Major Bug: Missing warband members after new patch

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Double Misfire, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Hi,

I just removed the latest beta and reinstalled the main version of the game in order to play around with gilding in the new update, and members of my two main warbands have gone walkabout.

The Halfling (in 8th position) in my Reiklander warband is missing, and the Warrior Priest (7th position) and Halfling (8th) in my Witch Hunters are missing in camp. The remainder of my Reiklander warband is still selectable on the camp screen, but the Witch Hunters aren't, as if one of the missing warband members' model had failed to load.

Wandering off is fairly in character for halflings, but less for for a warrior priest - please help! :(
  2. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    The new, new update that went out late late last night seems to have returned the two missing members to my Witch Hunter warband, but my Reikland Halfling is still missing. I was very fond of him, what do I have to cook to get him back? :(:(
  3. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Hey Double Misfire,

Could you let me know the name of the warband that has the missing Halfling, I'll look into this for you
    Double Misfire likes this.
  4. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:

Thanks Amaan. :)

They're the Bögenhafen Bushwhackers (with an umlaut on the "o").

Please don't go to too much trouble, I don't have masses of free time to play Mordheim at the moment and am happy to wait if you've got more important issues to deal with.
  5. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    It's no bother :) I don't suppose you remember the stats of the Halfling so we can directly match it? If not no worries but the halfling we add might not be the same stat wise to the one you lost.
  6. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:

He had 5 starting wounds and (irc) 43 starting initiative (I can't remember the rest of his stats); was equipped with a dagger of some kind, sling, lucky charm, rope and hook, lantern, healing herbs, halfling companion (the basic kind) and either a red thunderer hat or visored helm (honestly can't remember which); I think he had three or four advances.

If it's possible can I please, please not have a replacement halfling with a mohawk :D ;)
    (grey hair, side parting and sideburns would be optimal, but I'm not that fussy)

Thank you for this!
  7. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    Any eta on when my halfling will be returning/replaced? :)
  8. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Hey DoubleMisfire,

I'll get on top of this today, just be aware you won't be able to use the game whilst we're making the changes. Let me know in a DM once you're off the game and ready for us to modify your data.
  9. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    He's on the case - it is tricky (playing with the matrix) and we need to find a right time to sync the server and client. Amaan can you drop double missfire a line on when he needs to log off.
  10. Ewan Lamont
    Administrator

Message Count:
    You beat me to it....
  11. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    Hey DoubleMisfire,

Your Halfling should now be back, safe and sound, in your warband :D Could you just double check to make sure everything look okay? It might say the warband was moved to another device but you should just be able to redownload it from the Download panel
  12. Double Misfire Major

Message Count:
    He's back! (or at least a very similar version of him is) and with the hairstyle requested, thank you! :D

Purely out of interest, do you guys have any idea what caused him to originally disappear?
    Amaan Shawkath likes this.
  13. Amaan Shawkath Quality Assurance

Message Count:
    It was the issue with the Halfling names we fixed quite recently. For some reason, some names had "illegal characters" which caused data saving to fall over.

But, that's all been fixed so you shouldn't have any issues with this halfling updating now :)
    Oscar and Double Misfire like this.