New version, ready to install! (Town Cryer Map Update)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Overwatch, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:

update-template-button.png

A new update is here! Head over to the store on your device and install the latest version of Mordheim: Warband Skirmish to access all the latest changes. Below are the release notes for the latest update, if you have any questions for me feel free to fire away. I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I possibly can!

ADDED
    • Added warrior skill points and injury display to warrior focus - if your units have a skill point the icon will always be shown above their head, even when you're switching from unit to unit in the camp screen, allowing you to see who has available skills much easier.
    • Cloud Saving - you can now recover your Warband if it's lost for whatever reason. If you're changing device you can also take your Warband with you!
    • New Town Cryer Map Scene - you'll notice that when visiting the Town Cryer you will be presented with a map of Mordheim, displaying exactly where you will be going as you travel from battle to battle. Let us know if you have any feedback for us on this in regards to the text we are using, and the locations you're visiting.
    FIXED
    • Fixed issue with map availability in later game - many of you are at late stages in the game, and have mentioned that you were struggling to see any variation when it comes to the maps you were encountering. This has now been changed and you should see more than just the one map you had available before.
    CHANGED
    • Removed difficulty text from missions - this was causing a lot of confusion for you folks so we decided to remove it.
    • Description for Haggle skill - It has been changed so that it has the proper description so that you can understand exactly what its purpose is. This now displays as "The Warrior knows all the tricks of bargaining and haggling. The price of all items in the store are reduced by up to 20%".

2. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    No Skaven!
  3. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    Town cryer map scene - I like the concept but it feels a bit unrefined ATM. I'm on S7 edge and even then it's quite hard to notice the detail due to the scale and resolution... which is a shame because it looks like an awesome map!

A suggestion would be to remove the flavour text from the map scene freeing up screen space to get acloser view of the map... Then provide this flavour text on the loading screen - preferably with a custom background detailing a scene from the location you are visiting. (My vote would be to cut the 'tips' on the loading screen in favour for expanding then lore as the tips seemnreally self explanatory to me).

Secondly the cut from the town cryer to the map feels a bit jumpy. I noticed the town cryer is holding some sort of scroll... How much work would it be to animate the cut to the map having the town cryer lift up the scroll and then zoom camera to reveal the new map scene? Would help draw the two aspects together into a more flowing narrative.
    OverWatch likes this.
  4. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    Map is awesosme. Very flavourful feature that brings a lot character to the game. Thanks to map missions do not feel disembodied. The only thing I would change is mayby make a map a bit darker but that's not necessaery.
  5. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thanks for the feedback!

We may be able to configure the map so that it's zoomed in further so that you can see the map in better detail. Our original plan was to make a separate tab (in the Town Cryer menu) so that you could view the map and zoom in to different areas allowing you to see where different locations are. Although we did try it, unfortunately, that wasn't feasible for us, so we've done all we can at this point to create a fully functioning map for you to see where you're headed. That doesn't mean we can't make tweaks in the future though. Essentially we have already tried to create a scene which you suggested (without the text).

Making the Town Cryer animate would be really cool, but it could mean a lot of work for the team. Bare in mind that we're a very small team, so some things we just can't fit in. I will let the team know your thoughts though, of course!
  6. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    Is there a way guys like us can help you? :)
    OverWatch likes this.
  7. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    You're all already doing an awesome job of helping us! Feedback is key to the team, without it we can't improve the game, can't fix bugs, and certainly can't make it a better experience all-around for players.

We'll still be implementing awesome features for you folks to play around with. It all just takes time! The team are all very dedicated to Mordheim, it's a project we've all loved working on so far and can't wait to see it shape into much more as time goes on.

Keep doin' what you're doing!
    morjax likes this.
  8. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    Yeah don't get me wrong I think the map as is stands is a great improvement! Maybe release a high Res map on the wiki page so people can explore in depth at will? Seems like too much good work to only see on the map scene!
  9. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thank you yet again for the suggestions, Matthew!

I hope that we'll be able to get round to sorting the Wiki out eventually... but that will, of course, take time once again. Hopefully, I'll be able to set some time aside to work on that myself or get a hand from the community at some point if anyone wants to chip in.

One thing that I have spoken with Adam about today is being able to see the map on it's own, being able to see where you've been to on the map so far and what you've yet to discover, and also being able to zoom in on specific locations so that you can examine the map in further detail. Although Adam isn't 100% happy with this functionality at the moment, he's been working hard to make sure this happens for the near future!
    Matthew likes this.
  10. Adam Private

Message Count:
    I like the variety of maps again, and town cryer map is lovely :)
    Still having issues with unseen enemy firing ranged weapons.
    Any plans for a narrative map? Ie if you win at the stables, could open up map options? Or having carry over effects, win at the tavern, gain a bonus to ld for next game?
  11. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Thank you, Adam!

If you can't see your opponent that's an indication that you need to up your initiative. Initiative determines how far your visible range will be. Check out the initiative tab, there are some skills that'd benefit you!

As far as I'm aware we don't have plans for anything like that. But that's a nice suggestion, I'll pass that on to the rest of the team.

What we do have plans for is to make the map viewable so that you can see where you've discovered, and what locations on the map remain that you still have to visit. There are 40 locations in total... which will become much more apparent once this feature gets implemented.
  12. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Just updated the Wiki page with High-res images of the map of Mordheim.

If you discover any locations just edit the page, and add them to the existing list!!

Click here for Wiki
    Matthew likes this.
  13. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    Amazing! Thanks so much. Like the challenge to - will have to see if we can complete the location s list!
    OverWatch likes this.
  14. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    Make sure you add new locations to the list ;) I'm looking forward to seeing it grow.

I'm fairly certain anyone can contribute toward the Wiki, even if you don't have an account.
  15. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    Just done some exploring of the map and think I got a typo... Shouldn't it be 'Rat Catcher Alley' rather than 'Rat Catcher Ally'?
  16. etherkye Major

Message Count:
    Maybe it's a really helpful rat catcher?
    morjax, OverWatch and Marquand like this.
  17. Marquand Major

Message Count:
    I have also one spelling mistake (or is it?). There are some <Fish>viertal in the game. Assuming we're going "Empire uses german" ... shouldn't it be viertel? Which means "district" ?
  18. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    ...who you gonna call? Rat Catcher!
    morjax and OverWatch like this.
  19. Overwatch Community Manager

Message Count:
    You're going to need a rat catcher with the new DLC that's coming out soon... maybe it was intentional ;).

Okayy, maybe it wasn't. Thanks for pointing out the typos folks! Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any more.
    morjax and Matthew like this.
  20. Matthew Corporal

Message Count:
    Guuuys, typos still in there! As a English Grad I can't condone such flagrant misuse of grammar... sort it out yeah? :p