Movement question

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Moo, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Moo Private

Message Count:
    So, I am hoping for some clarity regarding the movement stat. Why are there two number separated by a “/“?
    For example, 4/3. I have assumed that one is for total movement and the other for figuring how far you can walk or sneak, but I’m not really sure.

Why does some armour affect only the second number while others affect both numbers? Why can’t I click on these things to get a basic description of what the heck they mean?

Thanks in advance.
    Fistandantilus likes this.
  2. Trapsinger Brigadier

Message Count:
    the numbers represent:

walk / run

walking is how far you can move with the dotted movement line and still hide or shoot. running lets you add the second number to the first for a total move distance, but limits your options after the movement, and is represented by a solid movement line in game.

humans start at 4/4 skaven start at 5/5 vampires and ogres start at 6/6

armor effects movement by weight in the following way:

weight 0 : no effect
    weight 1 : 0 / -1
    weight 2 : 0 / -2
    weight 3 : -1 / -1
    weight 4 : -1 / -2

It is impossible to go higher than weight 4 currently. Armor training reduces your weight by 3, and sprint increases your movement by +1 / +1.

For example weight 2, and weight 3 gear sets both allow for the same total running distance of 6 for a normal human, but weight 2 lets you move further and still be able to hide or shoot.

I hope that helps.
    Fistandantilus likes this.
  3. Moo Private

Message Count:
    Thank you. That is exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for.
  4. Fistandantilus Corporal

Message Count:

Yeah, i had an idea of what it ment from gaming, but didnt know the walk/run specifics. Thanks this is very useful