It's a hard game, and that's why it's great

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by TheWizardWatley, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Frees Private

Message Count:
    Without reviving you cant bring your warband to the top. Its simple. On other side, it is not very expensive, almost everyone can purchase about 50 fate points to get solid play
  2. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Yeah, true. I'm a frugal twat, however, and I have grinded my way to the top with hardly a fate spent (I'm the Grand Fubar).

That eighth member isn't crucial, and to be honest this is one area I tend to agree with the chaos: I do think it's a bit mean to keep that last slot only for fate point purchases.
  3. Frees Private

Message Count:
    Yes, 8-th slot only for hired swords is not very good, i think. Because when all around wearing gromril and wielding hammers and gromril twohanded swords, your hired dude clad in heavy armor and hit people with halberd *dong*, *dong*.
    I am Raging Reavers, spent about 55 fate to get 4-th place.
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  4. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Can we refrain from insulting each other, please? We've gone through this before. You're entitled to your own opinions but once you start insulting each other that's where we have to draw the line. No one wants to see that sort of behaviour going on, people come to the forums for an enjoyable time overall, not to be abused.

If I see it happening again I'm going to have to start dishing out warnings. If you don't like someone here on the forums you don't have to communicate with them, simply go to their profile and click "Ignore".
  5. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    Wow.
    In case you missed it it's WizardWatley who started calling names, using swear words etc.Why do you turn the blind eye on this boorish, jerky behaviour?. Way to go LG. On any civilised forum his post and account would be deleted. You do realize that when the new people enter your forum and see thread like this they can be discouraged and turned off?
    As much as most of Chaosticket's claims are... outlandish, there's no way you should tolerate such rude and disrespectful posting by WizardWetley (and so the other's users).
  6. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Mate, I got the warning too. Just so you know, I'm going to communicate online how I would face to face, and as an Australian, well, it'll probably get a little raw for you northern hemisphere types who have to euphemise any word that creates a little discomfort. I call a spade a spade. You ought to be grateful there are still people out there who don't bow to the pressure of political correctness (euphemism for thought control) and have the balls to say what's what and where to go. (You northerners really gotta harden up and not cry whenever someone uses a nasty word.)

I'll refrain from telling people where to go.
    I'll put up with some twerp (not saying any names) twisting my words about in a pathetic effort to find offence.
    I'll even let you call me a boor, as long as you know what that means.

But I'm not going to stand by and let, as you so rightly worded it, "outlandish" nonsense drag down the otherwise reasonably sensible, if somewhat naive, forum contributions that could lead to this game becoming even more awesome.

Pay some attention to old mates nonsense too, feel free to review the entire story, all the threads this guy has hijacked with the same old whinge. Then get back to me and tell me if you think I was wrong. There is a time and a place, and he needs to go there.
  7. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Nice work, mate. Pleased to meet Ye.

May we spill each other's blood on the streets sometime.....
  8. GrayWhen Private

Message Count:
    We Australians well some of us are blunt and straight forward and if you don't like it you don't have to read it but I've been playing for a while now but haven't played the original. I find it hard bit as wizard has said sometimes you have to take a lose and sometimes you win it the roll of the dice
  9. Veteran Private

Message Count:
    Is being australian an explaination or even an excuse for rudeness? If so, shouldn't I be allowed to be even more rude because I'm german? We germans practically invented rudeness;-)
    As fot "not reading", I allready put him on my "ignore-list".
    @Chaos
    You should do so as well.
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Marquand, I'm really not sure where you're coming from at all.

I made myself abundantly clear that we won't be tolerating abusive behaviour, so I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that we're "turning a blind eye" to this sort of nonsense. Everyones entitled to their own opinion, and I'm not going to start censoring people for sharing their thoughts and opinions, that's not what forums are all about. BUT like I've said before, there's a way of communicating with one-another, and name calling isn't one of them.

Of course, I understand that people will be put off by this sort of behaviour - "No one wants to see that sort of behaviour going on, people come to the forums for an enjoyable time overall, not to be abused."

Watley has strong opinions, just like many other users on the forums, and many people in real life. If you don't get along with someone and you can't find a way to get your opinions heard (without being abusive) then there's a simple solution to that, ignore each other. Which means stop winding each other up and trying to get a reaction out of one another, which is exactly what I've seen going on.

Like I've said If I see this happening again it will result in warnings, and then after that, potential bans. We want this to be a friendly place for everyone.
    NgNg likes this.
  11. Figs Private

Message Count:
    This post put a lot in perspective for me thanks
  12. Amy Cooper Private

Message Count:
    Yeah!! It is so true that everyone from eighties used to play Video games on PC, Since no consoles like Xbox or Playstation were available at that time. In todays gaming world everyone is stick towards playing consoles games as many of the games a gamer can easily download freely after buying Playstation store guthaben 50 kaufen like subscription Pre-paid cards online.