Missile combat targeting

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Sean, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Sean Private

Message Count:
    I find it really frustrating when my mage can't target someone with the magic arrows spell, but is then shot by them on the next turn! It's happened a few times now, they're not moving closer first, and I don't think it is a range thing, from what I can see.. anyone else noticed this?
  2. Whiskeyjack Private

Message Count:
    I've also seen this happen. Silver Arrows' chance of hitting is based on the caster's shooting skill. In the case of a Warlock, this will be somewhere between non-existent and bad. If the chance of hitting is 0%, the game doesn't display this. The Warlock probably can't shoot because he has no chance of hitting anything. (Silver Arrows is probably the worst spell for Warlocks - it takes something like Elven Rangers to get good value from it.)
  3. Erkebrand Major

Message Count:
    Not even with elf rangers, I have one of them with this spell, and even being close it seems not to be delivering much damage. It shows a low percentage of hitting, maybe for the low range of the ghost bow (24) compared with a long bow (36). When the hit succeeded never deals much damage. I'm agree, probably the worst spell for a warlock, you have to spend many skill points on BS to hit somebody, but if you succeed there, won't deal damage against light armoured guys.
  4. Whiskeyjack Private

Message Count:
    I use Elf Rangers with Repeater Handguns and have gotten good value from Silver Arrows, seeing as how they tend to be relatively close to their targets anyway. It is a bit more accurate than a Repeater Handgun and does respectable work, even against armoured targets. The opportunity cost is only casting Fires of U'Zhul, and Silver Arrows will almost always do better than that. 4 more shots on top of normal shooting is nothing to complain about. (Its also fun to fire 7 times in one turn.)
    However, if I'm using Elf Rangers with Hochland long rifles, there's almost no point to using it.
  5. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    Well on other hand ,being hitten 7 times by one enemy unit isn't funn ,

and there are 3 other multi class elves , and 3 hans with reapeters and blunderbusses , and one spellcaster cap ,...still won that match , he didn't put any points into initiative apparetly ;)
    CzaRus likes this.