Is it possible to have a perfect henchman (or henchwoman) get generated?

I spent about the better part of 3 hours (although not all at once) creating new Warbands to get a perfect statted Hench.

So far I've been able to get super close to getting a perfect Reikland warrior (best so far has been 5/5 Wounds, 35/35 Weapon Skill, 35/35 Strength, but only 32 out of a possible 35 Initiative) as well as a perfect Novice (best so far here has been 25/25 Weapon Skill, 35/35 Strength, but only 35 out of the maximum possible 45 Initiative) but not a perfectly-statted one. This has led me to wonder if it's even possible?

Is there some hidden bit of code that prevents a perfect character from being created? Or is it just *that* damn rare?

Shangular

Brigadier
I think it's just rare. I've never gotten one either but have come very close. Back when starting captains were also random stats, I got one that was just one off from perfect. 35 WS, 35 BS, 5 W, 35 Str, 34 Ini, 63 Ldr

I've gotten many that had max relevant stats but crappy leadership and shooting, for example a Sister with 35 WS, 35 Str, 5 W, 45 Ini but low BS and Ldr. I've gotten several others across various warbands that had max WS, BS, Str, Ini but one less W. So probably possible but highly improbable.

If you've been playing the game so long you remember when Cappies did not have pre-set stats, I am *very* inclined to think they've coded it to just not be possible.

CzaRus

Major
I spent about the better part of 3 hours (although not all at once) creating new Warbands to get a perfect statted Hench.

So far I've been able to get super close to getting a perfect Reikland warrior (best so far has been 5/5 Wounds, 35/35 Weapon Skill, 35/35 Strength, but only 32 out of a possible 35 Initiative) as well as a perfect Novice (best so far here has been 25/25 Weapon Skill, 35/35 Strength, but only 35 out of the maximum possible 45 Initiative) but not a perfectly-statted one. This has led me to wonder if it's even possible?

Is there some hidden bit of code that prevents a perfect character from being created? Or is it just *that* damn rare?
I am almost equally as old player as Shang, and I got 2 perfects. One for Middenheim (only 1 Ld off, a setback so little its non existant) and One for Possessed (2 BS off but they dont need that at all)

Attachments

Shangular

Brigadier
I think the probability calculation is the driver. I doubt Legendary put in specific programming logic to prevent it, why would they bother? There are 5 categories: WS, BS, Str, Ini, Ldr which have a range of 10 (25 - 35 for WS as an example), so you have a 10% change for each category to get the max. If you were to roll a 10 sided die, what are the odds that you will roll a 10 five times in a row? Then you have W which has a range of 3 for a human (possible values 3, 4, 5), so 33% chance to get max. So statistical probability, is extremely slim that all 6 events will occur in the same instance.

I am almost equally as old player as Shang, and I got 2 perfects. One for Middenheim (only 1 Ld off, a setback so little its non existant) and One for Possessed (2 BS off but they dont need that at all)
Interesting. One of these days I'll have to sit down for a few hours more and see if I can't do better. For now, though, I am enjoying my (almost perfect) Warbands.

Thanks for chiming in :D