Less chance of injury... really?

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I got a PvP matchup, as the Underdog (+1 xp, less chance of injury). I made a mistake and was quite destroyed by my opponent. However, out of the 6 units that were put Out Of Action, one was killed (Dead), and THREE suffered injuries serious enough to miss the next battle. So 4 out of 6 got something pretty bad. I though, as the Underdog, you would really suffer lesser chances of injuries. Was this only the RNG that hated me?

I actually experienced something similar this week, when an opponent (with +6 underdog bonus) suffered serious injuries playing against me, on two of his 4 units. These numbers break the odds, no?

Anyway, please tweak this feature so that when a player is accidentally matched up against the wrong opponent, his Warband won’t suffer long term consequences. Thanks.
  2. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Hehehehehe......the world is cruel. And Mordheim legendary bull$#1t RNG is twice as much.
    studer1972 likes this.
  3. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Again, same problem. Underdog (260 vs 520, Sisters vs Undead), and got wiped out. Less chance of injury???
    • Pit Fighter will miss next game.
    • A Sister will also miss next game.
    • Three (3) others suffer from serious conditions (miss a game and penalty to stats).
    • Another died, but was revived by Morr's Blessing.
    That's 6 out 8 that did suffer an injury (75%). Yesterday, it was 4 out 6. Frankly, I don't lose often in PvP (win rate is 85-90%), and it always happen as the Underdog. So I take it in stride, confident that "less chance of injury" will do its job.

Since last update, it really hasn't performed as usual. Can this be investigated? The players pool is not that big, and it happens when we're matched against overwhelming odds. Since you can't fix the matchmaking and the size of the crowd, can you please make sure that "less chance of injury" will feel like there are, indeed, less chances of injury? Maybe remove Death and Serious Injuries (stats penalties and miss 3 games) from the possible results when we're the Underdog?

Please, don't tell me it's the RNG. Something is either broken and it needs fixing, or the function is not programmed to make a tangible difference.

And I don't tell this only for myself. I think about the noobs and less experienced players I've demolished, thinking they were protected by the "less chance of injury" shield. It seems that protection is not very effective. As it is, it's more and more tempting to just disconnect, and I understant why I've suffered more disconnections lately than before. And I beleived "less chance of injury" was in part there to encourage players to suffer the wipe out without disconnecting. If people stop beleiving in that concept, disconnection is the safe way to go.

Thanks for your consideration.
  4. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Looks like it was just bad luck. It is a reduced chance, not no chance. I do notice that when my warband is an underdog, my warriors usually get full recovery. When my opponent is the underdog, I notice that when I kill someone, the result mostly says Out of Action vs Injured or Dead, although Dead is still possible :) I think the RNG is working fine, it's just bad luck.
  5. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Maybe you are right, but 10 serious injuries out of 14 results, it seems far stretched to be just bad luck. The function seems to not be working as intended. Or if it's the intended effect, I think LG would do well to tweak the odds a bit more in favor of the Underdog. My 2 cents.
  6. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
  7. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    I stopped beleiving that bad luck nonsense. My record in PvP with that Warband was 12-1 before that match. I got destroyed by Skaven (in a single turn, on turn 3 ; opponent didn't even needed to activate his units a second time), and I was clearly the Underdog (got the bonus, and all). I don't mind losing, it's part of the game. Matriarch got away and sounded the retreat. The rest? 4 out 4 got an injury.

Reduced chance of injury? Nope. Not at all. I get results that really beat the odds, and thats 3 in a row.

Frankly, it feels as if the odds of injuries are increasingly higher for my Warbands (instead of decreased). And I'm pretty sure it's only like that since the last update. I felt no need to complain prior to that.

Mainly, I'm thinking about these noobs that I destroy 95% of the time. If they suffer injuries like I do as the Underdog, no surprise it's hard to get a PvP game : intelligent people avoid that like the pest. Now, I understand why my opponents disconnect the moment it's getting hot. They know the drill, they know there will be a lot of injuries.
  8. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention, the team are investigating it now
    studer1972 and Cyberaddict like this.