Money for Mayhem!

Prabdeep Bazaz

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Necromunda-Update-1.2.0.jpg

In response to feedback about credit income being too detached from battle results, from this release onwards, you will be rewarded with credits for how well you do in combat missions, with patrol offering the biggest payout!

The Hab and Industry will move to give supplementary income that will accumulate over time, even when not playing - so long as you remember to leave gangers there :)

Other changes in this update include:

Fixed the PVP reputation bonus when an opponent disconnects

Download the update below
Android
Apple

- Socials -
Facebook
Twitter
Discord Server

Last edited:
View attachment 2092

In response to feedback about credit income being too detached from battle results, from this release onwards, you will be rewarded with credits for how well you do in combat missions, with patrol offering the biggest payout!

The Hab and Industry will move to give supplementary income that will accumulate over time, even when not playing - so long as you remember to leave men there :)

Other changes in this update include:

Fixed the PVP reputation bonus when an opponent disconnects

Download the update below
Android
Apple

- Socials -
Facebook
Twitter
Discord Server
Sounds good, but leaving 'men' there or gangers? O:)

Thanks for updating :)

Last edited:
Played my first cycle of against AI.

Succeed with the guilders. Earned less than 1k

Looted three out of 4 boxes in the badlands, earning around 25% of what I usually do.

Failed the patrol & earned a small amount.

Hab & slag veins earned less than usual.

Overall, whilst I admire the concept & resources earning credits as long as gang members are present, the current output for a cycle is at least 50% lower than the previous version.

What have other players found?

*-edited: The Hab output & slag vein was after an hour, so maybe leaving it overnight or a day or two will increase the credits significantly.

Played another bad zone & captured 3 boxes, again for around 25% of what I usually earn.

SOB

Last edited:

nahar

Corporal
Badzones. Team has apprx 500 willpower. 4/4 boxes = 600 credits. 2500 extra credits.

Before update I got 10000 credits and few items sending my best squad to the Badzones 538/540 willpower (5x90 and leader 88).

Its finished easy cash farming in badzonez

Badzones. Team has apprx 500 willpower. 4/4 boxes = 600 credits. 2500 extra credits.

Before update I got 10000 credits and few items sending my best squad to the Badzones 538/540 willpower (5x90 and leader 88).

Its finished easy cash farming in badzonez
On a typical complete cycle, my upkeep would be around 25 - 33% of credits earned. It's now around 50%. It's a good thing I'm sticking with lasguns, as I'd never afford a radgun, flamer, heavy stubber or Ammo Jack :)

Although my patrol against AI Goliath's earlier saw 2 lasguns & 2 laspistols facing of against some big shotgun, chainsword & heavy stubber. I was wiped out before I saw what the 4th ganger was carrying :D

Behemoth

Private
I really dislike companies that make updates like this one.

As players have noted, the update immediately and dramatically reduces resources earned during each cycle. It has done nothing at all to reduce costs. My experience has been similar, but worse. My earnings will now be about 3000 on average, but my expenses will run well over 2000, as I built my gang to maximize revenue under the old system.

In addition, my recent experience suggests that the developers have increased the wounds and death rates for out-of-action gangers, again tilting the balance toward a pay to play system. Although it is possible that this experience reflects recency bias and small sample-size, the obviously anti-player nature of this update makes me profoundly suspicious.

The new system will make both my month-old top 300 clan and my newly started one essentially unplayable without consistent injections of real-life cash.

I am beyond annoyed and frustrated. This change seems a thinly disquised cash grab rather than a change genuinely wanted by the players. The publicly provided rationale seems transparently dishonest. I recognize the companies need to make money to keep operating, but I don't support companies that annoy me and make me frustrated - not if I can help it. If Legenday games doesn't roll back this system, it will have alienated me completely. The new system emphasizes every element I disliked about the old game and minimizes the positives. If it isn't fixed, I will be simply find something else to do with my time. It is sad, as I liked the theme of the game as a table-top miniatures system, and I love the building of a gang and improvement of individual members - even with the risk of losing critical members due to fighting constantly against better-developed gangs.

That should be the challenge, having to defeat gangs far more developed than my own, not having to overcome my distate for the developers' actions and routinely buying favour to develop further.

My first, and perhaps last post ....

[shakes head resignedly at the nature of corporate arrogance and greed in the twenty-first Century]

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
For the vast majority of players, we are giving many more credits than before, you are getting paid out per battle as well as the hab and slag zones. We are very sorry to those upset about the change to the Badzone payout. The high payout rate over the last few weeks was a bug that got introduced when we improved the after-battle Rep reward. Unfortunately the fix we implemented caused the issues that some high-level players are experiencing. We will be reviewing the income levels and we are right now working on an improvement to the Badzone mission so that the payout will be greater than it is now for higher-level territories.

Behemoth

Private
Another thought. I would gladly pay decent money for a straight computer download version of the game. Have the various gangs available, an AI for solo play, and avoid the need for micro-transactions.

This approach would also help with the repeated problem of game crashes during missions that currently plague the game.

I always buy something for ftp games, as the devs need to eat, but I am still extremely peeved that I paid for this game precisely one day before this radical change to the game's economy. Caveat empire - my mistake, I suppose. I won't repeat it with any Legendary games product.

Krestobal

Private
I'm glad to see that game makers care about players requests. Some thing I've noticed except Badzones problem is the Hab and Slug vein accumulations. It seems like they stop collecting money after one hour. Is that supposed to work like this or is it another bug after an update?

Ewan Lamont

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad to see that game makers care about players requests. Something I've noticed except Badzones problem is the Hab and Slug vein accumulations. It seems like they stop collecting money after one hour. Is that supposed to work like this or is it another bug after an update?
By design. The hab and slag zone have moved to a timer payout system. The more guys with the right stat in them the faster they accumulate but will eventually max out (depending on level) so the best way to maximize cash is to come back regularly.

By design. The hab and slag zone have moved to a timer payout system. The more guys with the right stat in them the faster they accumulate but will eventually max out (depending on level) so the best way to maximize cash is to come back regularly.
I'm a lowly ranking #893 with rep 4550, though it doesn't matter as I only have chance to play ai typically.

I've been a player since launch, but with 2 small children, a full-time job & a recently completed job based qualification, I've only been able to game semi-regularly until the last couple of weeks. So it may be that my expectations of what my gang can earn has been skewed by the recent bug.

I would say that income versus expenditure has become a lot closer & whilst I can see the benefits of territories earning in real time, I don't have opportunity to play every couple of hours & some days all I can do is log in for the daily reward.

Personally, the change hasn't been great for my gang, so I'll have to see if it becomes pay to play (I'm not here to win, just enjoy some hive shootouts), which I can't justify with the little ones.

Overall, gameplay & graphics & the feel of the game is great, but it's the balance/strategy of microtransactions which may force me to leave unfortunately.

The balance of AI gangs power levels is frequently astonishing (lasguns & laspistols against Escher's with hand flamers & some template poison gun - which is why laspistols are now replaced with shivs & knuckledusters).

I'm really hoping to stay & see what gangs come next (cough: Delaque, Ratskins, Redemptionists, Muties, Arbites & Spirers, cough), so please find a comfortable balance between making money from happy gaming customers :)

SOB

Powershot

Private
For the vast majority of players, we are giving many more credits than before, you are getting paid out per battle as well as the hab and slag zones. We are very sorry to those upset about the change to the Badzone payout. The high payout rate over the last few weeks was a bug that got introduced when we improved the after-battle Rep reward. Unfortunately the fix we implemented caused the issues that some high-level players are experiencing. We will be reviewing the income levels and we are right now working on an improvement to the Badzone mission so that the payout will be greater than it is now for higher-level territories.

Powershot

Private
It’s not true!! I have all the gangs at levels from beginning to 20,000+ rating.
None of them are making more money than they were at all. Unless I only play one game a day. Feels like you killed the desire to play a few cycles at a time.
I can play two games in 15 mins on one I’ll clear nearly 4000 but have an upkeep of 2200. On the other I’ll be very lucky to clear the upkeep unless I win everything.
I really think that even if it was well meaning you need to either roll back to the better bad zones cash-or adjust the upkeep to match the income from the habs.

Behemoth

Private
I do not see how the claims that payouts are higher can possibly be accurate. My experience with my gangs is the direct opposite, and it's not even close.

I feel as if I am being misled here ....

Beyond that, I spent some considerable game time putting in place a gang to loot effectively based on the rules as they stood. That approach now needs radical alteration. I had no warning that I was wasting time and resources for a game that collects real-life money, spending scarce resources to do something this change by company fiat would render useless.

I put up with the buggy system that frequently crashed. That's now much worse, because the game normally crashes during patrols.

I've put up with the enormous mismatches every patrol (where the median attack against my dudes one-shot kills them, where I need 3-4 shots minimum to do unto others). At least I could get resources so that I could slowly, grindingly slowly build to compete. Now it's not nearly worth it. Given the cost of WIA and KIA gangers, I expect to go backward ever so slowly.

I have seen this trope before: company makes changes to increase revenue while decreasing customer satisfaction. Company denies same, trying to pass off changes as improvements for customers. I am tired of it.

If the goal was to make me so annoyed that I boycott Legendary games, then this update and the company's response has done a fabulous job.

Please put it back the way it was.

I used to earn 5-7k in bad zones and now its 800-1400 with a 450 or 600 creds bonus. Because of how much I used to earn there my gang has ballooned up to 3500upkeep and 31guys (9dead). With these changes I now lose money each cycle if I get beat in the constant hab/slag attacks and get punished for playing more than one cycle. I can understand that you want incentives to buy favour with real money but it's currently discouraging players from playing!! This cannot have been the intention surely??!! The bad zones glitch/fault WAS giving too much money but now my gangs going backwards. I would be willing to pay real money for new releases and gangs, but I am being put off by the frequency of injuries and the suspicious killing of my road captain over and over again.
PS does the ammo Jack's munitioneer skill actually do anything? It doesn't seem to. Have there been any changes to the order skill, since my cpt picked up a movement injury he can't seem to order anyone even when they're one or two squares away?!?
Overall love this game but I'm not signing up to pay money every month to heal injuries and revive dead guys, I'd suggest real money for exclusive unlocks like new house gangs, ogryn henchmen, access to spirer missions and fancy new guns or equipment. That would tempt the tight buggers like me!

So, having played a few games back to back (kids are in bed & as I cooked, my wife did the washing up) & the time element for the hab & slag & as the credits are lower for short time between games, you can actually earn less, as the upkeep remains the same. & that was even after earning 4 crates in the badzones, I barely broke even after losing a patrol & not having a guilder mission available as yet.

If the credits you earn are time sensitive, then shouldn't upkeep factor that in somehow?

Behemoth

Private
Yes, there is no possible way to make the same amount of credits - period. I ran a round today, keeping careful track. It's down roughly 50% on average, assuming that one waits a full day between cycles to get lots of hab and slag credits accumulating. If the developers genuinely aimed to provide more credits, they failed.

Not one player has reported higher returns.

Upkeep appears to remain the same.

Since the update, the serious injury and death rate for attacks against my leaders is ... 100%. They get one-shot KIA'd and then either die at an astonishly higher rate or have a lengthy, serious injury. 100% one-shot KIA or serious WIA. Small sample size and bad luck? Or a monetization plan?

Other folks are reporting similar results. It is difficult to reach any other conclusion that the update turns the game into a pay to play system.

If that's what the company wanted, it should have been upfront about that goal from the beginning.

Again, I understand that company's need to monetize games. I get the model. But I can't see spending a penny on any Legendary Game in future. I actually want my money back, as this update appears to me to be completely deceptive in its aims.

It's hardly the first time a game company has done this kind of update. Not sure why I am so annoyed about this one, but I am. Essentially, it must be that I feel deceived by another company that appears to be acting in exquisite bad faith with its rather faithful community.

If the upkeep could be reduced to account for injuries that would help I think. Matchmaking still needs a tweak too IMO. I'm running a noob squad for patrol with autopistols and decent servo claws. This four man team sometimes gets very easy matches but most often gets taken out to a man by 6 fighters with bolters n plasma's.

Powershot

Private
If the upkeep could be reduced to account for injuries that would help I think. Matchmaking still needs a tweak too IMO. I'm running a noob squad for patrol with autopistols and decent servo claws. This four man team sometimes gets very easy matches but most often gets taken out to a man by 6 fighters with bolters n plasma's.
Just take all the equipment off the injured parties and the upkeep is reduced accordingly

Just take all the equipment off the injured parties and the upkeep is reduced accordingly
Yeah I do that every time, even tho its a pain. I meant permanent injuries like minus 15 weapon skill or enfeebled -5w. It doesn't seem to reduce upkeep as your guys get slowly less effective and my most experienced gangers jump from 30 to 400 odd when fully kitted out. Less exp gangers can carry the exact same kit and come in at 250ish.