Major improvements have been made to multiplayer battles!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Necromunda-Gang-Skirmish-Logo__.png
At its heart, Necromunda: Gang Skirmish is a multiplayer game, but we only want to serve up fun, competitive games that a player has a chance of winning. In response to player feedback, we have reduced the number of three-way battles you will participate in and have changed some spawn points on certain maps! Games will now be more enjoyable with new tactical ways of playing. Nothing is sweeter than crushing a friend in battle.

Other changes made based on player feedback include:

Reduced the chances of injures occurring and length of injuries
More information presented on the post-battle results screen
Fixed issues relating to Line of Sight
Dodge skill no longer works when Stunned
Added block PvP in settings for players who prefer grinding on the Ai

Download the update below
Android
Apple

Let us know your thoughts on the changes down below!

ICYMI – The Necromunda: Gang Skirmish Beta is back up and running. French, Spanish, Italian, German and Russian translations have been added and need testing. If you are interested in testing the game, reply to this thread or if you’re a current tester and want access to the game again, reply to the Beta post here – https://forums.legendary-games.com/index.php?threads/new-beta-is-now-live.7634/

Thanks!

nahar

Private
Waiting too long for other player move. If smb left game I stay without any options....Van Saar Flashlights is the name of shame. Have to close app and lost 50 points.

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
devs please set PVP enabled by default. Many of us had not realized that it was disabled :(
We will but too many edge cases were cropping up with people getting unwinnable matchups and leaving a one star review. Once we are back to a 4 star average at least and we are 100% confident PvP will be fun for all we will reset it to being the default.

Vraxious

Private
We will but too many edge cases were cropping up with people getting unwinnable matchups and leaving a one star review. Once we are back to a 4 star average at least and we are 100% confident PvP will be fun for all we will reset it to being the default.
Can get behind this 100%, can we get the deaths toned down in underdog matches. Really dint mind outside my HAB so much

Shangular

Brigadier
I think a good way for players to provide feedback on balanced matchups is if we can see our opponent's power rating. That way we know if we got killed because they much higher rating or because of some other mechanics.

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to work out where to put this is a bit harder in Necro. We put it in the mission match up text in Mordheim, so players knew in advance what they were up against. Most of the big balance issues we have had though is, on reflection, a skill or weapon being too low a weighting on power rating. The best thing we can do is examine individual matches that are flagged by players and beta testers are being "outrageously imbalanced" and look at what skill and equipment selections appear on gangs that win/lose a lot more than others.

Shangular

Brigadier
Trying to work out where to put this is a bit harder in Necro. We put it in the mission match up text in Mordheim, so players knew in advance what they were up against. Most of the big balance issues we have had though is, on reflection, a skill or weapon being too low a weighting on power rating. The best thing we can do is examine individual matches that are flagged by players and beta testers are being "outrageously imbalanced" and look at what skill and equipment selections appear on gangs that win/lose a lot more than others.
For the location, I'd recommend putting under the Objective box that pops up when you click on the ? in the top right corner. Perhaps add and Opponent Rating: xxxx at the bottom part.

I think this will be helpful because a couple of examples, today, I ran a Guilders mission with 6 people, 6,300 power rating. I easily killed my opponent. Had that opponent been a live player, there could have been complaints about being over matched. But was being over matched due to the fact that their rating was perhaps only 3,500 and was facing a 6,300 gang? or was a mechanic broken.

Another example is the complaints about bolters being OP. Imo, bolters are fine as is. When I was testing it out, I noticed that bolters add a sizable amount of power rating when equipped (I see this as similar to the situation with the Hochland Rifle with Scope in Mordheim) where it is a powerful ranged weapon, but has a high rating impact. Thus again, if your gang is armed with shotguns and autoguns facing a gang armed with bolters, my guess it that bolter gang probably has a rating that is almost double than yours. Thus perhaps the issue isn't the bolter, but perhaps if the shotgun gang invested in skill points to improve abilities and maybe add some speed and combat skills, they could match that bolter gang via either close combat tactics or other tactics vs a straight shootout.

So seeing the opponent's rating helps to eliminate one possible variable of the mismatch.

Vraxious

Private
For the location, I'd recommend putting under the Objective box that pops up when you click on the ? in the top right corner. Perhaps add and Opponent Rating: xxxx at the bottom part.

I think this will be helpful because a couple of examples, today, I ran a Guilders mission with 6 people, 6,300 power rating. I easily killed my opponent. Had that opponent been a live player, there could have been complaints about being over matched. But was being over matched due to the fact that their rating was perhaps only 3,500 and was facing a 6,300 gang? or was a mechanic broken.

Another example is the complaints about bolters being OP. Imo, bolters are fine as is. When I was testing it out, I noticed that bolters add a sizable amount of power rating when equipped (I see this as similar to the situation with the Hochland Rifle with Scope in Mordheim) where it is a powerful ranged weapon, but has a high rating impact. Thus again, if your gang is armed with shotguns and autoguns facing a gang armed with bolters, my guess it that bolter gang probably has a rating that is almost double than yours. Thus perhaps the issue isn't the bolter, but perhaps if the shotgun gang invested in skill points to improve abilities and maybe add some speed and combat skills, they could match that bolter gang via either close combat tactics or other tactics vs a straight shootout.

So seeing the opponent's rating helps to eliminate one possible variable of the mismatch.
[/QUOTE
Both agree and disagree with you on bolters. Seen alot of bolter gangs without side arms and they are nasty in shootouts especially in the small maps.
At range the autogun with its easier reload and range becomes about an equal match.
However for some reason damage of bolter seems to be routinely heavier than heavy stubber which both should be at about same level, excepting range.
Plasma guns seem about right detracting that shouldn’t there be a critical overheating risk with reloads rather than just difficulty?

lebonty

Private
Quite simply it's the rapid fire and 20% crit double whammy that makes it THE best weapon . Its ability to consistently deal massive damage makes it completely unrealistic IMO .

It should not be better than a plasma gun or a heavy weapon.

Shangular

Brigadier
I think bolter is still fine because of the rating impact it gives. A powerful weapon is okay as long as the ratings go up accordingly. The 20 pct crit and rapid fire match the TT impact where it does 2 wounds and has rapid fire.

Its one of the best ranged weapons, definitely not the best weapon. Not sure what that would be but I know if you run a gang with all bolters you’ll get killed against a gang with a balanced mixed of power weapons. One on one for gangers with maxed skills, I’d prefer to take a power weapon vs a bolter.

Plasma gun has a higher strength, crit and defense modifier in this game. I forgot if it’s missing rapid fire but it should also have it per TT. I know it’s missing the higher strength option where it has a chance to explode.

Looking at TT, the bolter is actually better than a heavy stubber except for the range. Heavy stubber has same strength, just more range and double rapid fire and only does one wound instead of 2 like the bolter. I.e the mobile bolter seems to match the heavy stubber comparison in TT.

Vraxious

Private
Yes!!! I want to see plasma guns overheat!!! Though under the current reload of 0 arent they basically non-reload???

i think people have hit on it. The critical hits from bolters ontop of the strength and army penetration makes them op. Got several gangs and everytime I see a bolter gang if I can’t close distance with skill its a f my life match.

by comparison the combat showgun and well shotguns in general feel over rated and underpower. Most only have 2 shots per reload at mastercraft.

Shangular

Brigadier
Yeah plasma guns can't reload, but that's the same in TT because they have the scarce trait. But in this game, the plasma gun is missing rapid fire which is probably the main reason why it doesn't seem better than the boltgun. It should have rapid fire to match TT.

Combat shotguns can be one of the most rewarding weapons if you get to fire on an opponent who's standing next to a ledge or hole in the floor :)