New unit design competition - BATTLE HARVESTER

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Overwatch, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Will Humphreys

Message Count:
    May have done three, but should provide you with plenty of inspiration :D

Attached Files:

2. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    'Nephro' is definitely my favorite - That drill looks like it would be able to power its way through some enemy defense. Awesome stuff. I've got this vision of the 'troop storage' on the back opening up with troops fleeing out, would be epic on the steam build to see a model like this released with it. The 'Orbweaver' is the second animalistic style unit design we've had! These are so creative and I love seeing them - people can get so creative with crossing animals and machines to make true mass weapons of destruction
  3. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    Well here we go.... I did this in 15 minutes - the idea of a battering ram - you smash down walls then thats it, the units pretty much useless. Every unit needs its USP

I know its crap but its more about the idea!

*TILT YO HEAD*
    IMG_1504.JPG
    Will Humphreys likes this.
  4. Will Humphreys

Message Count:
    Cheers! The drilling aspect may allow for some tunnelling as a means of sneaking up on folks :)

Trust me, there is no such thing as a bad drawing. Besides, the idea of battering in stead of drilling is a nice thought. With a wee bit of post-apocalyptic decoration, it would fit right in :D Great job!
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Looks pretty cool! I can imagine this thing destroying walls pretty efficiently! Awesome sketch :)
  6. jessy Private

Message Count:
    gotta make it look weathered and rusty to fit in with the post apoc theme :) other than that its great
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    I AGREE! Needs the hint of post apocalyptic. Have you seen the Mad Max movie, the new one? They had some amazing vehicles in that...
  8. jessy Private

Message Count:
    mad max is always awesome wait......what about a dog unit.... it could locate hidden enemy's like a probe but would be more advanced maybe like it can scavenge as well as seek out hidden troops in buildings sounds kinda cool :p
  9. KillerK1ng Corporal

Message Count:
    this is could, would it just be dogs let loose or some scavengers holding them? Maybe could even be an upgrade for scavenger units.
  10. jessy Private

Message Count:
    that would be sweet thinking maybe a scav in maybe some old riot gear or something
  11. Will Humphreys

Message Count:
    Not a bad idea at all :)
  12. DragonsMerchant Corporal

Message Count:
    hell yeah
  13. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    still ongoing - make sure you get your submissions in!