Middenheimer Marksmen

Buggritt

Major
I've been playing a bit of Middenheim recently and I have a habit of playing counter-intuitively. I quite like the fact that only the Middenheimer Captain gets ranged skills but I am struggling to see the point of grabbing a marksman with no ranged skills to speak about.

Can anyone help me see this from a different perspective? Or am I just trying to fit a square in a triangle hole?

Maybe just for the ranged back up at close range, you know, when you're just shy of the charge, but you could go for a shot with bow or gun...? A good midden marksman should be able to clobber with the best of them. Kinda versatile, if you can manage it.
It is a bit of a triangle.....

Buggritt

Major
I think I'd rather have a another dude woth a ruddy bug sword. I'm working on getting two pistols for my captain.
"What are those guns for Cap'n?"
"Close combat Lukas."

Lol.....

Let me know how you go with the pistolier skill. I haven't had much success with it, I've been sticking to swords and a single gat instead.

Buggritt

Major
Well the best thing you can do for Middenheim is keep to your strength. Make an all-melee warband and armor up.
I cannot agree with you more. I've found that I always outnumber the enemies I face. Not literally but I have more melee and so beat them down then so long as I keep my head down I can get to the back row, so to speak. I just like to be different and use things in odd ways.