Map of Mordheim

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Cyberaddict, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    What's the use of that item? I know it can unlock a custom mission, but is there any point to this? Are there certain maps or scenarios that are more rewarding than others? What is the field "Time : Start/End"? Will this custom map be played just once, or it will remain available once completed? Is it against AI only, or also PVP?

Do you guys ever use this item? Or it's just garbage?

I'm at a point that my Skaven Warband, The Undefeated, are pretty well stocked. I only need to buy a few more Healing Herbs, and then I'll just donate extra gold at the Temple, or I'll buy Warpstones so my Assassin can complete his collection of spells (even though he doesn't need more than the Curse to debuff tanks). So I'm wondering if I should repeatedly buy this Map, or not.
  2. Whiskeyjack Private

Message Count:
    In general, the maps unlocked with higher rating have better drops. I've experimented a lot with the Map of Mordheim and the University District has by far the best loot. It gives the Magic Item of each faction (except Holy Books), Healing Herbs, Mad Cap Mushrooms, Maps of Mordheim, Crimson Shade, Black Lotus and Ragged Robes. I think it's the only map where you can expect to make a profit from using the Map of Mordheim.

You can replay Custom maps, but each Map of Mordheim is only usable once. The Custom scenario is always versus AI.
    Cyberaddict likes this.
  3. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    And keep the cheese in mind, too. If you play university district on Shard Hunt, you always get max shards and you can collect all those sweet loot boxes, in which you can find more maps of mordheim (it's pretty common item), that way you can easily grind consumables and money for little effort, it is like putting your money to a bank. Simply worth it, if you know what to do.
    Cyberaddict likes this.
  4. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    I never use these as they don't unlock the good maps like The Pit and Magic Quarter or even Palace Gardens.
  5. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Actually, that Map of Mordheim item is the best thing I’ve discovered about this game in a while! :) In one mission today, I found TWO Tomes of Necromancy (worth 205+ gold each). And I found two other Tomes in previous missions. Most of the time, you’ll find another Map of Mordheim, so you can rince and repeat. This trick is the best way to get rich in Mordheim, and gear up your team! :)

Also, the way the map is designed, there is a certain challenge to defeat AI (at least at low levels). To get all the treasures, you have to be spread out. Usually, two units are away when the confrontation begins, and you’re thus outnumbered. I’m farming gold with this Map to build my new Warband, « The Musketeers » (Witch Hunters, because they have the look ; featuring Cardinal de Richelieu in the role of the Warrior-Priest, and Rochefort in the role of the Elf Ranger... the face is just perfect).

Once I can get them the right gear and look, this Warband will hit PvP. It’s just otherwise embarrassing having a team called The Musketeers and fighting with clubs and axes and crossbows...
  6. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    Personnal record : found 2 Tome Of Magic and 1 Inscribed Shard in University District, on the very first mission of a new Warband. :)
  7. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    Told ya
  8. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    Ok so I did some University District testing, ran 3 games with Map Mordheim. In one run I did get a Tome of Necromancy. Others usual garbage like ragged robes, see no evil, although I did get another map so it paid for itself. I can see this as a good way to farm as you at least get enough to repurchase the map. It's not as good as Magic Quarter, but it's probably good enough to farm gold.
  9. Cyberaddict Major

Message Count:
    It definetely is enough to farm gold. You get a prime item (worth 200 gold) every 3rd or 4th run, plus 0-2 Maps of Mordheim (average 1, so you can rince and repeat for free 90% of the time). The other items are usually worth around 30 gold total, plus the Shards.

I used to do the Wyrdstone Hunt scenario, but that one is more suited for a developped team with mobility. You'll rush to find the items and the Shards, and your team will be spread out when you encounter the ennemy. This is not good for your survival if you have a low level warband (and you risk losing the items you've looted).

These days, I do the last scenario (Defend the Find) where the AI is stuck in the middle and you have 10 rounds to take control of that zone (*if* you're the attacker, so make sure you check that box on the CUSTOM menu). That means that you're totally clear to run around to get all the boxes, and if you have time, you'll get easy kills on turn 9-10 and AI won't have enough time to injure you. Even if you lose to time, you're always a winner (some experience, and all 4 boxes).