More buildings for Tactics?

KillerK1ng

Corporal
So at the moment you can't re build buildings and apart form the generating resources they don't have much of a purpose. I think there's a lot of potential for more buildings and especially defense units for Tactics. At the moment there is a nice variety but I think things like anti aircraft guns or water puddles could really improve the game. What do you think and what other building ideas do you have?

Dorsai

Corporal
Hi all :) it's exactly the point I wanted to speak about... so here some ideas...

Watchtower : Only infantry can "enter" (like APC), once inside GUN RANGE +2. If unit destroyed while inside, tower destroyed also.

Concrete Ground : Wheeled vehicel move bonus +2, NO tress will grow there ;) Harvester CANT use (too heavy)

Fortified Hanger : unit inside CANT shoot but CANT be shoot at also. Harvester CANT enter. Building has HP and can be destroyed (but should be solid)

Mechanic Hanger : A base with a mechanic Hanger repairs mechanic units 50% faster

Hospital : A base with a hospital "repairs" infantry 50% faster

Living Quarter : just "nice looking" building, for fun... and giving "cover" as the "basic destroyed buildings" there are... According to NOTORITY, the appearance of the Living quarter should change (poor and richer)

billybob

Private
Hey dorsai, you must be new, welcome! Some awesome ideas here I really like the living quarters one it woul be cool to see it changing depending on the notoriety yeah, I think more base buildings would make the game more fun and varied

Dorsai

Corporal
Hi Billybob :) yes I am new here (not so much in the game i am a somewhat active player since 1 month or so I think...

I will make a presentation topic next week when I will have some time !

Actually, the "living quarter" is a feature i liked alot (in another form) in the classic "civilisation 1 & 2" game where u can customize your palace ;)

Jon1332

Private
Hey, yeah i agree living quater would be awesome it could lead onto other things as well like name customisation and stuff and I think something really important would be a defence... like a gun mounted to the ground becuase at the moment there is no defence for flying units

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Wow, some awesome suggestions here, I'll make a note of all these... Does anyone else have any suggestions. We're thinking of big things for Tactics!

Elvelyn

Major
I like the idea of the hospital, however think it should use up a turn as a consequence and can only be used once. Maybe somewhere where you can store upgrades you scavenge? The ones you haven't unlocked. Because as it stands if you are destroyed you lose the upgrade. Then you can use them when you need for example on a grudge.

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
A storage base, great idea, this would be a nice little addition to everyone base. What would you price it at?