League - Mordheim Marauders

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Cyberaddict, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    TAKING SUBMISSIONS UNTIL FEB-01-2019.
    LEAGUE STARTS ON FEB-04-2019.

As the League's commissioner, here are the rules I've designed. I am, however, open to discuss them with the community:
    1. Submit a Warband and its Roster: In this thread, post the full Roster of your Warband. The rules for Roster Posting are all there.
    2. Guidelines for Warband's creation:
      • If you can help the League stay diversified with your choice of Faction, so much the better. But by all means, play a Faction you like to play!
      • Create your Warband in the app, recruit at least one Henchman and equip your Heroes.
      • Don't abuse the Henchmen Clone bug more than once (I accidently did so myself, so everyone gets a free pass).
      • In app, your Warband's name must begin with "LoMM".
      • When you're done, take a screenshot that shows your Shards at 0/0, and insert it as a thumbnail in your Roster.
      • The Roster you submit there is final and locked for Week #1 matches (to avoid metagaming). The only exception to this are the few Premium Items that are allowed in the League. You are entitled to add them later, prior to the first game.
    3. This Warband will exclusively play scheduled PVP games against other registered Warbands. Exception to this is the Weekly Ticket vs AI (see below). Failure to comply will result in a ban from the League.
    4. Matchups will be announced once a week, on Mondays:
      • Get in touch with your opponent, set up a time and date for your match (beware of time zones), and show up on time.
      • The matchups announcement will specify which player gets to decide who will host the game (highest League Score, or random).
      • Use Discord to sync host/join, and the new password PVP feature.
      • Score League Points : +3 if you Win, or +1 on a Draw (see below).
    5. How to deal with Disconnections:
      • If you Disconnect after Turn 1, shame on you. You get a Loss, no Shard or Experience, still suffer from the Casualties, and opponent is encouraged to post here how pathetic you or your connection are.
      • If the game suffers a Disconnect during Turn 1:
        • Have you got Shards or Experience? If you did, this free win takes away your Weekly Ticket vs AI (see below). You can sell Shards, but you can't do anything else until you resolve the next step.
        • Reboot device and app. Try again when opponent is ready. If it disconnects again on Turn 1, it's a Draw (that's sad, but we can't go on forever).
        • If you didn't get Shards or Experience from this second Disconnection, you get another Weekly Ticket vs AI (or get back the one you just lost).
    6. Weekly Tickets vs AI: Once per week, after the scheduled game is over, you can play one (and only one) game vs AI. Use this opportunity to farm Shards/Experience, and/or unlock a new map/location (win or lose doesn't matter).
    7. Post results and update your Roster:
      • Tell us who won in PVP, and how (in that week's thread).
      • In the Roster thread, copy/paste/edit your previous Roster to update it, after any upgrades (Skills, Equipment, Creatures, Henchmen and Hired Swords).
      • Insert a screenshot (as thumbnail) to confirm your Treasury, Shards and Rating (the total Shards there will identify cheaters).
    8. League's House Rules :
      • Unless noted otherwise, you can do whatever the app lets you do.
      • Hired Swords : You can't have more than one of each.
      • Fate : I don't want a pay-to-win League. But Developers gave us a pretty nice app, and they deserve a good pay. Thus, you can use Fate tokens for...
        • First Hired Sword : Anytime after Week #3 is over and as long as you have 4+ Heroes in your Warband.
        • Hired Swords 2-4 : Anytime after at least 3 weeks have passed since you last hired one with Fate tokens.
        • Rat Ogres : Treated like Hired Swords.
        • For any of the above, you should mention it when you update your Roster.
        • Hats, Masks, Morrs Lanterns, Reviving a Dead Hero or Refreshing the Store/Tavern is allowed.
        • You are NOT allowed to spend Fate on Creatures (other than Rat Ogre), Single Use Items and Conversion to gold crowns.
    REGISTERED PLAYERS/WARBANDS (last update: Jan-24-2019).
    (Forum/Discord - Warband - Faction - Treasury, Shards, Rating)
    1. Cyberaddict/Cyberaddict - The Ratapampams - Skaven - 8, 0/0, 44
    2. ...
    Prabdeep Bazaz likes this.
  2. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Note that after each game, it is expected that players post their results on this forum, as well as an update on team progression (XPs, levels, skills, acquisitions and new gear). This to prevent cheating.

Also, and unless ther is strong opposition to this measure, I would like to keep Injuries and Death permanent in this league. Opponent can see if your Out of Action Heroes are Injured or Dead, so it is expected you post as many screenshots to confirm the seriousness on the Injuries.
  3. Adam Smith Lead Programmer

Message Count:
    I like the sound of this! Do you know about the private game feature that's due in the next release?
  4. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I heard about it. But I don't feel it's necessary to wait for that feature to start the League and take submissions. I've already had some PVP games with specific players. We just need good communication and timing to launch a game and join it before someone else does.

But a private game feature with passwords will be a great addition to make our life simpler and avoid unwanted matchups. :)
  5. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Updated opening post.
    Can't someone do some marketing on this? Facebook? Twitter?
  6. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    I'll send out a message some time this week :)
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Added a new House Rule in the opening post (Fate to gold is prohibited). And stated in the Create your Warband section that Henchmen cloning is only permitted once (gee, I wish all units of the same type would just have the same average stats).
  8. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    It has been brought to my attention that there probably was too much rules and bookkeeping for a mobile app. But I don't think it's as worse at it appears to be.
    1. Posting your Warband Roster on Week #0 will probably be the hardest thing to do. Fortunately for you, I've put up the Template already. Just copy and paste, pick your own color, and edit the data.
    2. Updating from week to week should not take much time. Just quote your last Roster, remove the quotes, and edit the few numbers that need editing. Copy/Paste/Edit one entry if you add a Henchman or Hired Sword. Then upload a thumbnail screenshot of your Shards/Rating/Treasury.
    I'll come up with some other adjustments to make reporting results more simple. I really hope we can make this League working...

Of course, if Developpers can come up with features for Leagues, all that won't be necessary. If Developpers are listening, here's what would be good :
    • Lock a Warband from playing other PVP or vs AI if it ever joins a League.
    • All maps should be unlocked for League matches.
    • Ignore turn 1 Disconnections, and let players retry until they get at least to turn 2. If there's a DC after that, that's a Loss for the one who raged quit or has a bad connection. Also, ignore DC due to Server problems.
    • Warbands should only be able to play a game against their next opponent. No need to advance from week to week if everybody plays a match per day.
    • Allow the commissionner to set some preferences, like permanent Casualties, and limits on Fate usage (Leagues and tournaments are not the place for heavy pay-to-play).
  9. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I removed all the screenshots requirements, except for Roster update (to see Shards total). And I simplified the rules and reporting, overall.
    • No more needs to report the Shards and Experience earned from each mission.
    • No longer necessary to screenshot the DC, Victory or Defeat screen.
    • etc.
    Hopefully, these changes will make it easier and less stressful for players to join the league.

Edit : Also, I've added a screenshot to my Roster (see other thread).
  10. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I’m thinking about adding a Tournament in the League... If we can get 8 players, for example, there could be Play-Offs (7 games, one vs each other Warband). The schedule for all these 7 weeks could be posted ahead, all at once. And players could get through their matches in less than a week if all participate and play fast (the « weeks » could be virtual, and not a real 7 days period). That's still enough time to buy at least 2 Hired Swords. When the Play-Offs are over, we can set up quarter finals (with the matchups being determined by the score of each), then semi-finals and finals to determine the winner of the season.

I can see this going on for multiple seasons if people are intersted and there's enough players. And if players get added to the League along the way, we can either put the new Warbands in another division, or let players submit a trained Warband within guidelines (a certain number of Shards, so all have got approximately the same number of games).

Just another idea...
  11. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    I like the idea of a organized PVP system. Some good items above such as limiting Hired sword types to 1. But given that this is a mobile game, I think this should simplified as most players want convenience and not having to track everything.

1) Have a warband rating limitation which increases each week. For example first week no higher than 100, then 150, 200, etc. That way you don't have to post screen shots of shards or have to limit your AI matches to 1 a week. People can play as many AI matches as they want, but they are still held accountable to the max rating limit. So if they farm a whole bunch of skill points, that's ok as long as they don't spend it. I think this will work better for the casual gamer. For example, if they are busy one week, they can farm AI extra and save the skill points for the next week.

2) I don't think there should be any limitation on fate spending. We want to support the developers so they will continue to invest time in improving the game. I understand you want to avoid pay 2 win, but having the weekly rating limit will do that.

3) With # 1 and 2 in place, all that needs to be tracked is the one PVP matchup and the W/L results.
    Jesse Shaffer likes this.
  12. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Thanks Shangular for your opinion.

I've given the League much thoughts, and talked with many people in private, and it needs some changes or it will fail getting any submissions. I was hoping people would be excited enough about Organized Play and serious PVP opportunity to actually commit some time to the management of their participation. But that seems to be too much work...

The app desperately needs features to support Leagues and Tournaments, but we're not there yet.

I think we should split the idea in two:

1- An Eternal League, with a Rating limit that increases every week. That way, players can still play vs AI and get funky with Fate as long as their Skills and Equipment keep them in that range. Also, newcomers can join along the way with Warbands of appropriate Rating. Once in a while, we could also start a new division for fresh Warbands.
    2- A Tournament League, with a bit more restrictions (but less than I was proposing). This is what I envisioned, and why I've set some pretty serious obligations on players. In a Tournament/Professional setting, we want things crisp and clear to avoid cheaters, but I think I may have found a way to do that with less restrictions anyway...

Stay tuned. I'll post an update on this League soon, and will create another one. The two should satisfy the needs of all. :)
    Amaan Shawkath likes this.
  13. Shangular Major

Message Count:
    A Tournament league is great idea too. With that it would be nice if there were Tier levels so that people can use their existing warbands to complete. So for example:

Super Light Weights: 200 max rating
    Light Weights: 500 max rating
    Middle Weights: 1,000 max rating
    Heavy Weights: 3,000 - 4,500 rating
    Super Heavy Weights: >10,000 rating

or something like that. 4,500 rating should be a threshold somewhere because that's the Pit rating (last campaign map).

OR....this is to the developers, if you can give us the ability to re-allocate skill points (charge us some Fate to do so), we can take existing warbands and tailor them to certain tier levels.
    Jesse Shaffer likes this.
  14. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:
    Just curious what if anything is created or going on atm.
    Id be very interested in being involved