Necromantic Magic: Spell of Awakening

Discussion in 'Bugs / Suggestions / Support' started by Whiskeyjack, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Whiskeyjack Private

Message Count:
    Under what circumstances are you supposed to be to cast Spell of Awakening? It essentially replaces a corpse with a zombie but I can only occasionally cast it, despite there inevitably being plently of corpses. Range seems to be infinite. Casting seems to be independent of what killed the hireling.

The full description is: The Necromancer calls the soul of a slain warrior back to his body and enslaves him with corrupt magic.

At one point, my Necromancer killed a guy: no option to reanimate. My zombies then killed another guy; my necromancer was then able to raise both corpses. I can't even begin to make sense of what mechanic determines whether the Spell of Awakening can be cast.
  2. CzaRus Major

Message Count:
    I do not own Undead, but I think it works the same way as walking through corpse killed by f.e. magic.
    If a character, f.e. Reikland captain kills a warrior with fireball, and is about to walk past the corpse, the game still registres the square as being occupied, despite the warrior being dead. Only after end of said captains turn, next character is able to step on now unoccupied square.
  3. Whiskeyjack Private

Message Count:
    I understand what you mean, but I'm confident that I've been able to resurrect corpses on the turn I killed them a few times. The option has never appeared on subsequent turns either, unless more corpses are made. To be clear, there have been quite a few occasions where my Necromancer has been in melee, with multiple corpses nearby for multiple turns but was still unable to cast Spell of Awakening. Most games, I can't cast Spell of Awakening at all.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
  4. Algirdas25 Major

Message Count:
    When unit is killed it need to show "dead" rather than "out of action "or "injured"