Legendary Tournament!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Legendary-Tournament.jpg

This Thursday, there will be a Legendary Tournament taking place (lasting for one week) to determine the Best 3 Mordheim players!

The winners will receive a custom Gold, Silver or Bronze icon (depending on their final positions).

The Tournament code will go live with the new update this Thursday!

Make sure to keep your eyes on it!

Requirements:

- To enter the Tournament, you will need a Warband with a Max Power Rating of 100.
- No limit on the Power Rating increase after joining

(If this Tournament is a success, then we will run more in the future!)​

Last edited:

Shangular

Brigadier
Did you want to add that all games played must be within the Tournament? i.e. you can't farm tons of AI matches to increase your warband rating after you enter?

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Did you want to add that all games played must be within the Tournament? i.e. you can't farm tons of AI matches to increase your warband rating after you enter?
That won't be a requirement for this tournament. We may add a requirement like that in future events depending on the evaluation of the previous tournaments.

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
The new update is available now!

You can download the update on Browser, Android and Apple.

The Legendary Tournament will start at 5pm UK time on the 4th March. (The code will be posted at this time).

Last edited:

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
It's fine if people want to play AI games after they have signed up, they wont count to the score and it is the only way to unlock new maps. We will monitor it to see if is an issue this time round but we are not expecting it to be.

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Legendary Tournament code –

Enter “LGBattle” in Tournament Play

(Case sensitive)

Tournament ends on the 11th March at 5pm UK time.​

Last edited:

Mork

Major
It seems that unlike in regular PVP-matches there is no matching-restriction concerning the power-ranking-difference between members of the tournament ?

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
Yep that's right, tournaments play just like the table campaign with friends; everyone starts the same but some will get further ahead. We do have the underdog system in place as compensation; the bigger the difference in power the bigger the reward and lower the chance of injury for the lower power warband.

Mork

Major
Ok, I see.
But have in mind, that not everyone starts the same.
Played e.g. against another warband on the map Desolation.
So there are very old warbands which might come with hugh amounts of spared skill points and / or gold which can be used to easily level up very fast and can win in that way the Tournament automatically.

Shangular

Brigadier
Tbh, I love the open rating match-ups. This is what PvP is all about where the best fight the best. No one can hide behind a low rating to avoid strong teams and farm weak or beginner teams. Most of the teams I'm facing recently are the ones on the top of the rankings which is perfect.

Don't necessarily agree with you that having access to higher maps or using a older warband lets you win automatically. With the map, both warbands fighting have an equal chance to get any random shards. Also those using old warbands would have to sacrifice existing warriors to get the rating down to 100. But if a player is willing to make that sacrifice, why not? Plus this question was asked in advance of the tournament to confirm that it is okay to use old warbands vs starting a new one and Legendary confirmed it was on Discord. Thus any player could do this so its fair game.

What I've noticed though is some players are willing to invest time to farm AI during the tournament and others aren't so leads to matchups with rating differences. Whether or not you choose to farm AI is up to the player, but again any player can farm AI so this should be no issue in terms of fairness.

Of course, those willing could also spend real money and quickly level up their warband.

But to make this Tournament format more competitive and fun, I'd recommend the following adjustments for future tournaments:

1) Add a max rating limit to stay in the tournament. Hopefully not to hard to program, but i.e. make it max 100 to enter the tournament and max 500 to remain in the tournament. That way, players have routes to either farm AI, spend real money, etc. but in the end, they reach the same place.

2) Make it a 3 day Tournament instead of a 7 day. Perhaps Fri - Sun every other week? Why 7 day is too long is that after the first few days, you really know who has a shot at the 3 spots and who has no chance. Atm, I only ever face 4 different warbands. I think most have given up because they feel there isn't a point to play because they can't catch up. Similar to a TT campaign where we call it good after a month because it really only comes down to a few teams and there is no incentive for new teams to enter or play. Therefore, make it a 3 day tournament and have a regular schedule (like every other week or every 3rd weekend so something like that). This allows new players to plan for the next event.

Mork

Major
Of course it's absolutely ok to play on higher maps.
My point is, that this indicates old warbands which might have brought hugh amounts of spared skill points and / or gold with them, not having the necessity to spend much time in farming AI because they can directly use their gold or formerly spared skill points to level up.

hughnelson

Private
I do not feel that you should limit what people can do within the tournament with regards to AI matches would work, as it would mean just sitting with the app open waiting for PvP matches to be available, and doing nothing else.
Maybe its the 100 starting strength thats wrong. The only way to prevent players from keeping gold or experience to use as soon as the tournament starts is to make everyone start with a brand new group of the captain and starting gold only. That would be a fair way to deal with how players start.
I have noticed that what happens in the tournament is that the players that play the most frequently are the ones at the top, and that is probably as it should be.
I would agree that the tournament length is long and it appears people have given up. At the start I seemed to play everyone but now its just the players in the top 6.
What i find is that even when you play and loose against high ranking players you get a reasonable number of shards, so if you play a lot you will get shards and experience even if you loose the match. That is how it should be.

Last edited:

Mork

Major
What do you mean by "play the mist" ?
When Legenday announced "The Legendary Tournament will start at 5pm UK time on the 4th March" I assumend, it would be finished some hours later at midnight.
So I was very surprised to find it for lasting one week!
:D

hughnelson

Private
What do you mean by "play the mist" ?
When Legenday announced "The Legendary Tournament will start at 5pm UK time on the 4th March" I assumend, it would be finished some hours later at midnight.
So I was very surprised to find it for lasting one week!
:D
play the most. i should have spell checked