My Five Star Game Review!!!

So I have played over 100+ games of Mordheim in two weeks and I have to say that the game is amazing. I have to give a round of very loud applause for the incredible work the Legendary team has done putting out this work of art together. I can't say enough about how cool this game is and I am so impressed with all the tweaks and updates you are coming out with. Included below is the review I posted to the Apple App Store for this game:

"I absolutely LOVE this game! I am thrilled to say Mordheim Warband Skirmish is by far the most fun I have had playing a mobile game in years.

I am a long time GW fan and I have tried every strategy game under the sun but who knew the best tactical game on the market was actually in the fog strewn streets of Mordheim.

The designers are very responsive and good at incorporating fan ideas and feedback. They have a very good grasp of the system and have used the best mechanics of the table top game with new flourishes to make this by far the best GW app and my favorite strategy game on the market!

The exciting part is the designers are still building this game and the most popular Warbands are coming soon. Great work Legendary. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!"

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
Good on you, ScubaSteve!

As a general announcement for those who have not yet: If you enjoy the game, ratings and reviews really do help games to place better in the app stores! The more of us leave positive reviews, the more people will find the game, and consequently, the more punching bags you'll have at your disposal!! :Maniacal Laugh:

Overwatch

Community Manager
Staff member
Morjax is right, folks ;)! If you want to help support what we do here you can do so by 1. continuing to be awesome members of the community, and 2. by leaving a review telling others what you think.

All goes a long way to help to spread the word of our existence, and Mordheim: WS.

Thank you all for the kind words (if we had a heart emoticon it'd be here)

Chaggins

Private
I know morjax has done some videos on YouTube about mord WS but what about approaching some of the bigger channels that are based on wargaming ( miniwargamming,geurilla miniature gaming ) see if thay can do a review for you guys to help get the word out about the game . Truth be told I could hit them up on FB and just suggest that check this little gem out

Total agreement ScubaSteve.

Legendary has knocked it out of the park. This is the first time in a -long- time that I've not only been willing to spend money on a free to play game... but have actually done so. Thank you Legendary for putting this piece of art together. Can't wait for more!

This is the first time in a -long- time that I've not only been willing to spend money on a free to play game...
I couldn't agree more LathotHead! I actually surprised myself by how much money I spent with on MWS which was the first time I have bought any online currency ever! I am really excited to see what happens next. I hope the game is a success so Legendary feels good about putting in the resources to start rolling out more warbands and added features.

I can only remember buying free to play currency one other time, and that was PlanetSide 2. But that's a different beast entirely from MWS.

First time for me too, buying online currency (I guess that's about the best term for it). Real old school wargamers are a notoriously stingy bunch, aren't we? Probably having had to fork out so much for our hobby has made us that way....

Morjax is right, folks ;)! If you want to help support what we do here you can do so by 1. continuing to be awesome members of the community, and 2. by leaving a review telling others what you think.

All goes a long way to help to spread the word of our existence, and Mordheim: WS.

Thank you all for the kind words (if we had a heart emoticon it'd be here)

I'll be pushing this game onto my FB crew, and talking it up for you all. The more the merrier, right?

But my captain died! And skaven! And I need that 8th slot filled!
I know... I swear I spent more on MWS and I was glad to do so...

but sadly 8 Fate for Rat Ogre this may be where I have to draw the line.

Real money value translation is $2.40 for a Rat Ogre. you spend 3 fate to keep any other character from dying which is $0.90. I'm scared to find out how much it is to keep an rat ogre from dying.

I figured I'd at least give it a shot. See how long he sticks around. :D

morjax

YouTuber & Moderator
Staff member
Real money value translation is $2.40 for a Rat Ogre. you spend 3 fate to keep any other character from dying which is $0.90. I'm scared to find out how much it is to keep an rat ogre from dying.

I figured I'd at least give it a shot. See how long he sticks around. :D

For what it's worth, he seems pretty durable and beefy so far. The only downside I've hit thus far is that he doesn't gain XP, so it's best for your warband's progression if you use the ogre to soften up juicy targets, and then let your XP-gainers do the actual coup de grâce. I've not had him drop yet in the few games I've used him in, so I'm not sure what the death chances are, nor the cost to keep him up and running.

At least the ogre can't be robbed...?

Real money value translation is $2.40 for a Rat Ogre.
At least the ogre can't be robbed...?
Yes the Rat Ogre can't be robbed, congratulations the game is fixed, party on.

Maybe If all MWS players just need to spend $19.40 to outfit their entire Skaven warband with Rat Ogres and maybe Legendary will have enough money to hire an additional programmer to work on the game other issues.

Oh he is very beefy, don't get me wrong. And I'm pretty sure had he not suffered from a bug pelting him with 10+ attacks from a single Fear stricken opponent, he would have done just fine next turn reshaping the cobblestone with the merc's face. But it was almost an endless loop that I barely managed to exit out of before the Rat Ogre bit the dust

Yes the Rat Ogre can't be robbed, congratulations the game is fixed, party on.

Maybe If all MWS players just need to spend $19.40 to outfit their entire Skaven warband with Rat Ogres and maybe Legendary will have enough money to hire an additional programmer to work on the game other issues.
Scuba raises an extremely important point here.

Under the current rules for hired swords, it seems that you may hire more than one of each type of hired sword. Referrring back to my crumbling old Mordheim rulebook, I find the sentence "To reflect their rarity, you can only have one of each type of Hired Sword in your warband" (p 147). Maybe this should be instituted in the app. Personally, I do find it a little boring facing a warband that comprises of three pit fighters, several knights and one ordinary warrior. It somewhat stinks of the kind of personal insecurity (and subsequent overcompensation) that manifests way too often in gaming communities (I call it elf-crotch issues, or the winky wink)

As for that rat ogre, the old rulebook states quite clearly "Your warband may include a single Rat Ogre" , p 91. Perhaps restricting the numbers back to the old school rules and encouraging the players to use TACTICS rather than brute force or sheer numbers could bring some of the balance back to the game.

Of course, I do recognise that this approach might mess with the money part of the game for our esteemed game Devs. I've no reasonable solution for this except to charge an exponentially increasing cost for each addititional Hired Sword of a certain type that is purchased. That might slow down the little rich kids and the winky winkys.....