Last suggestions and ideas for Tactics!!!

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Overwatch, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    With our recent venture to AppsWorld, London, we've learnt a lot about ways to improve gameplay and functionality within tactics. We had a whole bunch of ideas and suggestions thrown our way and we've been discussing all these issues today.
    With our release date coming up within the upcoming weeks we're trying really hard to ensure we fit all the content in before we publish to all the mobile marketplaces. These next few weeks are about taking some ideas and refining the game. And now, this is your last chance to submit and suggestions and ideas you have which could benefit the game.

Focusing more on the functionality of the game and not content, we would welcome any suggestions you feel will benefit the user when interacting with the game.

If you have any suggestions please post them as a reply to this thread or create a new one!

Thanks,

Charlie
  2. Yoruno Corporal

Message Count:
    I tried to focus on functionality but i may have mixed in other things.. here are the issues i found;

Inconvenient to have set movements at a time at your own base. I believe this has been mentioned before in a thread. This also affects own units to be blocked by own defense structures, unable to move to desired place. Not to mention having to click too many times to move is no fun.
    Unlimited movement while not under attack could be a solution.

Unable to see what upgrades you have in stock without selecting units. This is just a convenience issue as you have to click one too many times.

High cost jump from scavenger to infantry, then from drone to APC and above, with low return. a fully upgraded scavenger has high chance of winning against a stock infantry. Furthermore scavengers are faster and cheaper to replace. Trucks also happens to be the only unit that can "hitch" other units.

Glitch with camera zoom getting stuck sometimes. can't reproduce. This usually have my screen stuck with full zoom on whatever unit selected and the only way to fix it is to relog.

Cannot check terrain status while raiding. It'd be helpful if i could get feedback of terrain while in raid.

Adding to above, cannot check terrain/structure info of occupied structures. Also there isn't much indication on what and how these terrains give defense bonus, such as whether it is armor or miss chance.

Raid and harvester's scavenging has no prompt, risk of mis-click. Same case with scavenging for infantries especially on friendly destroyed units. on that note, nothing saying harvesters can scavenge buildings too.

Related to one above harvester can "scavenge" player-made structures but lacking info on how much resource is being refunded. By that i mean if it is 50% or 25% refund, or random range. On this note i personally do not think random is a good idea at least for player's own structure.

No visible timer on energy regeneration rate. a timer on it would be nice. Just another convenience.

Indication effect of sort for the stage boundary would be nice.

Not clear if "Harvest 500 res daily" mean 500res at once every 24 hours or 500res over 24 hrs. same case with farms. If resource ticks over 24 hrs then the clock might not be necessary, instead a "+resource/min" might be better.

Inconvenient to check health point by going into each characters' info. Something like currentHP/maxHP or percentage indication on top of units would be nice.

Cannot unlock blueprints when everyone of the same unit is under repair. This is kind of a one-time problem, but could be an annoyance especially on high level units with hours of repair time.

Need quite a lot of tooltips and descriptions in general. Such as what "Armor" means, if armor = miss chance, how much and what defense terrains give to units, or that harvester can scavenge player-made structures. Or jet trooper being able to hijack harvester, description missed it. Also can jet troopers scavenge?

No mentions of certain structures' cost going up twofold as you build more.

There should be a warning prompt of some sort when you have 1 energy left while raiding. That or showing -1energy when its been used like how it is with damage display for example, another convenience idea.

Trucks and scavenging, Scavenger/infantry cannot scavenge after moving, it'd be better if you could as it does take an extra turn to move > scavenge > move+unload than move+scavenge > move+unload. Same with truck and its hitch, and drone with its scan. On that note im also interested in why you do not allow players to move after attacking/ scavenging/ hitching/ scanning.

This was on chrome. Have not tested on firefox. Delete and backspace not working properly for username and password function. Pressing delete/backspace once removes everything typed but when i start typing again they all come back.

Energy limit doesn't decrease along with power plant being deleted, but plant price decreases. Probably an unintentional bug.

No indication on possible scavenge amount, current load and max load without going into info. Having those info displayed could help with making decisions. Same case as hp.

Being able to destroy structures by scavenging, and taking others' destroyed units via hitching. This could pose a problem in PvP as defender as losing your 3.2k +fully upgraded unit is going to leave a dent more than the stolen resource.
    Case in point, I stole a certain player's jet trooper, repaired it and used it as bait on the same player's base while i puncture through from different place. My lineup was 1 scavenger, 2 infantries and 2 trucks and truck was the highest i had unlocked. Considering his defense that was nigh impossible for me without that. I feel proud and guilty at the same time. D:

When you have something hitched on truck but don't retreat before capturing harvester you lose the hitch even though game says you retreated. Is this intended?

Instead of just one number for damage in info screen, having a damage range instead might be better considering there are a bit of inconsistency going on.

Infantry could use a different sound effect. It also helps indicate if its infantry, apc or scavenger when they shoot you from inside something.

For legendary games homepage, there should be an audio control button. The audio comes out of nowhere and there is no way to lower/mute it. Worse is that it keeps repeating every time slider gets to that one animation.

Lastly, an option to set different alias from your username maybe? =x

That is about it for now(!). I really should have picked out the functionality ones..
  3. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Wow, what a great load of feedback. I've been taking a lot of notes whilst reading these comments and suggestions and I can in fact reply to some of your comments giving your mind some rest!

With that being said, thank you very much for taking the time to write this post and carefully structuring it! As a sign of our gratitude, I'll award you 10 trophy points!

In reply to your post~~

Going from what you've said, the unlimited movements in your own base would be a great feature yes, however it would go against the rules we have set in place for raiding. This could lead to confusion. As nice as it would be to have more of a free-roam approach and simply point and click on anywhere on the map, we have movement ranges in place for each unit for combat balancing and removing this laws may affect this. We are trying to keep the game as organised and simple as we can.

The cost jump between each unit is all to do with the upgrades available. As you said, a scavenger has a good chance of taking down an infantry unit assuming its fully upgraded, this is a concept we want everyone to pick up. If you've unlocked jet troopers and matched up against AI, they AI will be granted the possible (more than likely) same unit types. However the upgrades are random and the AI may not have them. This gives users a much better chance against AI so we recommend you purchase upgrades for units.

A probe can be used to scan terrain and find hidden troops.

There is a mechanic in place for energy recharging which is approximately 1 energy every 1-10 minutes (in your base).

Your harvester will scavenge x over 24 hours. You can work out your hourly income for your harvest by dividing your daily income/24 hours. This varies depending on what buildings you have in place.

There have been talks around the studio surrounding a 'health bar' we are still concluding on how to implement such a feature.

The error you have been en counting with google chrome is very interesting. Please tell me more about that on direct message or email.

Once again thank you very much for all the time you took playing and testing the features!

If you could just sum up all these and say which you think are the most important in relation to making the game better, that would be great! :) You could create a new thread.
  4. Hardcore Hamster Corporal

Message Count:
    interesting read was great looking at what you thought. I agree with some of these suggestions. could turn into a thread?
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I plan to split up some of his points into threads in the upcoming week :)
  6. Yoruno Corporal

Message Count:
    Yay points! Thanks you two for reading and giving some answers (and points). It's good to know its been read as it was a fairly big wall of text..
    I understand your answers except the probe one, i assume it was the answer for not being able to see terrain status in raid. What i meant was when you click on a terrain you have "Info" at bottom left letting you read what kinda terrain it is and such. But in raid "Wait".. or was it "End Turn"? is there instead, with no info button to check terrain.

As for chrome problem it might have been something along the line of "delete/backspace pressed > remove displayed text" but no "remove the letters that has been input". Or it might not be that, programming quite isn't my forte. =x

If i have to sum up and pick what i think is the most important, id say bug fixes and user interface/ tooltips. My opinion is that balancing and more contents can be done later but for a start players are likely to give up fast if the contents/features they first see are not working properly, or got no clue on how they work.

And it would be great if you make the threads, i don't know how i should be splitting them so chances are ill make a mess lol.
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    When you say terrain status what do you mean by this? Yes you cannot get the information on buildings when in raid but the probe will highlight hidden troops if in its given range :)

Okay great we will definitely turn some of these into discussions :) I have some great debates lined up! A competition starting next week as well for you to look forward too!
  8. Yoruno Corporal

Message Count:
    For example the info of Clear terrain is "Open terrain offers no cover and has little or no resources to be scavenged.", for Ruined Building is "Buildings can only be entered by foot soldiers and probes, and allow them to hide inside.", for Forest it was "Trees allow ground units to hide and offer medium protection from incoming fire.". I missed what toxic one was, there was crater too. From my game time it felt like buildings offer some sort of protection too, but description doesn't mention it (or it really doesn't give protection) and i don't know what "medium protection" is either, +2 armor? miss chance?
    But yeah that was the status i meant.. i should've called it description instead. =x
    And i look forward to the competition. Need to raid first to get some resource before then!
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Okay I see what you mean now, details on how strong a defense a building can offer. Interesting, thanks for clearing that up! Glad to see you have a lot of suggestions and ideas around Tactics!
  10. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Theres still time for some last suggestions everyone :)