC-78BD-4FE5-9E0A-D873E93F3928.jpeg

CuliDuri

Corporal
LOL! GG. Here’s the one guy who thought elves should keep magic. Still think it’s balanced? My WH were half of your warband ratings yet you refused to fight my elves because you failed the magic tests. Third match it looked like you disconnected but perhaps server disconnect? Last match, close and even though I had half your rating, it was the magic that kept me in the game. Thus elves shouldn’t have magic as majority of players have stated. View attachment 2239
heres the 3rd match below. Not sure if you intentionally disconnected because your elves failed their sword spell cast. But in that situation, I like my chances due to….OP magic.
View attachment 2240
Yup they are defenitly too powerful. Can I ask you what build are you playing with it? Do you play a single elf or 4,or mixed warband? I'm currently playing 4 of them and have never lost a pvp but I'm not so high rating

Shangular

General
I have multiple war bands so all of the above lol. I've played PvP matches with elves from 144 rating level all the way up to 8000. At low levels, the only non-elf war bands that can compete are those with much higher ratings (i.e. I'm the underdog). At equal rating levels, only another elf war band can compete which shows imbalance. Also not counting games where opponent started near the chest spawn location and just flew off with it as anyone with a flight spell can do that.