Mutations!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prabdeep Bazaz, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Shangular Brigadier

Message Count:
    From the 3 options presented above I'd recommend:

-More randomness - yes and increase the pct. of getting a mutation, reduce the chances of getting Dark Soul or Possessed.
    -Allow Possessed to access the Dark Pact - perhaps once a warrior becomes Possessed, let them purchase up to a total of 2 mutations using skills points. So first they'd have to purchase the Mark/Gift of Chaos skill, then one mutation afterwards up to a total of 2. I like the 2 limit to ensure balance.
    -Remove the Dark Pact - I disagree, I like having the Dark Pact mechanics as it does embody the spirit of Chaos. It's really the pct. likelihood of available outcomes that needs to be adjusted.

Also, someone made the comment that getting possessed with 8 attempts puts you behind others. I don't think so because getting Possessed gives you +10 WS, +10 Str, +3 W, +10 Ini, and +1 A. Now if you were to spend skill points normally to increase to that level, it would take 8 skills points. So it's about equal, plus even better if you get possessed in earlier attempts. On top of that, you can skill upgrade those skills additionally as normal.
    studer1972 likes this.
  2. Enajien Major

Message Count:

As long as chance to get a dark soul is zero, I am on board with keeping dark pact randomness :D Though I 100% do not agree with your 8 attempts puts you behind comment. Just because possessed get bonus stats over a normal model does not mean they have levels on that model. Warriors can wear armour and use weapons, Possessed can not. If you spent the same number of levels on a possessed as a warrior to have the same stats the warrior would be FAR FAR ahead because of gear. The possessed advantage is their base stats are higher while their gear is worse, thus balance. If you have to burn 8 levels to get a possessed who is only as good as a warrior with 8 levels the model will be bad. Not to mention it just being worse than a possessed who spent 3 levels to become one...
    studer1972 likes this.
  3. Jesse Shaffer Brigadier

Message Count:
    Thank you for being responsive. By “[m]ore randomness to the mutation system,” do you mean greater randomization to mutations only (which would be great) or the dark pact skill as a whole (which would be terrible)? I think the dark pact skill is, in principle, a great idea; it’s just the implementation that needs to be refined. I hope the first two options aren’t mutually exclusive because they honestly go together.

I’ll make one suggestion regarding the mutation system. Hideous, in its present form, is redundant. Removing Fearsome from the possessed world be a terrible way to fix this however. A much better way of doing it would be to make Hideous cause fear without immunity checks. Otherwise, Hideous should just be removed giving players one less thing to complain about while simultaneously improving their chances of getting a mutation they actually want.
    studer1972 likes this.
  4. studer1972 Corporal

Message Count:
    to sum up and give a coherent picture of my "like"s, I vote for less chance for Brethren to become darksouls, and greater chance to gain mutations or become possessed. Also allow possessed to get further mutations, please.
  5. Schmacko86 Private

Message Count:
    Just unchain mutations from dark pact and let brethern and possessed spend 2 skill points to get random mutations. Then lower dark pact to 0/6 from 0/8. That lets people who want to play mutant brethern be able to do so, guarantees possessed will always be able to get two mutations no matter if they're acquired through coven or dark pact, and ensures that people who actually like spending what precious time we have on this Earth sacrificing digital cultists to the RNG gods can continue to do so and won't have to put more total skill points than they already are into getting a possessed with two mutations.
    studer1972 likes this.
  6. studer1972 Corporal

Message Count:
    I didn't see anything on the update patch notes, but I was hoping anyway. No change to the mutation rules yet, right? Lost another Brethren to Darksoul uselessness.
  7. Prabdeep Bazaz Social Media Manager

Message Count:
    studer1972 likes this.