Legendary Tournament!

Shangular

Brigadier
I do not feel that you should limit what people can do within the tournament with regards to AI matches would work, as it would mean just sitting with the app open waiting for PvP matches to be available, and doing nothing else.
Maybe its the 100 starting strength thats wrong. The only way to prevent players from keeping gold or experience to use as soon as the tournament starts is to make everyone start with a brand new group of the captain and starting gold only. That would be a fair way to deal with how players start.
I have noticed that what happens in the tournament is that the players that play the most frequently are the ones at the top, and that is probably as it should be.
I would agree that the tournament length is long and it appears people have given up. At the start I seemed to play everyone but now its just the players in the top 6.
What i find is that even when you play and loose against high ranking players you get a reasonable number of shards, so if you play a lot you will get shards and experience even if you loose the match. That is how it should be.
Perhaps another suggestion is to mix up the starting max ratings. So if a 3 day tournament was done every other weekend, the first weekend of the month has a max of 100 and the one on the third weekend of the month has a max to 1,000. That way players who've developed their warbands can compete.

My ideal PvP system would be to have rankings based on a PvP rating that goes up or down depending if you win and the rating of the opponent you defeat instead of PvP Shard count. For example, you beat a high ranked opponent, your rating goes up a lot. You beat a low ranked, it goes up slightly. That way, it's truly the best PvPer that wins, not just the one who plays the most. But I know that this would require sizable programming and I don't anticipate this would occur anytime in the near future, especially since the work priority will be Necromunda.

hughnelson

Private
Perhaps another suggestion is to mix up the starting max ratings. So if a 3 day tournament was done every other weekend, the first weekend of the month has a max of 100 and the one on the third weekend of the month has a max to 1,000. That way players who've developed their warbands can compete.

My ideal PvP system would be to have rankings based on a PvP rating that goes up or down depending if you win and the rating of the opponent you defeat instead of PvP Shard count. For example, you beat a high ranked opponent, your rating goes up a lot. You beat a low ranked, it goes up slightly. That way, it's truly the best PvPer that wins, not just the one who plays the most. But I know that this would require sizable programming and I don't anticipate this would occur anytime in the near future, especially since the work priority will be Necromunda.
I do think that the only way to level the field to start the tournament would be only to allow starting gangs, as gold and stored xp don't show up in gang power. I know everyone can do the same with storing up these variables but it cannot be factored in. You could have a gang rating 100 with 3 or 4 members that have 100's unspent xp 1000's gold a batch of good unequipped stuff like heavy armour and guns or even more. Going up against a fang with 100 rating and no stocked stuff. when this happens you get a gang that could easily become 600 rating before its first game. That is the unlevel playing field that can only be leveled by having starting gangs.
I agree about having occasional tournament with high level gangs as it would allow our well developed gangs to compete with each other.
What you suggest about the way top 3 are determined by win rate is valued way to see what happens. But shards is why we are in mordheim so i can understand why this is the tournament is judged.

Last edited:

Mork

Major
I do not feel that you should limit what people can do within the tournament with regards to AI matches would work, as it would mean just sitting with the app open waiting for PvP matches to be available, and doing nothing else.
Maybe its the 100 starting strength thats wrong. The only way to prevent players from keeping gold or experience to use as soon as the tournament starts is to make everyone start with a brand new group of the captain and starting gold only. That would be a fair way to deal with how players start.
I have noticed that what happens in the tournament is that the players that play the most frequently are the ones at the top, and that is probably as it should be.
I would agree that the tournament length is long and it appears people have given up. At the start I seemed to play everyone but now its just the players in the top 6.
What i find is that even when you play and loose against high ranking players you get a reasonable number of shards, so if you play a lot you will get shards and experience even if you loose the match. That is how it should be.
Hm... Inquisitive By Nature had a Ranking of 1211 last night.
I love the idea of consecutive Tournaments giving you the opportunity to develope your warband on a way through a whole campaign. But if there is already one warband in such an overmighty position I don't see the motivation to go on even for that warband. It can't really be funny or challenging in some way to win every match without any effort?

Last edited:
Tournament is running fine to me. Having outmaching player on top doesn't hinder much of the fun aslong as they play fun rather then hunting xp. Thus going against inquisitive by nature was good deal of laugh all among even through he ended up winning all among. Not to forger that it's also on of the players that is frequently present , offer good maps to match on and that actual Underdog system does the trick making such encounters a good way to raide tour team faster , grab loot and for minimal pain as injuries get to very low levels when warband rating reach abysimal gap.

On the wonderings that came to me while playing, I Guess that if two warbands ends up with dame rating in one of the 3 top list ranking, they'd both grab the price as they do appear with same #ranknumber on the board but yet they are listed on warband rating order rather then alphabetic one so I may have it wrong and only 1 reward is to be given to each 3 first ranks ?

And last thoughts were for proposer tweacks to futur tournaments.
On the beguinning with fresh New warbands I'd adjust it as days goes on , so that entering a tournament mid-way would be feasible without outbalancing top much.

On higher experienced warbands tornaments my 2cts would go for only raising the upper limite but keeping lower one as low as 0.

Another thing that could mâle tornaments a beast of it's own, would be to have special Gear to launch encounters akin to treasure maps but offering tornament games ( chose a map to meet others in PvP, possibly with random missions or to ne selected by opponent ?)

hughnelson

Private
Hm... Inquisitive By Nature had a Ranking of 1211 last night.
I love the idea of consecutive Tournaments giving you the opportunity to develope your warband on a way through a whole campaign. But if there is already one warband in such an overmighty position I don't see the motivation to go on even for that warband. It can't really be funny or challenging in some way to win every match without any effort?
I lnow day 1 pf the tournament was good mix with a few bands swapping the top positions.I have had wins and losses against most of the teams in the top 15. But when that warband arrived it was goodnight Vienna as they quickly took number 1 and won every match. I have not even managed to out of action even 1 member. However the rules have allowed for this to happen legitimately. Hopefully the next tournament will offer a more level playing field.
NIGHT TERROR

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
LG-Battle-updates3.jpg
Congratulations to the Top 3 of the Legendary Tournament! They will receive a custom icon in-game!

Inquisitive By Nature

Night Terror

Die Grabunholde

Thanks to everyone for taking part in the Legendary Tournament, there will be more in the future!​

Mork

Major
Hi and thanks a lot to Legendary for hosting this Tournament and all members for joining!
Had a lot of funny and awesome moments! :)
Love the bronce icon, it fits perfectly well with my creepy Skaven "Die Grabunholde".
:cool:

hughnelson

Private
Hi and thanks a lot to Legendary for hosting this Tournament and all members for joining!
Had a lot of funny and awesome moments! :)
Love the bronce icon, it fits perfectly well with my creepy Skaven "Die Grabunholde".
:cool:
Hi Mork where did you find your icon? I cannot find mine.

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
Well played everyone. I had a go as well and enjoyed every battle no matter how outclassed I was at my own game.

We'll set up a poll soon and canvass opinion on rules changes for the next one.