Middenheimer Marksmen

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Buggritt, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    I've been playing a bit of Middenheim recently and I have a habit of playing counter-intuitively. I quite like the fact that only the Middenheimer Captain gets ranged skills but I am struggling to see the point of grabbing a marksman with no ranged skills to speak about.

Can anyone help me see this from a different perspective? Or am I just trying to fit a square in a triangle hole?
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  2. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Maybe just for the ranged back up at close range, you know, when you're just shy of the charge, but you could go for a shot with bow or gun...? A good midden marksman should be able to clobber with the best of them. Kinda versatile, if you can manage it.
    It is a bit of a triangle.....
    Buggritt likes this.
  3. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    I think I'd rather have a another dude woth a ruddy bug sword. I'm working on getting two pistols for my captain.
    "What are those guns for Cap'n?"
    "Close combat Lukas."
    TheWizardWatley likes this.
  4. TheWizardWatley Major

Message Count:
    Lol.....

Let me know how you go with the pistolier skill. I haven't had much success with it, I've been sticking to swords and a single gat instead.
  5. Chaosticket Major

Message Count:
    Well the best thing you can do for Middenheim is keep to your strength. Make an all-melee warband and armor up.
  6. Buggritt Major

Message Count:
    I cannot agree with you more. I've found that I always outnumber the enemies I face. Not literally but I have more melee and so beat them down then so long as I keep my head down I can get to the back row, so to speak. I just like to be different and use things in odd ways.